SUBSIM®  Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM® Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2018, 02:31 AM   #11266
vdr1981
Silent Hunter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Србија
Posts: 4,975
Downloads: 526
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
I felt that the 7 day cooldown of the external transfer crew ability was far, far too long, so I've made a mod to reduce it down to 5 hours: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5400

As always, vecko, feel free to use this in the next update if you want to
There is a good reason for that. Otherwise, ext.torp loading can be used as a cheat for almost instantaneous tubes loading anytime you like.
And please , specify the exact TWoS version compatibility in your mods description. I'm sure you understand why...

Last edited by vdr1981; 11-17-2018 at 02:51 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:15 AM   #11267
Muckenberg
Helmsman
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 109
Downloads: 390
Uploads: 0
Default

Hello
I started a new career in "Happy Times" after updating and became a strange thing. During the attack on the convoy I sank the Greek tanker and the game recognized him as hostile. When I looked at the map, Greece is still neutral, with the exception of Crete. it is hostile here. I will have to look when the British have landed in Crete.
Muckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:31 AM   #11268
vdr1981
Silent Hunter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Србија
Posts: 4,975
Downloads: 526
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckenberg View Post
Hello
I started a new career in "Happy Times" after updating and became a strange thing. During the attack on the convoy I sank the Greek tanker and the game recognized him as hostile. When I looked at the map, Greece is still neutral, with the exception of Crete. it is hostile here. I will have to look when the British have landed in Crete.
Those are "free nations" . Search the forum(especiallyOHII thread) and documentation for more. Can't be more specific now since I'm posting from my phone.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:21 AM   #11269
Muckenberg
Helmsman
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 109
Downloads: 390
Uploads: 0
Default

Thank you for answer
I took it into the war according to historical evidence. Germany invaded Greece 6.4. 1941 and therefore I was surprised. I will have to look into the fiber to OH II what the authors thought.

Last edited by Muckenberg; 11-17-2018 at 04:35 AM.
Muckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:00 AM   #11270
vdr1981
Silent Hunter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Србија
Posts: 4,975
Downloads: 526
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckenberg View Post
Thank you for answer
I took it into the war according to historical evidence. Germany invaded Greece 6.4. 1941 and therefore I was surprised. I will have to look into the fiber to OH II what the authors thought.
I'm sure Gap can give you excellent explanation what "free nations" actually are and why they are there , if you contact him...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:07 AM   #11271
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast
 
Cybermat47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,128
Downloads: 199
Uploads: 15


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckenberg View Post
Thank you for answer
I took it into the war according to historical evidence. Germany invaded Greece 6.4. 1941 and therefore I was surprised. I will have to look into the fiber to OH II what the authors thought.
I believe the reason is that you don’t gain renown for sinking neutral ships, while Greek ships were being sunk quite often in real life by the u-boats before Greece was bought into the war. That neutral tonnage still counted towards decorations for the captains and crews.

So the “free Greece” solution allows you to be properly recognised for destroying Greek tonnage in British convoys while keeping “proper” Greece neutral.
__________________
Historical TWoS Gameplay Guide: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...20#post2572620
My Mods
Silent Hunter 4
- Japanese Career: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4554
Silent Hunter 5
- Historical Torpedo Ranges and Speeds: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5399

- Shorter External Transfer Cooldown: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5400
Cybermat47 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:30 AM   #11272
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast
 
Cybermat47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,128
Downloads: 199
Uploads: 15


Default

Vecko, just some things to note about the last few campaigns:

Turning Point

- It would be good to have an optional mod that allows us to start this campaign with a VII C, rather than a U-flak. U-flaks were limited to escort and aircraft trap operations in the Bay of Biscay, meaning that they missed out on the climactic convoy battles that are the focus of this campaign. The standard VII C, on the other hand, was the workhorse of these battles.
- All of the U-flaks were VII Cs, converted to U-flaks in France, so it would make more sense for a U-flak campaign to start at a French base, rather than having to transfer there from Kiel.
- - On that note, I think that the front flak gun on the U-flak should be changed to a quad 20mm by default - see the image below.
- As the French base in this campaign is La Pallice, it would make more sense for the flotilla to the the 3rd - the 9th only operated from Brest.



Monsun Gruppe

- The starting boat for this campaign should be the type VII C, not the VII C/41. The first VII C/41, U-292, was only assigned to a combat flotilla in May 1944, while this campaign starts in March 1943.
- This campaign's flotilla should probably be the 12th, which was the only flotilla to send type VII u-boats to Penang.
- - While the 12th was based in Bordeaux, I don't think it's absolutely necessary to make that a new starting base. The 1st patrol can easily be explained as a transfer patrol between the 3rd Flotilla (La Pallice) and the 12th (Penang).

The Final Years

- I've seen Go-229s flying over Wilhelmshaven. In reality this aircraft never saw operational use, only ever existing as a prototype.
- We shouldn't be given orders to patrol the North Atlantic. At the time of the campaign, type VIIs were focusing on the arctic, English channel, and British coast. Starving Britain was no longer an option, all they could do was deprive the invasion forces of supplies.
- I haven't been able to find anything about u-boats sailing from Wilhelmshaven (at least not VII C/41s). I think it would make more sense to have the boat start at Kiel, then be transferred to Bergen during the 1st patrol. See the patrol history of U-1004: https://uboat.net/boats/patrols/u1004.html
- On the topic of bases and flotillas, the flotilla for the campaign should be the 11th. The 9th only ever operated from Brest, and was disbanded in September 1944, soon after the campaign begins. The 11th was active right up until the end of the war.

Hope you find this useful, and I'm happy to help if you want
__________________
Historical TWoS Gameplay Guide: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...20#post2572620
My Mods
Silent Hunter 4
- Japanese Career: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4554
Silent Hunter 5
- Historical Torpedo Ranges and Speeds: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5399

- Shorter External Transfer Cooldown: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5400

Last edited by Cybermat47; 11-17-2018 at 05:40 AM.
Cybermat47 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 08:03 AM   #11273
vdr1981
Silent Hunter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Србија
Posts: 4,975
Downloads: 526
Uploads: 13


Default

Interesting facts and propositions indeed Cybermat, thank you. But they will have to wait untill I return home. Then, we can discuss them in more details...

Also , please confirm that you've read my twos version compatibility note.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:40 PM   #11274
Muckenberg
Helmsman
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 109
Downloads: 390
Uploads: 0
Default

Hi
I have assumed that "Free Poles, France, etc." are units that continue to fight allies despite the occupation of their countries. It is obvious that I was wrong and have a different meaning. I have to admit that although they play SH5 from 2015, I still find new things for me.
Muckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 02:08 PM   #11275
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel
 
excel4004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 298
Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0
Icon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I'm glad you like the new update guys.
I won't be able to do any modding for the next two weeks or so and my forum activity will be limited to my phone only but I'll try to leave few posts here and there anyway.
I'll monitor other posts as much as I can of course
so feel free to report any problems with current version which I could try to address in the next update.
The latest updates were all valuable to each other and have made the simulation wonderfully evolved.


This update is really great, so in the past the crew system was still a weak point in SH5. The new changes made by you Vecko are well considered and fit for me to 100%!

What should be the "tune" of the torpedoes in the past, in my opinion a very unrealistic nonsense! The current setting options, with the maintenance options are much more realistic and it just looks good.
I could deliver a lot more examples, in short, I'm excited about the new crewsystem!

All this optimizes the simulation in such a wonderful way that a submarine enthusiast wishes.

Oh, I'm so excited, I got my promotions points in "the New Campaign" and I'm now standing again, East of England during the Happy Times.



Thanks again "BDU" Vecko.

__________________
U-96
March 1942 - March 1943 * Oblt.z.S. Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

excel4004 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 02:16 PM   #11276
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel
 
excel4004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 298
Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0
wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
Vecko, just some things to note about the last few campaigns:

Turning Point

- It would be good to have an optional mod that allows us to start this campaign with a VII C, rather than a U-flak. U-flaks were limited to escort and aircraft trap operations in the Bay of Biscay, meaning that they missed out on the climactic convoy battles that are the focus of this campaign. The standard VII C, on the other hand, was the workhorse of these battles.
- All of the U-flaks were VII Cs, converted to U-flaks in France, so it would make more sense for a U-flak campaign to start at a French base, rather than having to transfer there from Kiel.
- - On that note, I think that the front flak gun on the U-flak should be changed to a quad 20mm by default - see the image below.
- As the French base in this campaign is La Pallice, it would make more sense for the flotilla to the the 3rd - the 9th only operated from Brest.



Monsun Gruppe

- The starting boat for this campaign should be the type VII C, not the VII C/41. The first VII C/41, U-292, was only assigned to a combat flotilla in May 1944, while this campaign starts in March 1943.
- This campaign's flotilla should probably be the 12th, which was the only flotilla to send type VII u-boats to Penang.
- - While the 12th was based in Bordeaux, I don't think it's absolutely necessary to make that a new starting base. The 1st patrol can easily be explained as a transfer patrol between the 3rd Flotilla (La Pallice) and the 12th (Penang).

The Final Years

- I've seen Go-229s flying over Wilhelmshaven. In reality this aircraft never saw operational use, only ever existing as a prototype.
- We shouldn't be given orders to patrol the North Atlantic. At the time of the campaign, type VIIs were focusing on the arctic, English channel, and British coast. Starving Britain was no longer an option, all they could do was deprive the invasion forces of supplies.
- I haven't been able to find anything about u-boats sailing from Wilhelmshaven (at least not VII C/41s). I think it would make more sense to have the boat start at Kiel, then be transferred to Bergen during the 1st patrol. See the patrol history of U-1004: https://uboat.net/boats/patrols/u1004.html
- On the topic of bases and flotillas, the flotilla for the campaign should be the 11th. The 9th only ever operated from Brest, and was disbanded in September 1944, soon after the campaign begins. The 11th was active right up until the end of the war.

Hope you find this useful, and I'm happy to help if you want

WOW Cybermat47, very well researched , hope Vecko can change one or the other in the game through it.


__________________
U-96
March 1942 - March 1943 * Oblt.z.S. Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

excel4004 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #11277
Lestart44
Watch
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wejherowo Neustadt in Westpreußen
Posts: 24
Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0
Default question

hey everybody i star the next patrol after updating to 2.29 ( thanks again for a super update and great work Vecko . now when i'm at the team overview and i want to click on the picture of my sound guy the game crashes . do You have any ideas what can i do because i want to update and
award the guy
Lestart44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:41 AM   #11278
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast
 
Cybermat47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,128
Downloads: 199
Uploads: 15


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Also , please confirm that you've read my twos version compatibility note.
Yep, the description has been updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestart44 View Post
hey everybody i star the next patrol after updating to 2.29 ( thanks again for a super update and great work Vecko . now when i'm at the team overview and i want to click on the picture of my sound guy the game crashes . do You have any ideas what can i do because i want to update and
award the guy
Have you started a new career?
__________________
Historical TWoS Gameplay Guide: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...20#post2572620
My Mods
Silent Hunter 4
- Japanese Career: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4554
Silent Hunter 5
- Historical Torpedo Ranges and Speeds: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5399

- Shorter External Transfer Cooldown: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5400
Cybermat47 is online   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2018 Subsim