Closed Thread

Old 12-17-20, 11:29 PM   #11806
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Not better and certainly a poor reflection of human character. We are collectively dumb enough to self destruct from boredom?
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2020/12/12 Does that answer your question?
Old 12-17-20, 11:52 PM   #11807
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Not better and certainly a poor reflection of human character. We are collectively dumb enough to self destruct from boredom?

It's a lot deeper than mere boredom, I'm thinking more like a half million years of evolution. Human beings have always had a problem with confinement, not to mention uncertainty and insecurity. Some people just can't stand too much of that kind of thing and everyone, except the most introverted, are more stressed over it. Some, perhaps already not that far from the edge are pushed over the edge, others just wither away mentally and physically. But whatever those casualties are real victims and just as real as those who actually get sick or die from the disease.

We are paying a price for lock downs and since we're doing them on a level never even attempted before nobody has any idea what their eventual cost will truly be. One early casualty though is the concept of inalienable rights. Nothing that can be taken away by unilateral decree is inalienable or a right.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 12-18-20, 12:14 AM   #11808
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
We are collectively dumb enough to self destruct from boredom?
Depression, PTSD, and other conditions leading to suicide can easily be exacerbated by social isolation, so there’s nothing dumb about the fact that lockdown has resulted in increased suicide rates. I’ve attempted suicide multiple times this year, in fact.

As for child and domestic abuse that leads to murder, the victims and the perpetrators are now in close proximity a lot more than they were before, so increased rates of abuse and murder make complete sense, sadly.

Just because quarantine is the best option until a vaccine is ready for mass deployment doesn’t mean that there aren’t serious problems with it.
Old 12-18-20, 01:16 AM   #11809
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

@Cybermat47...

I don’t agree with the herd infection, just saying I understand why governments would attempt them. When met with a Pandemic that is so complex as COVID is, you have to take everything into account.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
Old 12-18-20, 02:09 AM   #11810
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Yeah because dragged out lock downs driving up the suicide rate, the murder rate, the child abuse rate, the domestic violence rate and more are so much better.
August, sometimes I think it would be good for you to open your eyes. Look at science. Look how other countries do it (no, I do not think of mine), especially in Asia.

And btw. We do not talk only about deaths of Convid-19...do you have a clue how many people, who survive Covid, even younger and athletic ones, are chronically ill ? Who cannot do a walk of 1 mile anymore, have no energy left for their job and nobody knows when or if they recover at all ?

As Skybird has pointed out...every day there is 9/11 in your country. Trump had the opportunity to try to unify the country and lead....dropping the death rate at least by 25%....and this is a conservative estimate.
Old 12-18-20, 05:27 AM   #11811
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63

Quote:
President should use army to ‘rerun’ election, says Flynn as Pence vows to ‘keep fighting’

General Michal Flynn has urged President Donald Trump to use the military to force an election "rerun."
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...out&li=BBoPWjQ
This is now going from the sublime to the ridiculous.

What next, a second civil war?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 12-18-20, 06:15 AM   #11812
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Seems the distribution of the vaccine is a bit 'difficult', while Trump and his supporters blame Pfizer the company has told that their is no problem on their side.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...-week-74791269

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 12-18-20, 07:11 AM   #11813
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
This is now going from the sublime to the ridiculous.

What next, a second civil war?
Reversing the outcome of the civil war. The South lives!
Disclaimer: I am unable to exactly tell you to what amounts I am serious or make a joke only.
Old 12-18-20, 07:24 PM   #11814
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
And btw. We do not talk only about deaths of Convid-19...do you have a clue how many people, who survive Covid, even younger and athletic ones, are chronically ill ? Who cannot do a walk of 1 mile anymore, have no energy left for their job and nobody knows when or if they recover at all ?

Do you know? It can't be a very high percentage of the total cases.

And don't speak to me about other countries, especially Asian ones like Red China. If anyone actually thinks that their published covid figures have any basis in reality then they are the ones who really need to open their eyes.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 12-19-20, 01:45 AM   #11815
bstanko6
Admiral

Some of you were talking about a second Civil War.

All I can say is this… In all the years here in the United States I’ve been through elections, I have never seen one where there were so many questionable behavior amongst the states during ballot counts.

I don’t know if there was cheating or fraud, but I do know a lot of people are mad here.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a major event or incident would occur over this. The country is damn near split down the middle.

DISCORD
Old 12-19-20, 01:52 AM   #11816
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
And don't speak to me about other countries, especially Asian ones like Red China. If anyone actually thinks that their published covid figures have any basis in reality then they are the ones who really need to open their eyes.
I understand not trusting the PRC, but what’s wrong with the figures of other countries? And why would Taiwan be less trustworthy than, say, Australia?
Old 12-19-20, 06:15 AM   #11817
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
[...]
All I can say is this… In all the years here in the United States I’ve been through elections, I have never seen one where there were so many questionable behavior amongst the states during ballot counts. [...]
What is this "questionable behaviour" exactly?
The incumbent Potus is egoistic and dumb enough rather risking a civil war than accepting he just LOST. What a SORE LOSER!
So Trump tweets "I have won" and his followers believe him, against all evidence, checked and double checked, and before courts.
What angry fanatics and haters make of it makes the rest of the world really doubt Trump's sanity and that of his followers.
Trump lost, end of story. If Americans do not accept an outcome that does not please them this democracy is worth nothing.
Quote:
[...] I do know a lot of people are mad here.
If i take this literally i agree. Not much different from the UK. Or from here.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 12-19-20, 06:28 AM   #11818
bstanko6
Admiral

Catfish...

Good leaders can be egotistical.

Trump may be disliked, but He has done good! Economically speaking we are in a good spot here.

I can’t speak for all but I think he has been a great president.

DISCORD
Old 12-19-20, 07:14 AM   #11819
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
The incumbent Potus is egoistic and dumb enough rather risking a civil war than accepting he just LOST. What a SORE LOSER!
So Trump tweets "I have won" and his followers believe him, against all evidence, checked and double checked, and before courts.
What angry fanatics and haters make of it makes the rest of the world really doubt Trump's sanity and that of his followers.
Trump lost, end of story. If Americans do not accept an outcome that does not please them this democracy is worth nothing.
It is not hard to see a obvious double standard here. When Republicans cast doubt on fair election they are 'fanatics' and 'sore losers', When Democrats do it they are the righteous 'resistance'.

Almost every available weapon was used against Trump to end his Presidency. A special council investigation, an impeachment attempt, and a never ending assault by the legacy media, big tech and Hollywood blowhards.

Don't get me wrong. I am not defending Trump or his disputing of the 2020 election. But wow some people have a decidedly myopic view of what went on in the last four years. To this day Hillary Clinton thinks the Trump Presidency is illegitimate. Isn't that a sore loser?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 12-19-20, 07:30 AM   #11820
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
Trump may be disliked, but He has done good!
Hm. No. Even if the corona effects on economy are unconsidered: The trade deficit has increased remarkably, the national debt is a nightmare and the only ones to profit is the wealthiest 15%. If you take a look at the big picture Trump followed the same neocon ideology Reagan applied. And he got the same ugly results. The only difference in Trump's approach were the protectionist trading practices and for good reason: One can hardly neglect the USA have a very hard time competing with the Chinese these days.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter