Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-16-05, 11:56 AM   #1
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 7

Default einstien wrong ?

watching a t.v programme about nuclear physics and space and it shows many gamma ray bursts that are so powerful the einstiens E=MC2 is totaly wiped out.

the astrologers found and traced gamma rays with red shift and found an explosion so powerful its unimaginable. and does the impossible at first it breaks the E=MC2 law.

E=mc2 is a version of Einstein's Relativity equation. Specifically, it means that Energy is equal to Mass times the speed of light squared. it states that there is an equivalence between mass and energy. This simple statement has many profound implications... such as no object with mass can ever go faster than the speed of light

at first this is compleatly shatterd however it is in our own galaxy and what was traced back using red shift was shocking they found a black hole

during an explosion particles are thrown out in every direction and the scientists thought that the beam of gamma ray was just one part of this.
it turns out its not the case the black holes force is so emmence that it stops the out ward explosion and forms it into a small beam of force so enstiens theroy wasnt proved wrong

behind the black hole comes the star nurserys which just threw theroys out of the windows yet again in theroy no star should die in a star nusery

the formation of a super nova is where a star is expanding and becomes well big now the bigger doesnt mean better infact the biggest stars live for only a fraction of the time our own sun does.

when a super nova dies it collapses in on itself forming a black hole the hole sucks in everything it once was made of shooting out gamma rays.

so far weve seen back to 10 billion years and scientist are trying to find star nurserys from the dawn of time.

any one any theroys ?

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 12:34 PM   #2
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

It wouldn’t be the first time Einstein was wrong. In his latter years he mostly ignored the results of the work of the scientists who were splitting the atom. This is why his theories on the “Weak Force” don’t mesh together with modern theories on the “Strong Force”.

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 02:30 PM   #3
Iceman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Re: einstien wrong ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain
the astrologers found and traced gamma rays with red shift and found an explosion so powerful its unimaginable.
Did you mean Astronomers?....Astrologers look like this....

LMAO.... :rotfl:
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 02:43 PM   #4
Neutrino 123
A-ganger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
watching a t.v programme about nuclear physics and space and it shows many gamma ray bursts that are so powerful the einstiens E=MC2 is totaly wiped out.

the astrologers found and traced gamma rays with red shift and found an explosion so powerful its unimaginable. and does the impossible at first it breaks the E=MC2 law.
If it's 'astrologers', then I wouldn't pay attention to what they say at all. :rotfl: Edit: Damn! Someone beat me to it!

By the way, gamma rays are photons, so E=mc^2 doesn't apply to them. Photons do not have any mass, and E=mc^2 only gives the rest mass of a particle. If you want the energy of a moving particle, you need to use E=sqrt(m^2c^4+p^2c^2) where p is the relativistic momentum of a particle (for a photon this is h/wavelegnth where h is Plank's constant).

Quote:
E=mc2 is a version of Einstein's Relativity equation. Specifically, it means that Energy is equal to Mass times the speed of light squared. it states that there is an equivalence between mass and energy. This simple statement has many profound implications... such as no object with mass can ever go faster than the speed of light
Well, E=mc^2 is a result of relativity. Einstein's only starting points in special relativity were, 'The speed of light is the same for all observers' and 'the laws of physics are the same for all observers'.

Einstein definitely made some major mistakes, but relativity is not one of them. Relativity is certainly correct, and lots of people say its one of the two pillars of modern physics.

This looks like a good link if you are interested in special relativity:
http://www2.slac.stanford.edu/vvc/th...elativity.html
Old 09-16-05, 03:20 PM   #5
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

the E=MC2 bit you quoted is from NASA exact words

but yeah im more into nuclear physics at the moment i want to learn about nuclear reactors and weapons

no reason in particular *coff coff *

Old 09-16-05, 04:33 PM   #6
Wim Libaers
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino 123
Einstein definitely made some major mistakes, but relativity is not one of them. Relativity is certainly correct, and lots of people say its one of the two pillars of modern physics.
Well, you can't be certain that it is correct, the most you can say is that it is consistent with currently available data. Just like Newton's laws were, before some annoying observations appeared that required the relativity correction.

Besides, the other pillar is quantum mechanics, and that theory is in some ways inconsistent with relativity.
Wim Libaers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 05:04 PM   #7
Abraham
Eternal Patrol

Default einstien wrong ?

Quote:
the E=MC2 bit you quoted is from NASA exact words

but yeah im more into nuclear physics at the moment i want to learn about nuclear reactors and weapons

no reason in particular *coff coff *
You don´t happen to move to Iran shortly, you mean...

By the way, I love the title of this thread.
:rotfl:
Old 09-16-05, 05:45 PM   #8
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

lol thanks nah that was a quote of of the TV and the bloke who said it behind him was a big sign saying NASA

Old 09-16-05, 06:20 PM   #9
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Sciences means collecting sensory observation results by systematical effort, and then put the findings into an artifically created order of whatever a kind. This order is called a paradigm, and sometimes paradigms change, fundamentally. Whatever we believe we had found out about the universe, is not the ultimate, everlasting truth, but our mind dancing with the unlimited possebilities of it's own imagination. And that love affair is a truly eternal one.

This I have put in nice words, I think!

In a way I think, that everything that can be imagined, can become a reality, no matter if for good or for worse. As if it is all just a dream. And maybe it is.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." (Einstein, I think).
Old 09-16-05, 06:46 PM   #10
Neutrino 123
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim Libaers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino 123
Well, you can't be certain that it is correct, the most you can say is that it is consistent with currently available data. Just like Newton's laws were, before some annoying observations appeared that required the relativity correction.

Besides, the other pillar is quantum mechanics, and that theory is in some ways inconsistent with relativity.
It's inconsistant in very important ways. Technically, both theories are most definitely 'wrong', but they explain what they set out to very well. Thus, they are highly successful theories, just like Newtonian mechanics is. Even if a new Theory of Everything (what I hope to be starting work on next year) is found, Newtonian physics, quantum mechanics, and relativity will still continue to be used successfully to conduct various investigations.

It's not really necessary to collect new data to show the theories are wrong, and in fact, to do so would be quite difficult (though Hawking radiation would probably do the trick, I am not completely familiar with the experimental side of things). One can see these theories are wrong simply by thinking about very small things with very high gravitational forces, particularly the early universe and black holes. These make gravity come into play on small scales, and gravity is not a quantum-consistant theory, so neither theory can explain things very well.
Old 09-17-05, 02:29 AM   #11
Abraham
Eternal Patrol

Default einstien wrong ?

Quote:
lol thanks nah that was a quote of of the TV and the bloke who said it behind him was a big sign saying NASA
I thought it was a typing error from you...
Old 09-17-05, 07:29 AM   #12
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

E=MC2 is the law. It can't be wrong
Old 09-17-05, 07:30 AM   #13
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

just like drink driving is against the law but if you say it was an emergency or you feard for your life that one kinda gets you off the hook

Old 09-18-05, 12:02 AM   #14
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
In a way I think, that everything that can be imagined, can become a reality, no matter if for good or for worse. As if it is all just a dream. And maybe it is.
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-05, 12:46 AM   #15
Iceman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Ecclesiastes 1

[9] The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
[10] Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
[11] There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote