SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-07-18, 10:21 AM   #6301
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Not too sure now... thanks to torpedobait, we are having to re-do some more of the campaign and plane layers... (just kidding torpedobait - we should have re-done them anyway)
Heh, heh! They didn't call me the "Agitator" for nuthin, y'know!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-18, 05:18 AM   #6302
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106

You're not going to believe this. I know I couldn't. Another IJN Midget Sub. Only it goes down a little bit differently this time.

Initial contact. 5 min 54 sec

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/282159278

Radar plot established. 5 min 42 sec

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/282161007

Date, time, and location information. Not 35 miles due west of Miyako, but rather due east. LOL! 2 min 42 sec

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/282163899

First visual sighting and first periscope lock. Ship ID entered into TDC. 2 min 30 sec

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/282166884

Instead of a spread, Captain decides on firing the only 4 remaining torpedos down the same track at slightly different depths. 3, 5, 7, and 8 feet. This in hopes of a quick and decisive kill. 4 min

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/282169682

The hunter becomes the hunted, and gets a bloody nose. 6 min 30 sec

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/282172421

Now in a furrball with no torpedoes. Surface engagement using deck gun. 13 min 42 sec

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/282174626

End of story. 5 min 30 sec.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/282176997

Link to the complete stream, including the demise of my Submarine by running aground under time compression in the Hawaiian Islands. This is why we save. 3 hr 22 min 18 sec

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/282114842

Acer Predator G6-720
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
256 GB NVMe SSD 2 TB SATA III SSD 2 TB SATA III HDD
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, FOTRS Ultimate v0.90_RC3, LAA
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-18, 07:37 AM   #6303
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
Shouldint American submarines dive a bit slower then german ones? Gar class sub dives at 24 sec shouldn't be somewhere 40seconds?
Hi Niume
i search and find this :

" At the start of the war these boats could go from fully surfaced to periscope depth in approximately 45–50 seconds.(.....)
By mid war, these measures combined with improved crew training got dive times down to 30–35 seconds,
very fast for such a large boat and acceptable to the boat's crew."

and this (dive time):

Dive speed is always referred to "from fully surfaced to periscope depth"
So I did a Test with Gar Class from surface 15 knot speed to periscope depth (red line in deephmeter) :
1)Dive---->47"

2) Crash Dive---->37"

I think good gameplay

Last edited by hauangua; 07-08-18 at 12:02 PM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-18, 09:45 PM   #6304
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Default Campaign Layers?

While you are looking into those, I found an anomaly at the docks in Davao on 4/21/42 (0116H). In the scope I observed a Large Modern Tanker and off to my right of her was a Medium Old Split Merchant. The latter looked funny because it was flying multiple flags, but on examination with the free camera appeared pretty normal otherwise.

Anyway, it took 5 torpedoes to sink the tanker, and three more for the freighter. In checking the log book, I found I'd been given credit for 2 tankers, the Old Split Merchant, plus a Medium Combi Freighter and a Large Old Split Freighter. They were spawned so closely together as to look like one ship - same with the Tanker(s).

Hopefully this has already been reported and I'm not stirring a new pot!

Old 07-09-18, 03:02 AM   #6305
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Davao is one port I haven't called at yet... The ships are not supposed to spawn and stay between layer changes, nor spawn too early in the game, time-wise... Some of the files were starting on 19380101. That ain't good. Hopefully, that is fixed in this next release... Coming "soon" to a download server near you...

Soon: adverb - within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: - unless dealing with software or mods...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-18, 04:39 PM   #6306
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Default All Ships Alert!

USS Gudgeon (SS-211) on patrol in Convoy College encountered an apparent rogue Frigate, flag unidentified, on 06/18/1942 (0219h Base Time) at approximately 121-54-30E; 24-43-45N.

Did not engage.

End
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frigate.jpg (20.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Position.jpg (45.6 KB, 20 views)

Old 07-10-18, 03:23 AM   #6307
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
USS Gudgeon (SS-211) on patrol in Convoy College encountered an apparent rogue Frigate, flag unidentified, on 06/18/1942 (0219h Base Time) at approximately 121-54-30E; 24-43-45N.

Did not engage.

End
Whats flying Dutchman

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-18, 10:16 PM   #6308
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
While you are looking into those, I found an anomaly at the docks in Davao on 4/21/42 (0116H). In the scope I observed a Large Modern Tanker and off to my right of her was a Medium Old Split Merchant. The latter looked funny because it was flying multiple flags, but on examination with the free camera appeared pretty normal otherwise.

Anyway, it took 5 torpedoes to sink the tanker, and three more for the freighter. In checking the log book, I found I'd been given credit for 2 tankers, the Old Split Merchant, plus a Medium Combi Freighter and a Large Old Split Freighter. They were spawned so closely together as to look like one ship - same with the Tanker(s).

Hopefully this has already been reported and I'm not stirring a new pot!
TB,

your story is MOST interesting because in my most recent career i called into Davao (during a lonely patrol) and found the same nest of targets as you. when i sank the tanker, the second tanker also blew up as they were moored closely together. i received credit for only one.

also, during that same attack on Davao, i found a yamato tucked way back in the weeds. the map screen (F5) displayed her position in the harbor but in reality she was tucked way back in the weeds and not available as a torpedo target.

mb
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SH4\MODS]

Guerrilla-Submarines-Spyron-Mod-v1
3 MaxOptics IV for SH4 1.5
4 Medals Fix IV for v1.5 - STOCK by Latency
8 3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 05:42 AM   #6309
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

is anyone else not having problems with prematures and duds with the mark 14 early years
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 07:58 AM   #6310
propbeanie

The 'random' algorithm used in the game is somewhat lacking in the 'random' department les green01. Sort of like, if you have a 4 in 10 chance of something happening, the game wants to get the "4" out of the way and be done with it. Just like how the weather can get stuck, similar can happen in other aspects of the game, such as group spawning, and the "duds" encountered. It does make for some interesting patrols, such as 18 duds, with a run of 10 in a row, and the next patrol only having one. Don't forget that you can have torps running too deep, as well as pistol issues with both magnetic as well as impact settings.

@ mark bonamer: I'll check on that... - actually, you have SpyRon listed as your mod. Was that Yamato with FotRSU?

Old 07-11-18, 08:03 AM   #6311
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
is anyone else not having problems with prematures and duds with the mark 14 early years
Yes, but probably with less frequency than that experienced by the real life skippers of that time. The problem was ignored by the powers that be until sometime in mid-1943.

Try using the slow speed, let the torp come in at angle of about 45 degrees, or use high-speed with magnetic exploder. All or none of those may or may not help for a given shot. Very frustrating. Imagine how they felt.

Old 07-11-18, 03:51 PM   #6312
Hawke21837
Swabbie

Downloads: 165
Icon14 FORTUS .71

I have just removed .63 and installed the new version FORTUS.71. I say it is the best I've played in a long time. However, my only coplaint is the ships tails are not there. I know it's a minor item but I like them . The attack screen takes some time to get used to it but I will adjust my thinking. My hats off to to all the effort given to keep FORTUS going. Thank to all.

Hawke21837
Hawke21837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 04:36 PM   #6313
propbeanie

Keep a sharp eye for the next version... we're putting it through its paces right now... just a few more tweaks... a little tightr "plink!" -RATZ-...

Old 07-11-18, 08:03 PM   #6314
Milano
Swabbie

Downloads: 26

Hello all, I just bought SH4 from steam and I downloaded FOTRS ultimate (and Trigger Maru Overhauled). Used JSGME to install them but the menu screens are the same as the stock game. This seems odd. Is there a splash screen for either mod? Or possibly a way of checking if they are set up correctly.

I also bought SH5 and got Wolves of steel working easily, unfortunately it crashed (which is common, or so I hear). Got pissed, gave up moved on to the Pacific. But Wolves had a splash screen so that why I ask
Milano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 08:28 PM   #6315
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano View Post
Hello all, I just bought SH4 from steam and I downloaded FOTRS ultimate (and Trigger Maru Overhauled). Used JSGME to install them but the menu screens are the same as the stock game. This seems odd. Is there a splash screen for either mod? Or possibly a way of checking if they are set up correctly.

I also bought SH5 and got Wolves of steel working easily, unfortunately it crashed (which is common, or so I hear). Got pissed, gave up moved on to the Pacific. But Wolves had a splash screen so that why I ask
You don't need TMO for FOTRSU. It will probably crash if you install both. It's one or the other.
J0313 is online   Reply With Quote