SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-02-10, 07:48 AM   #196
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Yeah, the UI should be addon/optional as there most of the people is using other UI's. What I would like is something very simple, only 2 things I miss when I hide the UI with shift+z :

That's it, nothing else. The chat box only is enough, but on scope view I would like the fuelbar as there is no dial showing these data in the command /attack periscope room.

Speaking about the scope view.. this mod not cover the targeting, right? I mean the target data and how to send values to the tdc. Then the scope UI still will need to have more than the chat box. Maybe something like this ...
Karl implemented almost all targetting related commands, but I remember there were still a couple of commands that need an implementation. So it's coming for sure. We will also provide more feedback (where the game doesn't) in the message window for certain commands. And I agree with you, I myself just play stock UI and hardly press any buttons (only for targetting because I find that too difficult without the tools ), I like it best that way.

Additionally the number of supported variations of commands is 3 times as much as v1.4 so you don't have to say the same thing over and over and can throw in a little variation. I just have been a little bit too tied up with work, but the good news is the next weekend and week I actually do have spare time (finally). So I will try to push the update out this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev1
Hi skwasjer,

Would this be usable in either Silent Hunter 3 or Silent Hunter 4 as I have Windows 7 (Ultimate Installed)
I'm afraid not. The scripts to make it all work are only supported by SH5's script engine. SH3/4 don't have similar support, so this mod will not work. You can use Shoot or SH4Speech though for SH3/SH4, albeit a little bit more cumbersome to use and a little less advanced. They still are good fun (I used both!)
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 08:38 AM   #197
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

As skwasjer already said, nearly all commands are implemented. That includes, but is not limited to:
- set AoB
- set target range
- set target speed
- all commands for deck- and flakguns known from SH3
- setup salvo mode
- set spread angle
- torpedo depth
- all optional settings for FAT/LUT torpedos
- many many more

So basically the only thing you need to enter target data or anything related to shooting will be the stock XO dialog. And that is just for confirmation of what you have entered (and in some cases the speech engine will confuse numbers, so it is good to double-check it (adds to immersion as well, in my opinion)).

German already should be in an almost complete state when released, while english needs improvement. But since english is not my native language, i am not sure what to add. Any suggestions users want will be implemented (if possible).

I should mention that numbers up to 1000 are implemented completely (for german even with difference in 2 = zwo/zwei), and above 1000 up to 12500 (max setting for straight run of FAT/LUT torpedo) in steps of 25. So for example 3825 exists, but 3845 does not. If this should not be enough, additions can (and will) be made. For english users, yard and feet are accounted for, so that the map shows exactly what has been set. Background: labels on the dials (in TDWs UI mod) are not changing accordingly when using imperial measurement units. So the dials do not show what has been commanded, but when you check it via the map, it will be correct.
Old 09-02-10, 11:49 AM   #198
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Just perfect and exactly what I was lookin/dreaming for. Full sim.. yay, thank you guys!

Hope that one of you will find time to hide the HUD and leave only a chat box. In SH5 the UI should be a vindow to the sim, not a part of it!
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 02:24 PM   #199
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Also folks, in the next version of my interior mod, you won't need a UI or the report screen to find out any of the simple information about the sub. It will have fully functioning dials for battery, fuel, CO2, Compressed air, depth, speed, heading, rudder, dive plane angle, inclinometer, and throttle. Some of these were working in stock, and some more of them are working in my interior mod's current version, but V1.2 will have dials for all this stuff.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 02:55 PM   #200
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
Also folks, in the next version of my interior mod, you won't need a UI or the report screen to find out any of the simple information about the sub. It will have fully functioning dials for battery, fuel, CO2, Compressed air, depth, speed, heading, rudder, dive plane angle, inclinometer, and throttle. Some of these were working in stock, and some more of them are working in my interior mod's current version, but V1.2 will have dials for all this stuff.
<3

I would so love this stuff working. Holding thumbs for your progress!

This will be the most awesome Subsim ever, if only "we" get lucky and can add ships without breaking the recognition manual.
Old 09-03-10, 03:49 AM   #201
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
God bless you for this. Finally we can get rid of the UI completely, yay!
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 10:01 AM   #202
RdJ
Watch

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

I tried to use this mod with Dragon NaturallySpeaking, but no luck . The test program doesn't recognize Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Is it possible to implement Dragon NaturallySpeaking compatibility?
RdJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 10:28 AM   #203
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Quote:
Amazing
Old 09-05-10, 10:29 AM   #204
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdJ View Post
I tried to use this mod with Dragon NaturallySpeaking, but no luck . The test program doesn't recognize Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Is it possible to implement Dragon NaturallySpeaking compatibility?
This mod has a speech recognition engine built in. You just need Windows 7 or Vista for it to work. And as i remember skwasjer stated previously that supporting Windows XP is not likely to happen anytime soon.

Apart from that: Windows XP is far outdated by now. You may consider ordering a copy of Win7 regardless of this mod. I, for one, did, and i am really satisfied with my decision.
Old 09-05-10, 10:51 AM   #205
RdJ
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKoch View Post
This mod has a speech recognition engine built in. You just need Windows 7 or Vista for it to work. And as i remember skwasjer stated previously that supporting Windows XP is not likely to happen anytime soon.

Apart from that: Windows XP is far outdated by now. You may consider ordering a copy of Win7 regardless of this mod. I, for one, did, and i am really satisfied with my decision.
I've got Windows 7, but the Dutch version. And I don't want to change it do English. I don't understand why MS doesn't enable English speech recognition for Dutch Windows 7.
Old 09-05-10, 11:06 AM   #206
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I've got Windows 7, but the Dutch version. And I don't want to change it do English. I don't understand why MS doesn't enable English speech recognition for Dutch Windows 7.
If you have Ultimate Edition, you can enable english recognition without having your whole Windows in english. If you don't have Ultimate edition... well, there are ways...
Old 09-05-10, 11:41 AM   #207
RdJ
Watch

Quote:
If you have Ultimate Edition, you can enable english recognition without having your whole Windows in english. If you don't have Ultimate edition... well, there are ways...
I've got Ultimate, but I can't use English recognition. I've got the English language pack, but needs to be enabled to use English recognition
Old 09-05-10, 11:44 AM   #208
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I've got Ultimate, but I can't use English recognition. I've got the English language pack, but needs to be enabled to use English recognition
Well, wait for the next release. It should be possible then. Another thing is, if you want the recognition in dutch, this should also be possible. I can provide you with the files needed and some help on the technical part to understand the files and what is needed. This could be added to the mod at a later date, no big deal. I did this part for the german translation already.
Old 09-05-10, 11:47 AM   #209
RdJ
Watch

Quote:
Well, wait for the next release. It should be possible then. Another thing is, if you want the recognition in dutch, this should also be possible. I can provide you with the files needed and some help on the technical part to understand the files and what is needed. This could be added to the mod at a later date, no big deal. I did this part for the german translation already.
It isn't possible in Dutch, since there is no Dutch Speech Recognition...
Old 09-15-10, 03:44 PM   #210
DarTMauK
Seaman

Downloads: 39

just wanted to say it works with ui mods, well it works for me and i tested nearly every command
you just need to modifie the files a bit so that no content is lost.

and i bet you can even get it work in dutch, you may just need to record the commands in dutch and replace the english ones, thats what im going to do for german though

Nice mod man thx alot
DarTMauK is offline   Reply With Quote