SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-23-13, 02:06 PM   #1
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788
Uploads: 0
Default FuMO 30 problem

Hello, can you please help me with this problem with FuMO 30? When I want to turn off, extends beyond the area for FuMO...

I use FM30 upDown Final and Aces Super Turms v6...

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 06-23-13 at 02:44 PM.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 03:36 PM   #2
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepp von Ch. View Post
Hello, can you please help me with this problem with FuMO 30? When I want to turn off, extends beyond the area for FuMO...

I use FM30 upDown Final and Aces Super Turms v6...
I hate these kinds of answers, but have you tried raising it and lowering it again? I ask this because, I have found that if I load a game and then immediately lower it, or if I come to the surface, it will automatically lower in a crooked position like that. Then if I turn it on and turn it off again it corrects itself. Seems that the game mechanics react a little to quickly to the auto shut-off command that comes with surfacing or game loading. My apologies if this seems stupidly obvious or wrong.
rudewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 03:42 PM   #3
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Yes, of course. It does not work.
Old 06-23-13, 04:53 PM   #4
Consigliere
Watch

Downloads: 153

This is from the GWX 3.0 manual (page 67):
"Rotating Radar and Radio Direction Finding Antennas
Stock Silent Hunter III simulates the effects of U-boat radar rotation but does not rotate the 3D model of the radar antenna; similarly, some ship contacts represent the effects of using the radio direction finding (RDF) antenna to detect radio transmissions but the RDF does not deploy or rotate. GWX merely rotates the 3D model of the radar antenna on U-boats so equipped, and the RDF loop on all U-boats; the azimuth of the radar and RDF antennas matches the azimuth shown on the azimuth control wheel in the radio room.
Radar and Radio Direction Finding Antennas in GWX
The RDF antenna rotates 180° clockwise and then counter-clockwise. No player action is required to use the RDF antenna.
The radar antenna rotates automatically, but the Silent Hunter III game engine forces the antenna to retract in the position it was in whenever the U-boat dives. This can result in the antenna appearing to stick out of the sides of the U-boat‘s conning tower, a purely visual effect that does not affect the radar or the U-boat, but which some players may find irritating. GWX adds a [Shift]-R command allowing players toggle the radar on and off. Turning the radar off also retracts the radar antenna, allowing players to retract the radar manually into its proper position before the U-boat dives as the antenna aligns with its storage location in the conning tower".

As i do understand "FM30 upDown Final" and "Aces Super Turms v6" are parts of GWX 3.0 regarding antennas... So you have to press [Shift]-R (or your appropriate command) several times to align an antenna to its location in the conning tower.
I do not think, that there is a possibility to automatically align antenna to proper position in a conning tower, without hacking game's exe.
- Size matters not.
Consigliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 04:20 PM   #5
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Thanks
Old 06-24-13, 04:32 PM   #6
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consigliere View Post
As i do understand "FM30 upDown Final" ...
to press [Shift]-R (or your appropriate command) several times to align an antenna to its location in the conning tower.
I do not think, that there is a possibility to automatically align antenna to proper position in a conning tower, without hacking game's exe.
Очевидно. Товарищ не понимает... суть мода.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote