SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-18-13, 01:23 PM   #2461
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipersHunter View Post
Oh i dont meaned the started a new carrer i meaned the removed SH5 Longer repair times,sorry
Because it was written somewhere in the last day or two, this thread? or Reworked submarine damage? that Longer repair times is now included in Reworked submarine damage v 5.4.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-13, 01:24 PM   #2462
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Sober, check this out...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=582
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-13, 02:55 PM   #2463
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Is this maybe the reason why the single mission In spite of everything always ctd ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-13, 03:18 PM   #2464
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Is this maybe the reason why the single mission In spite of everything always ctd ?
It must be! Try with this one...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...9&postcount=40
Old 10-18-13, 04:25 PM   #2465
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

I was able to play In spite of everything without CTD with the Bullet_spark_test mod installed . RSD is awesome BTW .
Old 10-18-13, 04:30 PM   #2466
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I was able to play In spite of everything without CTD with the Bullet_spark_test mod installed . RSD is awesome BTW .
You should include Bullet_spark_test mod in your modlist as we speak! Long live Rongel!
Old 10-18-13, 04:34 PM   #2467
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Long live Rongel!
yep, long life
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-13, 05:24 PM   #2468
Hotjoe
Loader

Downloads: 193
Uploads: 0

I'm getting CTD's too now. Namely when ive hit the man Deck Gun hotkey and when ive hit the dive to periscope depth button.

Also, not sure which mod would be causing this but, the sun begins to show its light on the horizon at around 4 am and I can see to the horizon pretty well as if it was dawn (around 6-7 am) Definitely shouldnt be the case in summer much less September.

I have nearly all sobers mod list installed minus a few minor ones.
Hotjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-13, 05:55 PM   #2469
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotjoe View Post
I'm getting CTD's too now. Namely when ive hit the man Deck Gun hotkey and when ive hit the dive to periscope depth button.
Something might have messed up your command scripts

Quote:
Also, not sure which mod would be causing this but, the sun begins to show its light on the horizon at around 4 am and I can see to the horizon pretty well as if it was dawn (around 6-7 am) Definitely shouldnt be the case in summer much less September.
It depends, if your patrol area is near the polar circle, this might be perfectly normal.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-13, 06:18 PM   #2470
Hotjoe
Loader

Downloads: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Something might have messed up your command scripts
That thing was me. I messed up the command scripts

How should I go about fixing it? Dont tell me I have to re install the game and re enable to mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
It depends, if your patrol area is near the polar circle, this might be perfectly normal.
Well, im in the Baltic, so maybe. But thats not too far North 4 am still seems a little early for daylight. Idk never been there
Hotjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-13, 06:45 PM   #2471
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

sobers 1000 19102013
added Bullet_spark_test

Start a new career
Old 10-18-13, 06:48 PM   #2472
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
You should include Bullet_spark_test mod in your modlist as we speak! Long live Rongel!
Done .
Old 10-18-13, 07:56 PM   #2473
Bathrone
Ensign

Downloads: 82

Gday Sober. Thanks for keeping all this up to date. I'm working on supporting documentation and I have two questions with mod enabler warnings please.

1. With the sky mechanics mod to remove the ugly banding (this is a great mod by you), the sky pixel shader file was already modified by Dynamic Environment. Is yours compatible with it? Did you base your changes on Dynamic Environment version 2.9? If not, what might a user be missing out on by overwriting the file?

2. I assume with your best ever fog mod that its safe to overwrite the fog distance file from Dynamic Environment because your mod is overwriting the Dynamic Environment fog distances to enhance the fog realism?

Many thanks
Bathrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-13, 08:53 PM   #2474
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathrone View Post
Gday Sober. Thanks for keeping all this up to date. I'm working on supporting documentation and I have two questions with mod enabler warnings please.

1. With the sky mechanics mod to remove the ugly banding (this is a great mod by you), the sky pixel shader file was already modified by Dynamic Environment. Is yours compatible with it? Did you base your changes on Dynamic Environment version 2.9? If not, what might a user be missing out on by overwriting the file?

2. I assume with your best ever fog mod that its safe to overwrite the fog distance file from Dynamic Environment because your mod is overwriting the Dynamic Environment fog distances to enhance the fog realism?

Many thanks
I left the sky banding fix in so that if people want a different environment mod then the sky banding mod is there . Same with the fog mod . Take it out or leave it in .
Old 10-19-13, 02:44 AM   #2475
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70

Quote:
That thing was me. I messed up the command scripts

How should I go about fixing it? Dont tell me I have to re install the game and re enable to mods
They come with NewUI's afaik .. just disable that, or all mods of you use a mep, replace the scripts, re-enable, continue playing.

Quote:
Well, im in the Baltic, so maybe. But thats not too far North 4 am still seems a little early for daylight. Idk never been there
At sea there are no hills and other landscape features to block the first light coming over the horizon. It get's light early at sea. Also, there are different deffinitions of dawn, dependiong on where you apply them. In general conversation, we mean 'civil dawn' as defined here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn it's not supposed to be daylight either .. if it is, you should use the darker nights mod I think :p
plj is offline   Reply With Quote