SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-08-06, 08:15 AM   #1
Joe S
XO

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
Default Where to dock at base

I was a little dissappointed after my first two career patrols in which I was fairly successful, I did not get much of a reception at the dock (I went back into the U-boat bunker that I originally left from). After I got into the bunker I used the remote camera to browse around the base and found a reception committee at another location cheering etc for nobody. I assummed perhaps they were expecting Me (a little presumptuous of me perhaps), but if they were waiting for me how do I find them when I return to base? Thanks! Joe S
Joe S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 09:35 AM   #2
The Avon Lady
Über Mom

Downloads: 5

First of all, you will still get the DOCK AT BASE patrol end option if you're anywhere within about 30km from a base. So, unless you really want to play realistically down to the last meter, the game does not force you to actually dock.

Next, that reception commitee is already there when your patrol starts. Use external and your ears to listen out for the band and cheers and this reception is always by the dock where there's a Uboat on one side in drydock.

"Victory will come to us from the wombs of our women."
- Houari Boumedienne, President of Algeria, Speech before the UN, 1974
The Avon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 10:41 AM   #3
slow_n_ez
Officer

Downloads: 0
Default Re: Where to dock at base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe S
I assummed perhaps they were expecting Me (a little presumptuous of me perhaps), but if they were waiting for me how do I find them when I return to base? Thanks! Joe S

You are correct .. They are waiting for you ... If you want to complete the patrols fully , once you enter the bay look for the high cranes and steer that way ... if you see alot of activity on the dock with the band playing and such then thats where you dock at .... the purpose of the high cranes I think are for reloading your boat with fresh torpedos and getting your boat ready while you are in port . ....... I think it was in Kiel I left from a boat pen but when I returned I always docked at where the band was playing ... mostly to let my crew have a look at the nurses teasing them .
slow_n_ez is offline   Reply With Quote