SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-10-11, 07:06 PM   #76
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

@TDW

lol, lol, and... lol

I mean, so shall I grab back some of the PM's where you asked me about SH5 scripting, C# / Visual Studio? Even you needed (beginners)help from the guru named skwasjer. It's hard to admit, I know...

Nobody's perfect. Some like to learn coding, others don't. You seem to like it, and that's good. I hope you will keep improving, there's still much to learn.

In the end everybody wants to use specific designed tools for specific tasks if that makes it easier for them. Remember the guy that invented the wheel? I'm pretty sure you used Visual Studio for C# work, instead of notepad.exe right?

So please stop telling everyone to do it the hard way. It's annoying.

skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 07:17 PM   #77
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
I am a 7th grade dropoutI drive a truck for Fedex also....
Bravo Mate!

I dropped out of Business Administration and went to jumping out of AirCraft to kill people.

In the mid '90's I opened the very first ISP in my area while working in a factory!

Now I work strictly in Destruction/Construction as a self-employed person.
15 years now doing that!

Education means less then determination.
Old 09-10-11, 08:48 PM   #78
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
Bravo Mate!

I dropped out of Business Administration and went to jumping out of AirCraft to kill people.

In the mid '90's I opened the very first ISP in my area while working in a factory!

Now I work strictly in Destruction/Construction as a self-employed person.
15 years now doing that!

Education means less then determination.
Yes,thats true but a brilliant mind is probably most important here.There is a guy who mods stalker and adds in new stuff daily like its nothing.You want something added then voila its done with absolutely no issues and the next day.Crazy how he does that......
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 06:57 AM   #79
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
@TDW

lol, lol, and... lol

I mean, so shall I grab back some of the PM's where you asked me about SH5 scripting, C# / Visual Studio? Even you needed (beginners)help from the guru named skwasjer. It's hard to admit, I know...

Nobody's perfect. Some like to learn coding, others don't. You seem to like it, and that's good. I hope you will keep improving, there's still much to learn.

In the end everybody wants to use specific designed tools for specific tasks if that makes it easier for them. Remember the guy that invented the wheel? I'm pretty sure you used Visual Studio for C# work, instead of notepad.exe right?

So please stop telling everyone to do it the hard way. It's annoying.

absolutely right...but

its not only about "like" to learn coding...its also about the time to be able to learn and the soft skills. i surely would like to learn coding, as i did in actionscript, php and html AND updating the templates of silent editor for sh5.

but we all know, time is rare. we all often havent got enough of it, to do all the things we want to do. so i simply have no time to dig in this coding stuff as deep, as i had to beeing able to use the skills for sh-modding. beside this, i have my problems in understanding the logic of coding structures and reverse engineering. i am more the visually skilled type of human, not the math-type who works investigational.

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 09:16 AM   #80
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Trust me,as a man who has worked in sweat shops and dock work most my life,there are large differences in intelligence between people.Most of you are educated so do not know how stupid some humans are.Sorry to sound so harsh but there is no other word for it.

Take the pie equation for electrical work and then a step up and step down electrical circuit.I found it easy but many of my friends could not grasp the concept.I tried and tried to explain to them even using the book I learned from as a guide and they were lost.I also had one friend who could not understand how an underground filter in a fish tank workedI also had a friend who would fight with me that fired chicken had no calories but that another story in itself.

So you guys pushing that its just determination to learn is kinda silly.Ok,here is one that I ask people to understand and they "ALL" tell me its easy and they understand.(thats why they clean toilets)

I am talking about Einsteins theory of relativity.I was told its about gravity and how time is based on gravity.If you are to go into space and be away from any gravitational pull of planets....and then travel faster then the speed of light time will never change.Now I wanna see someone here who says they understand that.
Old 09-11-11, 10:29 AM   #81
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I am talking about Einsteins theory of relativity.I was told its about gravity and how time is based on gravity.If you are to go into space and be away from any gravitational pull of planets....and then travel faster then the speed of light time will never change.Now I wanna see someone here who says they understand that.
Be patient, TDW will provide a working example everybody can understand in some moments

No, seriously, I think you have a point and urfish again hit the bull's eye:

Quote:
but we all know, time is rare. we all often havent got enough of it, to do all the things we want to do. so i simply have no time to dig in this coding stuff as deep, as i had to beeing able to use the skills for sh-modding.
That's also the key: In the scarce availabel time I have, I can do one of both things: Learn C, C+, hexediting or whatever, OR mod. If I do the first (And asuming I could even be able to learn it quickly), then I don't mod at all, and worser even, when I'm done with C+ it might happen that my interest has shifted to another game that requires something else different
Old 09-11-11, 11:11 AM   #82
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
Most of you are educated so do not know how stupid some humans are ...
Education and mind (intellect) are two different things, but they are mutually reinforcing...
Education polishes natural mind (intelligence), bringing it to "the state of the diamond".
And with a university degree there are narrow-minded people... as our former rulers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
That's also the key: In the scarce availabel time I have, I can do ...
The vast majority of modders have had time's shortage...

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 09-11-11 at 11:35 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 11:28 AM   #83
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Be patient, TDW will provide a working example everybody can understand in some moments

No, seriously, I think you have a point and urfish again hit the bull's eye:
If he comes on here and says he understands it when supposedly only 10 or so people in the world knows what Einstein meant then we truly have a great among us.

LMAO....Just joking TDW I know you are great already sir.....
Old 09-11-11, 11:37 AM   #84
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
Education and mind (intellect) are two different things, but they are mutually reinforcing...
Education polishes natural mind (intelligence), bringing it to "the state of the diamond".
And with a university degree there are narrow-minded people... as our former rulers.
Exactly,there are so many components of intelligence.Memory retention is one and alot of people have this in high amounts but its not what I consider intelliegence.For me intelligence is when someone makes something new or devises ways to further a product we already have that many said was at its max capacity.Take for example this company that I read about where they say they made a new battery that can be used for electric cars,recharges in 5 minutes in stead of 5 hours and provides more power to boot.The team needs money to fund it though and it seems that no one is jumping in which suprises me since this idea will allow electric cars to be common place since the battery will be also cheap to buy and not the 37thousand it costs now for a battery that you need to replace peridocially.

http://www.prietobattery.com/

And what I meant about the working with educated people making you forget how dumb humans can be is that you will most likely never have a coworker tell you that you can eat all the chicken you want and never gain weight.......as long as its fried chicken of course....
Old 09-11-11, 02:19 PM   #85
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Judgeing intellegence seems to be a matter of perspective.
I've seen people with degrees in many fields freak out when I crawl into an 8" hole, or climb a 500'+ tower.

I've only ever felt I had a better grasp on my own mind then most people have.

The biggest wall I have ever faced is the wall I created in my mind!
If you convince yourself that you can not do something?
It's done.
If you convince yourself that you CAN do it?
You will!!

I was afraid of heights until I jumped out of AirCraft.
I was afraid of tight spaces until I crawled into them.
I was afraid of failing anything until I figured out failing something ment I just had to get my mind set right and try again.
Old 09-11-11, 03:08 PM   #86
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

So your saying that the friend chicken guy will be able to write code?
Old 09-16-11, 01:49 PM   #87
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345

hey hans, glad to see you made your way down into SH4 mods. by far it would be great and awsome for you to extend your talents in improving OM for the SH community. i do not take any credit on the work that has been done in our mod The Kriegsmarine add-on mod for OM, i just started the idea and was trying to keep the fire started but from some real life situations and lack of communications it would seem that fire has died out. we did have a modder that was transferring SH5 uboats to OM such as the TypeVII A,B,C and perhaps later the IXDs. the type A was coming along excellent and was beautiful so far. I have a sound fix that brought the GWX feel into the game and background fixes and wallpapers and some lighting and weather improvments, oh and we had Wolfpacks figured out but was working on models. but as you stated before the fire has died out due to SH5 and loyal SH3 fans. so like i said its nice to see you in here poking around and i wish it would be more exciting though.

Regards,
drakkhen20
P.S.- in regards to our mod. if you have any further questions PM me.
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-11, 06:27 PM   #88
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

All i'm going to say this was my rebuttal to SH5, and to show to the SH3 crowd what SH4 is capable of:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...06&postcount=1
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=121
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=139

Naturally, since im a Fleet boat fanboy of some renown, my words and work fell of deaf ears, and closed eyes. Regardless, feel free to use whatever you want from that rough beta build i posted. I do actually have a number of fixes in there in regard to the crew graph files. Sonarman should work properly. Vanilla he does not.

The nice thing about uboats as a modder, is you have plenty of resources already made to draw from. The work is in converting them to SH4 controllers and such, but even that is less work then doing everything from scratch.

As an aside, no, im not modding and im very much done. So take whatever you want from my work, but that's about all the help ill give. I have no silent hunter title installed, and have no intention of installing any of them.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-11, 06:36 PM   #89
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
All i'm going to say this was my rebuttal to SH5, and to show to the SH3 crowd what SH4 is capable of:
You know what the saddest part is Mate?
It will all probably be totally ignored as others try to re-invent the Wheel.
Old 09-17-11, 04:41 AM   #90
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
You know what the saddest part is Mate?
It will all probably be totally ignored as others try to re-invent the Wheel.
THAT is one of the points which wont gets into my brain! You are so right. IGNORED is very right. SH4 has very big potential. But many are so good experts, who really know, what sh3 can do. And beside this, there are even more experts, who know, what sh5 can do!

But they all ignore, that sh5 modding is limited to a few people. And the hardcode limits are an unpassable frontier at the moment, without any further knowledge. And sh3 might also has some potential left...but it is overestimated in many ways, as it has almost reached its final destination.

So in the end its all about faith again. Not, what the best to do.

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote