SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-16-10, 08:47 AM   #211
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarTMauK View Post
just wanted to say it works with ui mods, well it works for me and i tested nearly every command
you just need to modifie the files a bit so that no content is lost.

and i bet you can even get it work in dutch, you may just need to record the commands in dutch and replace the english ones, thats what im going to do for german though

Nice mod man thx alot
German translation is already completed, it will be released soon. Some additions still have to be made and skwasjer is a busy man, so it may take short while.
Old 09-16-10, 10:37 AM   #212
RdJ
Watch

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
just wanted to say it works with ui mods, well it works for me and i tested nearly every command
you just need to modifie the files a bit so that no content is lost.

and i bet you can even get it work in dutch, you may just need to record the commands in dutch and replace the english ones, thats what im going to do for german though

Nice mod man thx alot
It won't work in Dutch, since there is no Dutch speech recognition by Microsoft...
RdJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-10, 01:25 PM   #213
DarTMauK
Seaman

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdJ View Post
It won't work in Dutch, since there is no Dutch speech recognition by Microsoft...
It is possible, if you know a bit of coding, you just need to make you own recognition files and replace some files and make some scripts. I'm not going to explain it in detail now, i just know its possible because I made my own files too when i wasnt able to install a german language pack without reinstalling windows (didnt know about that tool to change at that time) but that was for another game. Soo i dont know if it works with this tool and sh too, but i dont know why it should not

But i wanted to ask sth else, is there a way to get that mod working offline? Because i dont have my internet on all the time it would be great if theres a way.
For me it only works when im online, is that normal??
DarTMauK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-10, 01:31 PM   #214
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Quote:
But i wanted to ask sth else, is there a way to get that mod working offline? Because i dont have my internet on all the time it would be great if theres a way.
Can you play SH5 when OFFline? If so - how? (don't describe it if it involves illegal aspects - it's not allowed on SubSim).
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-10, 02:49 PM   #215
RdJ
Watch

Quote:
It is possible, if you know a bit of coding, you just need to make you own recognition files and replace some files and make some scripts. I'm not going to explain it in detail now, i just know its possible because I made my own files too when i wasnt able to install a german language pack without reinstalling windows (didnt know about that tool to change at that time) but that was for another game. Soo i dont know if it works with this tool and sh too, but i dont know why it should not

Speech recognition using this mod is just not going to work in Dutch.
It's IMPOSSIBLE
Old 09-16-10, 02:51 PM   #216
DarTMauK
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit View Post
Can you play SH5 when OFFline? If so - how? (don't describe it if it involves illegal aspects - it's not allowed on SubSim).
I COULD play when im offline yh with a fixed image i made(which i dont distribute) but im not using it as i play the game online with friends and its only for safety reason as i had it a couple of times now that the disc just broke from getting it out of its case i think.
Dont know if fixed images belong do illegal aspects, as i dont modified anything on the gamefiles itself (i edit and delete if its illegal)

So but back to my question i only wanted to know because i ran the speechtest and it didnt work when i was offline, wanted to test sth i modified.
I just dont like tools from others to go online thats why i ask
I think you can understand this

--------------------------------------------
edt: @RdJ
did you ever try the tool to change your language pack? i just scanned the thread again and saw you cant change you language pack, didnt know if you got it working now or not, so in case you didnt here is the link again which is also in the first post: http://www.chip.de/downloads/Vistalizator_31709612.html
with that you can easily change your language pack, just hit download and 2nd time download

edit2: Yes i know its not in dutch then, i only thought you didnt even manage to get the mod to work

Last edited by DarTMauK; 09-17-10 at 04:48 AM.
Old 09-16-10, 03:06 PM   #217
RdJ
Watch

Quote:
I COULD play when im offline yh with a fixed image i made(which i dont distribute) but im not using it as i play the game online with friends and its only for safety reason as i had it a couple of times now that the disc just broke from getting it out of its case i think.
Dont know if fixed images belong do illegal aspects, as i dont modified anything on the gamefiles itself (i edit and delete if its illegal)

so but back to my question i only wanted to know because i ran the speechtest and it didnt work when i was offline, wanted to test sth i modified.
I just dont like tools from others to go online thats why i ask

edt: @RdJ
did you ever try the tool to change your language pack? i just scanned the thread again and saw you cant change you language pack, didnt know if you got it working now or not, so in case you didnt here is the link again which is also in the first post: http://www.chip.de/downloads/Vistalizator_31709612.html
with that you can easily change your language pack, just hit download and 2nd time download
I know I can change language pack, but then speech recognition isn't Dutch...
Old 09-17-10, 05:18 AM   #218
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

I can make speech work offline, currently I am referencing the public grammar-DTD's at w3c.org and some schema extensions from microsoft (I believe), so that's why when loading speech it goes online. I can replace the remote schema reference with a local one, only the mod will be a bit bigger as a result... I never considered this to be an issue since it's an ONLINE game, but since some complaints have been filed I will look into this although it's not a priority to me. You can do it yourself too, just edit the grammar/commands files and replace the public schema/DTD references to local ones.

As far as language pack, I am running Win 7 Ultimate, and have english and german language pack installed. In the new mod, you can pick and choose which (by speech mod supported) language you wish to run, and it will let you use it - provided you have the language pack installed - without making it the primary active pack in Windows. So I am still running English Windows, but with German speech enabled.

Abusing a different language pack to use with Dutch will not work. The speech engine uses advanced recognition techniques which are tuned for a specific locale/accent, and as such will not give satisfying results if you use completely different language with it. Unless you find a way to code those rules (basically build a Windows language pack), there's no way to support a language that Microsoft does not provide language packs for. Perhaps in some time more language packs will be provided, I cannot tell.

PS: Karl, this was a crazy week again, so I have not touched the mod since our last talk. I will be online again maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by skwasjer; 09-17-10 at 05:34 AM.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-10, 06:13 AM   #219
DarTMauK
Seaman

Ok thank you for your reply

Well its not an big issue that it goes online though. Take your time with everything. Maybe i make it myself as you said or i let it as it is now. I just wondered about it going online.
I could try to make a "language pack", but well im no microsoft coder, results may be really bad, or i dont get any result at all and it may take me months to find out i got nothing to work
So i guess your right it won't work.

Wanted to say again its a great mod, thx
Old 09-17-10, 06:22 AM   #220
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
PS: Karl, this was a crazy week again, so I have not touched the mod since our last talk. I will be online again maybe tonight or tomorrow.
I should be available in Skype almost all the time. Just gimme a call when you feel like it.
Old 10-31-10, 06:49 PM   #221
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

It seems w3c has taken the grammar.dtd offline, or private, causing the mod to stop working. To work around this, do the following:
  1. Disable mod with JSGME.
  2. Download this file: http://s3d.skwas.com/redist/speechre...rammar.dtd.rar
  3. Open the package and extract the DTD-file to the following location INSIDE the mod (1.4): Data\Sound\Speech
  4. Open the SHSpeech_Grammar.xml file with Notepad, and change the following line:

<!DOCTYPE grammar PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD GRAMMAR 1.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/speech-grammar/grammar.dtd">

into:

<!DOCTYPE grammar PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD GRAMMAR 1.0//EN" "data/sound/speech/grammar.dtd">
  5. Reactivate the mod. Check the test application to see if voice recognition works again.
Now, the DTD no longer is loaded from w3c.

Enjoy...
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-10, 02:53 AM   #222
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

And I thought that my SH5 is broken, thats why this mod is not working anymore. Thanks for the update!
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-10, 07:32 PM   #223
seiseki
Swabbie

Downloads: 36

Oh god this is the most awesome thing ever
Just trying it out in the test program, to bad everyones asleep here..
I'm speaking really quietly but it usally picks it up anyways, the easy phrases at least..

Oh man, I'm gonna go wild with this tomorrow!
seiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-10, 02:30 AM   #224
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Hehe.. true, be prepared to be the real captain and not your mouse
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-10, 09:45 AM   #225
seiseki
Swabbie

Downloads: 36

Hey, would it be possible for even more commands?

Everytime I use the TC Warpspeed command I'm thinking about Star Trek..
Would be nice if I could just say TC Full, or TC Maximum.

Edit: Just found out how to add my own commands.
So far I've added:

TC slow (8x)
TC medium (32x)
TC travel (former warpspeed)

open fire (deck/aa guns)
launch torpedo
all ahead full
changed 'dive, dive, dive' so it reacts if you say 'dive' once, twice or three times.

Another thing I'd like to see is being able to address specific crew members to activate their abilities..
Like cook, make us something special or bosun, cheer up the men!

Perhaps even yelling "chief engineer!" could bring up his dialogue box and you could choose dialogue option by speaking out loud.

Last edited by seiseki; 12-17-10 at 10:49 PM.
seiseki is offline   Reply With Quote