SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-15-14, 09:12 PM   #11116
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Oh yes...I have two questions regarding Stadimetar as Sextant patches.

Is it possible to have wider field of view with sextant because right now it's not possible to measure elevation of celestial bodies higher then something like 19 degrees?

Is it possible top have mirrored view (like with stadimetar) while we use sextant?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 09:16 PM   #11117
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Oh yes...I have two questions regarding Stadimetar as Sextant patches.

Is it possible to have wider field of view with sextant because right now it's not possible to measure elevation of celestial bodies higher then something like 19 degrees?

Is it possible top have mirrored view (like with stadimetar) while we use sextant?
Have you tried setting camera up high before using the stadimeter (Sextant)?

I don't understand the mirrored view question

Patch has been revised. No more CTD's when exiting to main menu with manual diveplane control enabled then choosing another mission or save game Now I did notice duplicate messagebox entries when you click on new diveplane setting. Looking into that now...
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 09:25 PM   #11118
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
@gap - here's what dials2 looks like in game:

Still needs work
And this is an alpha channel cutout of the very same file (in png format):

In comparison, the gauge in your screenshot looks smaller, blurred, and has a red border whose cause I ignore.

Are you sure that in Menu Editor you have set the same rendering size as the source graphics? Should be a 256 x 256 square for each dial/needle.
Other than this, I can only think of a corrupt download. Try redownloading the file: I did it and, as you can see from the image above, everything looks regular.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 09:59 PM   #11119
gap
Navy Seal

@ TDW

Please redownload the dial graphics from the link below:
https://www.mediafire.com/?o7br1vc4shbo16c

By mistake, I had mirrored the lighting effect of the aft needle, and both needles were off-center. They are now centered respectively on the bottom left and bottom right quarters (256 x 256 squares, as before).
Old 03-15-14, 10:25 PM   #11120
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
By mistake, I had mirrored the lighting effect of the aft needle, and both needles were off-center. They are now centered respectively on the bottom left and bottom right quarters (256 x 256 squares, as before).
I made the dials about 25% bigger:

Lookin good I also added your revised icons
Old 03-15-14, 10:31 PM   #11121
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I made the dials about 25% bigger:

Lookin good I also added your revised icons
Excellent

...but the needles are still a bit off-center, esp. the right one: needles' holes should be aligned with the screw at dials' center
Old 03-15-14, 11:28 PM   #11122
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v7.5.0 test version 16 available here: https://www.mediafire.com/?s2hphgfb4cfh92e

v7.5.0 - fixed bug in TDWMouse.dll that could cause python exception to be thrown
- redid destroyed marks
- made the whole left side of the NavMap features window draggable so that those users whose screen resolution is small can still view the whole window by dragging it up/down
- added a new order to the engineer's orders: electrics only. When this is clicked and enabled then propulsion will be limited to electric propulsion only (requires patch from Generic Patcher enabled for this)
- removed old sextant. Added a new sextant to the game. The sextant is used by calling up the Sextant window from the Navigator's order bar. This requires the Stadimeter being used as sextant patch to be enabled in the Generic Patcher. To use the sextant: call up Sextant window, place the scope reference line on the horizon, press the Enable sextant button in the Sextant window, press the Stadimeter button (little button above the TDC range dial), place green reference line on object wanting angle of, read out angle in the sextant window
- added two additional add-on mods: NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_Eye_Reflection and NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_No_Eye_Reflectio n. These can be used to set a mask for the Sextant (by default the sextant has no mask - just open display)
- added a new user option that controls the starting and minimum width of the messagebox. Minimum width is 180.0. Default is 315.0 (stock size). (MessageBoxMinimumWidth)
- revised Automation so that it dynamically 'loads' the commands for the script when script is played. When script is stopped the commands are 'unloaded' to free memory. This dramatically reduces the memory used with all the scripts loaded in.
- when Disable sextant is clicked in the sextant window it will also disable the sextant window now
- fixed bug of being able to close sextant window while sextant was active (if this happened then there was no way to deactivate sextant!)
- fixed bug of button for using sextant disappearing after using the sextant
- added a new icon to the engineer order category: diveplanes
- added a new orders bar: diveplanes. This has the orders for controlling the diveplanes (if the manual diveplanes patch is enabled of my Generic Patcher)
- fixed problem of depth bar not rendering if the add-on mod NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights was enabled
- fixed bug of after using Sextant none of the order bars would be visible and camera zoom was 'zoomed'
- fixed bug of tutorials always showing corrupt in the main menu

I also updated all the applications in \data\Applications and added two new ones

As always let me know of any problems. If no problems are reported I'll finally make this a releasable version (after finalizing the diveplane dials)

NOTE: in order to have manual control of the diveplanes you need at least v1.0.157.0 of my Generic Patcher enabled

Using v1.0.157.0 of my Generic Patcher you should have no problems leaving manual control of diveplanes enabled when exiting to main menu, loading a save game, returning to bunker, etc. I also had the mod force automatic diveplane control on start game, end game, and game state switched just to be ultra safe

Diveplane dials are finalized with gaps 3rd version of the diveplane dials. The diveplane icons were also changed to gap's new style.

Fore diveplanes have a range of -35 to +25
Aft diveplanes have a range of -30 to +30

What I'm unsure of is do the angle of the diveplanes match the numbers? i.e. - if fore diveplane is positioned so that if the sub is moving forward it will force the nose down is that + or - value? Same with aft diveplane.
Old 03-16-14, 04:27 AM   #11123
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

Well spotted , yes is a bit off-centre

Quote:
Excellent

...but the needles are still a bit off-center, esp. the right one: needles' holes should be aligned with the screw at dials' center
Old 03-16-14, 06:46 AM   #11124
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

Quote:
What I'm unsure of is do the angle of the diveplanes match the numbers? i.e. - if fore diveplane is positioned so that if the sub is moving forward it will force the nose down is that + or - value? Same with aft diveplane.
I´m not sure if I understand your question...
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 07:40 AM   #11125
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
v7.5.0 test version 16 available here: https://www.mediafire.com/?s2hphgfb4cfh92e

Quote:
Diveplane dials are finalized with gaps 3rd version of the diveplane dials. The diveplane icons were also changed to gap's new style.

Fore diveplanes have a range of -35 to +25
Aft diveplanes have a range of -30 to +30
We now must update 3d gauge graphics and settings to reflect the new deflection range of fore diveplanes, and release the update together with your patcher. Which other popular mods affect Room_CR.sim? IIRC there are at least a couple of mods dealing with gauge fixes that our patch should be made compatible with

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
I´m not sure if I understand your question...
I think I know what TDW means.

You should see the "wide end" of each needle (the one pointing to te right in neutral position) as if it was boat's stern. When both ends are pointing up, i.e. negative fore deflection and positive after deflection, boat's bow will point down and the stern will point up (diving position). Conversely, setting both ends to point down, will make the boat to surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post

I am sure TDW fixed that before release
Old 03-16-14, 08:36 AM   #11126
markdenny
Sparky

Downloads: 216

Sorry for my stupidity ive downloaded the dials but where do I now place them ?
markdenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 10:28 AM   #11127
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
Quote:
I am sure TDW fixed that before release
My fault: the last dds file I uploaded yesterday had the needles (still) off-centre; just checked it.

Fixed version of the file:
https://www.mediafire.com/?bsasjn026gdevc4

Sorry for the disturbance guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdenny View Post
Sorry for my stupidity ive downloaded the dials but where do I now place them ?
Do you mean the ones I uploaded? You don't need for them: those were for TDW, and are already included into New UI's v7.5.0 test version 16.
Old 03-16-14, 01:22 PM   #11128
shunter101
Swabbie

Downloads: 118
Default Dive planes work good....some thoughts

Hello:

Great work, the dive planes work great!! I was able to go between 10m and 150 m with no problems (up and down, up and down). This only happens when I hit the crash dive button, then I can use the dive planes to move the sub up etc.

Is there anyway to manually control the amount of water entering and exiting the ballasts? I think we will need this control to really use the dive planes. In the example above, I cannot surface the boat with the dive planes alone, I need to hit the surface button. Likewise, I cannot submerge the sub with the dive planes alone. Is there any documentation for the dive planes?

At periscope depth, something unusual happens. No matter the speed or angle of the dive planes, I cannot go below 20m. See attached file.

Best
Shunter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SH5Img@2014-03-16_11.46.27sm2.jpg (67.5 KB, 48 views)
shunter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 01:31 PM   #11129
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunter101 View Post
Hello:

Great work, the dive planes work great!! I was able to go between 10m and 150 m with no problems (up and down, up and down). This only happens when I hit the crash dive button, then I can use the dive planes to move the sub up etc.

Is there anyway to manually control the amount of water entering and exiting the ballasts? I think we will need this control to really use the dive planes. In the example above, I cannot surface the boat with the dive planes alone, I need to hit the surface button. Likewise, I cannot submerge the sub with the dive planes alone. Is there any documentation for the dive planes?

At periscope depth, something unusual happens. No matter the speed or angle of the dive planes, I cannot go below 20m. See attached file.

Best
Shunter
for diving u must also contro the balast tank to flood them with water ... only with dive planes u can't dive....same for when u wanna surface the boat u must pomp out the water from the balast tank with compressed air .... there are some nice videos
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 04:37 PM   #11130
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunter101 View Post
Hello:

Best
Shunter
Making dive planes usable is one thing but physics of flotation is completely different story...SH was never intended to be underwater FSX and this is precisely the main reason for strange underwater behavior of the submarine even with manual dive planes control.
If we find the way to manually control weight of the submarine (read ballast tanks ) then we might finally have a true submarine simulation and "fly" the boat under the water using TDW's dive planes while struggling to maintain neutral buoyancy manually... A dream...
Knowing TDW's Kung Fu, nothing is impossible...

Last edited by vdr1981; 03-16-14 at 04:54 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui