SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [TEC] Read Before Install any mods or patch with TDW's Generic patcher (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=225274)

Sjizzle 03-21-16 03:28 AM

Read Before Install any mods or patch with TDW's Generic patcher

Before install any mods or patch the game with TDW'S Generic Patcher do a clean fresh SH5 install.

• Before uninstall SH5 make a backup to the MODS folder which one is located in the main SH5 Folder.
  • uninstalled SH5 and also Delete the old folder where SH5 was installed and also the folder located "C:\Users\UserProfile\Documents\SH5"
  • Install again SH5 after the installation in complete go to "******\Silent Hunter 5\Support\" and run "gu.exe" to update the game to 1.2 if the update doesn't work u can always manually update the game to 1.2
  • patch 1.2 manual download CLICK
  • Start the game and wait to load the main menu and there u can see if it's patched to 1.2
  • After the game is patched to 1.2 make a backup of the following files from the SH5 main folder
    - sh5.exe,
    - EventCamera.act,
    - SH_NClient.dll,
    - SH_NProtocol.dll,
    - SHCollisions.act,
    - SHControllers.act,
    - SHSim.act,
    - SHSound.act,
    - SHZoneEditor.act
  • Now u can Start installing mod.
Which Mods should i install ?

if u are new to this game and u don't wanna mess up with tonnes of mods and mod incompatibility i suggest u to install TWOS mega mod.

Really important before enable any mods or a mega mod pls READ THE DOCUMENTATION of each mod or mega mod.

• The Wolves of Steel Mega mod Thread can be found here
if u wanna make your own mod list i suggest u to follow sober mod list or my Mod list which one is based on DrJones MagUI
  • Sober Mod list Thread can be found here
  • My Mod list thread can be found here
Patching the game With TDW's generic Patcher
  • How to patch the game with tdw's Generic Patcher thread can be found here
Other Useful Thread
  • SH5 TUTORIALS by THEBERBSTER here
  • SH5 Tonnage bar fix here
  • SH5 Mod Guide for Beginners by Trevally here
  • SH5 video Tutorials by Stoianm ( they are old videos but the targeting solution, find ship course / speed / location are the same ) here
How to report a problem

siege00 03-21-16 03:34 PM

Is this already in a sticky thread? If not, this should be stickied. Hopefully people would read it. ;)

excel4004 03-21-16 06:19 PM

Quote:

• After the game is patched to 1.2 make a backup of the following files from the SH5 main folder "sh5.exe, EventCamera.act, SH_NClient.dll,
    SH_NProtocol.dll, SHCollisions.act, SHControllers.act, SHSim.act, SHSound.act, SHZoneEditor.act"

Why? When do i need this files again?

Sjizzle 03-22-16 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2391480)
Why? When do i need this files again?

TDW's generic patcher overwrite this files when u patch the game ..... and if u mess up the game with the patcher u can restore it to default....

THEBERBSTER 03-22-16 04:09 AM

Hi Sjizzle
Added your link to my tutorials.
Peter

Sjizzle 03-22-16 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2391567)
Hi Sjizzle
Added your link to my tutorials.
Peter

thx Peter

GT182 03-28-16 04:27 PM

What mod do you leave out of TWOS if you don't want to use real navigation? If you can't leave out a mod, how do you make the change?

vdr1981 03-28-16 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT182 (Post 2393286)
What mod do you leave out of TWOS if you don't want to use real navigation? If you can't leave out a mod, how do you make the change?

Isn't this obvious when you take a look at install notes? :hmm2:

Quote:

Step 5:
Start JSGME.exe found in the main Silent Hunter 5 folder (it will ask you something about the "MODS" folder, just press "OK") and enable contained mods in this order...(JSGME may appear frozen while enabling the megamod, just let it finish it's job / Say 'Yes' to all JSGME warnings)
Code:

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. xx
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith (optional, but highly recommended)
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - *x* Resolution Patch (optional, stock settings are for 16:9 displays)

All about JSGME - Generic Mod Enabler

macjim 07-03-16 12:06 AM

"Before uninstall SH5 make a backup to the MODS folder which one is located in the main SH5 Folder."

I'm so confused.

1) Why would I want to (or need to) make a backup of my mods folder. Can I not just start fresh (delete everything) and pretend that I have never installed the game?

"After the game is patched to 1.2 make a backup of the following files from the SH5 main folder "sh5.exe, EventCamera.act, SH_NClient.dll,
SH_NProtocol.dll, SHCollisions.act, SHControllers.act, SHSim.act, SHSound.act, SHZoneEditor.act"

Why am I making backups of these files also?

THEBERBSTER 07-03-16 05:22 AM

Hi macjim
Quote:

1) Why would I want to (or need to) make a backup of my mods folder
When you re-install you can just copy and paste your mods back again saving you time.

Quote:

Why am I making backups of these files also?
Because those 9 files will be over written and lost.
By copying those files to a safe place if you have a problem they can be copied and pasted back.
Peter