Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-13, 04:52 PM   #1
B4rberblacksheep
Nub

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default Das Boot. Best film ever?

In response to the article on the homepage I decided to go and take a look at Das Boot. Whenever I see it mentioned I've only ever heard great things about it so I decided to take the plunge and dive right in (sorry). I did watch the English Dub just because it was so late I really wasn't up for reading but one thing really surprised me. The dub feels perfect. When I saw it was dubbed I expected Clint Eastwood level of dubbing but whenever the characters spoke it felt as if they had spoken in English when filmed. It definitely helped with the immersion into the film and the little bubble that you're put into whilst watching.

I don't normally like a film where there are reasonably long segments where nothing is happening but whilst watching Das Boot I found I just didn't care. Granted there where long winded sections but I actually felt that was where the heart of the film lies. Not as I expected in the action but rather in the inaction. The sailors going about their day to day lives aboard a U-Boat added so much to the film that I actually cared when someone died (when I managed to recognise them) and actually felt genuinely nervous if they attempted to hide from a destroyer.

All in all I have to thank Subsim for pointing me at what has almost certainly become my favorite films of all time without a shadow of a doubt. I'd also definitely recommend anyone who hasn't watched it to go and watch it (Even though I probably was the only person on the forums who hadn't XD).

Well that's my two pennys worth, what's yours?

EDIT: If this is in the wrong section apologies
B4rberblacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
das boot, opinion