SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-18-08, 11:12 AM   #136
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

I just downloaded the .obj file and noticed S3D throws an error upon import. I'll have a look at it. I think there's 2 small bugs actually. I'll provide an update somewhere later tonight.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 11:40 AM   #137
LordNeuro"Serbia"
Chief

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 0
Just maybe

I dont now if is posibel or not but maybe u cann add more debrise, and white thea more bodies. Thise would bee nice if is posibel. Imho whean big ships r stroke there would be more bodies. Just a thoat if is posibol, it wold look good. Ader then thead thise is fantastic mode. It give the game scery dose of realisam. Thx the all peapol involvd in thise project. U make r game exelent.
Keep up the fantastic job like r u doing now. Thx for all hard work u r investing too make as hepy.:rotfl:
Old 04-18-08, 12:01 PM   #138
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Default New objects

I've made some progress UV mapping new objects:

This new lifeboat is a modified version of the Fletcher class destroyer's launch.

There are also sitting and standing figures using D.Kruger's skins and a life jacket skin I made myself.

The lifeboat with the crew. Although you can't see the boat's bottom in Wings3d it should show up fine in the game.

Different crew skins, for variety. I am hoping it will be possible to keep the different crew skins b/c without them the crew looks too monotonous. The standing figure is "dressed" in one of D. Kruger's ship officer skins.

In these shots the object's faces are inverted so that the skins will show correctly. If you can help by inserting them into the mod (which I still can't do) I will send you the link.

I will get to the liferaft a little later.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 01:20 PM   #139
LordNeuro"Serbia"
Chief

Default Looks wery good

Wery good iambecomelife. I hope u will manege too get it in game like u wont too. And i hope u will manege soon. ANd just 1 more qvestion, is there a posobility too shote the crew on life boat maybe , after all it is a krigsmarine oreders from i dont now what year eksektly.:hmm:
Old 04-18-08, 01:32 PM   #140
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar
Hmmm.... doesn't work for me -> no debris, no life boats after sinking [using your single test mission].
Very weird... :hmm:
Thanks for the feedback mate! I'm waiting anyone!

Well, you probably have not installed it correctly (probably wrong folder structure) After enable the mod with JSGME go to your library folder and look for LifeBoats&Debris.dat, if not there, wrong installation.
Old 04-18-08, 01:34 PM   #141
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer
I just downloaded the .obj file and noticed S3D throws an error upon import. I'll have a look at it. I think there's 2 small bugs actually. I'll provide an update somewhere later tonight.
Thanks to look at this skwasjer!
Old 04-18-08, 01:39 PM   #142
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNeuro"Serbia"
Wery good iambecomelife. I hope u will manege too get it in game like u wont too. And i hope u will manege soon. ANd just 1 more qvestion, is there a posobility too shote the crew on life boat maybe , after all it is a krigsmarine oreders from i dont now what year eksektly.:hmm:
I think that it was said these will not be destructible objects. So if you shoot them nothing happens. Also, the Kriegsmarine never gave orders to shoot lifeboats. Instead, an order was given not to pick up or assist survivors (except for intelligence purposes).
Old 04-18-08, 01:42 PM   #143
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife
I've made some progress UV mapping new objects:

This new lifeboat is a modified version of the Fletcher class destroyer's launch.

There are also sitting and standing figures using D.Kruger's skins and a life jacket skin I made myself.

The lifeboat with the crew. Although you can't see the boat's bottom in Wings3d it should show up fine in the game.

Different crew skins, for variety. I am hoping it will be possible to keep the different crew skins b/c without them the crew looks too monotonous. The standing figure is "dressed" in one of D. Kruger's ship officer skins.

In these shots the object's faces are inverted so that the skins will show correctly. If you can help by inserting them into the mod (which I still can't do) I will send you the link.

I will get to the liferaft a little later.
Awesome again! Thanks Iambe!
I guess that you have noticed that swasjer himself will look at the problem to import the models...so...very soon we will have news on the matter.

@LordSerbia: isn't until now possible to destroy any the debris, including crew and lifeboats. I also like the idea to have a bit more corps on the water...but take in mind that Sh3 don't have a good float behaviour for small objects like bodies...this is why I don't put a lot of them on the first release.:hmm:
Old 04-18-08, 01:55 PM   #144
LordNeuro"Serbia"
Chief

Ok thx

I must say i dont heve moding skills anfortunatly. I will love too have the skils like all u have dhean I will assist u in need, not like now just naging. Like i sead it was just the idea imo theat would look cool. Thx for u replay and eksplanation way thise cann not bee dann. And i must say just like it is the mod is perfect, and it gives the game theat litle thing theat make a big thean. I m soory for my bad english and what i wrote maybe dont sound and read like i meant. And about the work u r all doing too improve thise mod it cann only geat beter. 1 more time thx too all for theas fantastic mod.

Abot thise: Also, the Kriegsmarine never gave orders to shoot lifeboats. Instead, an order was given not to pick up or assist survivors (except for intelligence purposes).
Sorry iambecomelife i so it in same movie, thise musst be the holywood desinformation. And i thoat theat i read it theat after the incident on see whaen the sub was picking survavils, the orders was given too not pick theam. Well thx for the info. U allways lern new things.
Old 04-18-08, 03:27 PM   #145
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Here are the files for the lifeboat:

http://files.filefront.com/Lifeboat+.../fileinfo.html

It contains the lifeboat 3d model (along with people), crewmember figures, D. Kruger's skins, and a new skin for the liferafts.

The people are separate models from the lifeboat, so if you use wings3d you can move them around, clone them, or delete them depending on how many people you want.
Old 04-18-08, 03:45 PM   #146
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNeuro"Serbia"
I think that it was said these will not be destructible objects. So if you shoot them nothing happens. Also, the Kriegsmarine never gave orders to shoot lifeboats. Instead, an order was given not to pick up or assist survivors (except for intelligence purposes).
Uboats regulary picked up survivors and aided them

Quote:
U 35 reported that she was starting on her return passage. The radio message also mentioned that:
1) Again there had been 2 spontaneous explosions of G7a pistols.
2) She had to land the crew of the Greek ship on the Irish coast.
http://www.uboatarchive.net/BDUKTB30249.htm

Was only after the Laconia incident that order was given

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laconia_incident

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 04:45 PM   #147
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Just an fyi, I've looked at the obj-file posted earlier and it wasn't a real problem to fix (just an oversight really), but coincidentally I ran into another more critical bug so thanks for that :rotfl: . Secondly, one other bug was reported.

I've fixed them now (I hope, hehe) and will post a new release in a bit so best forget about v0.8.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 05:02 PM   #148
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer
Just an fyi, I've looked at the obj-file posted earlier and it wasn't a real problem to fix (just an oversight really), but coincidentally I ran into another more critical bug so thanks for that :rotfl: . Secondly, one other bug was reported.

I've fixed them now (I hope, hehe) and will post a new release in a bit so best forget about v0.8.
That´s great!

By the way, I put a feedback for you on the main S3D thread at Sh4 forum some minutes ago.
Old 04-18-08, 05:02 PM   #149
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

One more bug.
It's Friday and S3D won't get a beer from the fridge for me?
:rotfl:

Good work Mate!
Old 04-18-08, 05:10 PM   #150
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Here are the files for the lifeboat:

http://files.filefront.com/Lifeboat+.../fileinfo.html

It contains the lifeboat 3d model (along with people), crewmember figures, D. Kruger's skins, and a new skin for the liferafts.

The people are separate models from the lifeboat, so if you use wings3d you can move them around, clone them, or delete them depending on how many people you want.
Thanks mate! I already downloaded it. Your new LB skin is now really good, testing in game now!

Just FYI, i don´t know nothing (until now) how to mess with 3D objects, i don´t have wings3d. So, can you (if not ready yet) just made a "already ready" LB with crew inside ready to we import with the upcoming new S3D and then we can test the whole thing in game? :hmm: