SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-03-14, 11:32 AM   #3256
bobjam
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

When I go to download from

http://www.mediafire.com/download/72..._1_0_164_0.zip

chrome gives me a message that the file 'is malicious, and Chrome has blocked it.'

Anyone else run into this problem? I presume this is safe to download but wanted to check in first.
bobjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 12:18 PM   #3257
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A warm welcome ‘bobjam ’ to the Subsim family.

You will always find someone here to help you.

Link to my SH5 – SH4 posts:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804

See my Tutorial Post #2
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 12:19 PM   #3258
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjam View Post

chrome gives me a message that the file 'is malicious, and Chrome has blocked it.'
Google is always right!

P.S. Of course it's safe...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 02:39 PM   #3259
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63

Welcome bobjam

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 04:44 PM   #3260
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome Aboard

Bobjam!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 03:27 AM   #3261
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Default @ bobjam

This sounds a bit strange. I'm running Chrome and I don't get any 'warnings' when I download that mod...

I'm confident VDR knows what he's talking about when he says it's safe to download.

Can anyone help me to understand this?

BTW - a warm welcome Bobjam
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 09:04 PM   #3262
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
This sounds a bit strange. I'm running Chrome and I don't get any 'warnings' when I download that mod...

I'm confident VDR knows what he's talking about when he says it's safe to download.

Can anyone help me to understand this?
Could be a false positive depending on the virus engine. I do not use Chrome personally. I know Chrome is Google's brower right? Does it have an antivirus engine built into it?

I have had downloads off by one kilobyte and a virus antiscan reads them wrong.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 12:42 PM   #3263
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Could be a false positive depending on the virus engine. I do not use Chrome personally. I know Chrome is Google's brower right? Does it have an antivirus engine built into it?

I have had downloads off by one kilobyte and a virus antiscan reads them wrong.
I'm confident you're right here.

Yes, Chrome has some 'security' settings e.g. something they call 'protection agains malicious software'.

I'm positive that's the answer to why Chrome recognizes some software as malicious.

If you've got an anti -virus program running it should be reasonable to just un-tick that setting in the Chrome settings and the issue is gone.
Old 07-06-14, 01:17 PM   #3264
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581

Or, TDW's trying to infect our computers...

P.S.
I've never trusted those paranoid programs, the best antivirus is your self. There is no anti virus/spyware which will help you if you don't know what are you doing...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 02:52 AM   #3265
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Or, TDW's trying to infect our computers...
I never thought of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
P.S.
I've never trusted those paranoid programs, the best antivirus is your self. There is no anti virus/spyware which will help you if you don't know what are you doing...
Correct!

Last edited by Silent Steel; 07-09-14 at 06:12 AM.
Old 07-09-14, 03:53 AM   #3266
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Hiya's,

Two weird problems i can't figure out, one is somewhat to do with the patcher (or more like me fubaring it)

Other might be .............

The AI repair patch i enable in patcher (where the ai tries to repair etc via the repair or flood icon)

The flood one works fine eg : i need help as i flood, i click guy (forget name lol) and select the line to start speeding up flood repair, all's well the icon pops up and slowly starts ticking down (clockwise as usual)

Now when i get damaged, i go through the same process and the repair icon pops up, but it stays the same, it doesn't tick down

Any ideas on this repair fubar ?

Best add when i redo game etc, i save vanilla gps, then restore my snapshot, is this a problem ? i mean should i just alter the vanilla gps to my liking ?

Two, for some reason when i check for non warships by pinging i get 2 responses, like, xxx 10k 320deg long range xxx 10k 320deg long range, but when i ping for warships i get just a lone return eg xxx 10k 320deg long range, any ideas on that ? (this i can live with as it doesn't seem to mess the game up)

I did read about redoing the saved stock files that patcher alters, just tried it, started from bunker save, damaged boat after hitting a ship to get damaged icon for repair still not ticking down

It's gotta be something simple i'm messing up i know

Any Input much appreciated

Bye

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 12:57 PM   #3267
Katze
Loader

Downloads: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
Hiya's,

Two weird problems i can't figure out, one is somewhat to do with the patcher (or more like me fubaring it)

Other might be .............

The AI repair patch i enable in patcher (where the ai tries to repair etc via the repair or flood icon)

The flood one works fine eg : i need help as i flood, i click guy (forget name lol) and select the line to start speeding up flood repair, all's well the icon pops up and slowly starts ticking down (clockwise as usual)

Now when i get damaged, i go through the same process and the repair icon pops up, but it stays the same, it doesn't tick down

Any ideas on this repair fubar ?

Best add when i redo game etc, i save vanilla gps, then restore my snapshot, is this a problem ? i mean should i just alter the vanilla gps to my liking ?

Two, for some reason when i check for non warships by pinging i get 2 responses, like, xxx 10k 320deg long range xxx 10k 320deg long range, but when i ping for warships i get just a lone return eg xxx 10k 320deg long range, any ideas on that ? (this i can live with as it doesn't seem to mess the game up)

I did read about redoing the saved stock files that patcher alters, just tried it, started from bunker save, damaged boat after hitting a ship to get damaged icon for repair still not ticking down

It's gotta be something simple i'm messing up i know

Any Input much appreciated

The Chief ability "2. Increase Repair Rate" is a toggle ability:
Talk to the Chief to start it (icon appears and morale is used up over the time it is active)
Talk to the Chief and select the same line to stop the activity. The icon should disappear.

His response is the same in both instances but I think that's because it couldn't be customized for a 'toggle' ability.

I believe the dialog was actually was introduced with "Athlonic's MCCD "More Crew Commands by Dialog" MOD"; at least it wasn't introduced with the SH5.exe Patcher.

The "AI repairs" refer to damaged NPC ships ( from the patch notes ):
"Starting with v1.0.81.0 revised the SHCollisions AI Crew Damage Control patch. The patch now takes crew veterancy level, unit's HPs ratio, and unit's type into consideration. Most effects will stop when crew fixes damage to the zone (box) . I'm still looking for a few controllers so that I can stop them all."
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-14, 02:00 PM   #3268
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Cheers Katze

Enlightened me

Bye

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 06:31 AM   #3269
Skywalk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Which file does the Map colored lines patch affect?

I'm wondering because that is literally all I want out of this. I must have the colored map tool lines! Does it patch SH5.exe? or another ? someone must know!
Old 07-10-14, 07:40 AM   #3270
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalk View Post
Which file does the Map colored lines patch affect?

I'm wondering because that is literally all I want out of this. I must have the colored map tool lines! Does it patch SH5.exe? or another ? someone must know!
u mean the protractor, rule and compass color ?
yes they can be changed with tdw's patcher take a look here
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote