SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-24-14, 11:31 PM   #2896
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Each of them will feature:
  • collision model/spheres and damage box(es), in case TDW manages making land units to be attacked by the AI; @ TDW: should I use the radio zone already in use with ships, if we want the unit to report enemies?
Figured out how to get AI units to attack land units
Yes, use the same radio zone and antenna zones.
I will make a patch for this tomorrow
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 06:42 AM   #2897
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
[/LIST]Figured out how to get AI units to attack land units
TY very much for your work TDW!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 07:03 AM   #2898
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Figured out how to get AI units to attack land units
Awesome news, thank you TDW!

Quote:
Stay tuned for updates on my pillbox bunker.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 09:42 AM   #2899
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Awesome news, thank you TDW!

Stay tuned for updates on my pillbox bunker.
Just wrote the patch for it and tested it...Had a fighter do a cannon strafe on a coastal defense
Old 02-25-14, 10:09 AM   #2900
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
TY very much for your work TDW!
Old 02-25-14, 10:19 AM   #2901
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

This is mainly for gap so he can test his new creation to see if it can be destroyed or not but others are free to use it also.

https://www.mediafire.com/?3wqfxhw3rhltevh

It's a new patch file for SHSim.act. You'll need to place in the ..\Patches\SH5 folder of the Generic Patcher. Disable ALL patches for SHSim.act before using this new file. You HAVE to have the coastal defenses and air-to-air combat patches enabled for units to be able to attack land units.
Old 02-25-14, 11:16 AM   #2902
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
This is mainly for gap so he can test his new creation to see if it can be destroyed or not
Yay! Will test as soon as possible. If it works, I will set OH's barrage balloons as coastal defenses, so that they can be attacked and collided by enemy aircraft (hoping that aircraft will try to avoid them).
They will be reported by the watchcrew as "coastal defenses in sight" though, but I don't see it to be a problem.
Old 02-25-14, 11:18 AM   #2903
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
yep, your right. I merged the new zone definitions from RSD into OH's zones.cfg mostly for avoiding ctd's when both mods are enabled with OHII on top of R.S.D. Nonetheless, I didn't update the settings of stock zones modified by you, which are needed for keeping full R.S.D functionalities.

On a side note OH 2.3 and later got only three new zone definitions, originally conceived for usage on the barrage balloon, but actually discarded for the final release. Therefore, until when I manage to model balloon's damage, the following mod order would also be correct:

FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
FXU_0_0_22_Ship zon Files
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.4
R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage v5.5 by vdr1981 (without compatibility patch)
I see, but could this mod order with RSD/OHII compatible zone.cfg file bring us any unwonted effects or it is irrelevant?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 12:41 PM   #2904
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I see, but could this mod order with RSD/OHII compatible zone.cfg file bring us any unwonted effects or it is irrelevant?
If, as it should, RSD/OHII compatible zone.cfg only brings the three new barrage balloon zones I have mentioned yesterday (plus the no-ctd reduced radio zones effects) into R.S.D's zone.cfg, using it or not is absolutely irrelevant, as those zones are currently unused. But it could be needed again if, as I hope, the barrage balloon will be collisionable/damageble again in the next OH version.
Old 02-26-14, 11:09 PM   #2905
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I've got the coastal defenses working as sub loops (or whatever you call those things) when they have a hydrophone attached to them

Mine (coastal defense) currently has the visual sensor and a hydrophone sensor. With my new upcoming patch for the coastal defenses they are able to detect submerged subs (or surfaced subs in bad weather - i.e. fog) if they (subs) are within the parameters specified in the hydrophone sensor By letting the hydrophone sensor dictate the detection parameters it gives great flexibility in setting up the coastal defenses as sub loops or whatever you call those things. I did give the signal strength a boost with my new code so that majority of the time submerged subs will be detected. Notice I said majority of the time - that means there is a chance, albeit a small one, that a submerged sub would be able to slip by one of these.

I had my coastal defense setup on a mountain overlooking a bay. It was about 1000m from the bay located on the right side of the bay. I had the hydrophone sensor setup for min range of 0m, max range of 4000m (covered the width of the bay it was guarding), min altitude -500, max altitude of 1000, and I defined the bearing range as -260 to -280. Min and max elevation were the default values.
Old 02-27-14, 12:27 AM   #2906
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Here is the SHSim patch file with the coastal defenses acting like indicator loops patch: https://www.mediafire.com/?j4y0rnsf7yqr26b

This will allow you all to test the patch out and give me some feedback on it.

Unzip to desktop. Place folders inside in your Generic Patcher folder. Ensure to read the Notes= of the new patch!
Old 02-27-14, 12:39 AM   #2907
RushTheBus
Engineer

Downloads: 211

Wow, talk about cool! Hopefully the open horizons guys or anyone else working on campaigns includes this...could get a bit tricky
RushTheBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 05:55 AM   #2908
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Hi TDW

That's Russian manual for the latest version of the Patcher - http://rghost.ru/52698420

Thank you include it in the archive..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 05:03 PM   #2909
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
I've got the coastal defenses working as sub loops (or whatever you call those things) when they have a hydrophone attached to them

Mine (coastal defense) currently has the visual sensor and a hydrophone sensor. With my new upcoming patch for the coastal defenses they are able to detect submerged subs (or surfaced subs in bad weather - i.e. fog) if they (subs) are within the parameters specified in the hydrophone sensor By letting the hydrophone sensor dictate the detection parameters it gives great flexibility in setting up the coastal defenses as sub loops or whatever you call those things. I did give the signal strength a boost with my new code so that majority of the time submerged subs will be detected. Notice I said majority of the time - that means there is a chance, albeit a small one, that a submerged sub would be able to slip by one of these.

I had my coastal defense setup on a mountain overlooking a bay. It was about 1000m from the bay located on the right side of the bay. I had the hydrophone sensor setup for min range of 0m, max range of 4000m (covered the width of the bay it was guarding), min altitude -500, max altitude of 1000, and I defined the bearing range as -260 to -280. Min and max elevation were the default values.
After reading the indicator loops pages again I think the technology wasn't that great and so many variables . Maybe a chance of being detected more like 50% would be better or a variable chance 10%-90% . Ask gap , he would be more clued up on what the game needs .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 02-27-14 at 06:05 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-14, 01:55 PM   #2910
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:

That's perfect

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
After reading the indicator loops pages again I think the technology wasn't that great and so many variables . Maybe a chance of being detected more like 50% would be better or a variable chance 10%-90% . Ask gap , he would be more clued up on what the game needs .
A couple of days ago I had a look myself into the loops web page. Found the following:

- the loops could detect both submerged and surfaced vessels (maybe extend your patch to detect ships as well, useful for when visual sensors are not viable);

- in accordance with TDW's decision of giving the loop unit dual sensors, loop stations were always associated with observation outposts, for making sure that the unit detected wasn't a friendly one (friendly subs always entered harbors surfaced). But what would they have done at night and on foggy weather?

- could you make detection chance dependant on veterancy level of the loop unit? This could be a good compromise between the detection percent you have currently coded, and the much lower probability suggested by sober.