Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-26-12, 02:35 PM   #1
Com1
Swabbie

Downloads: 350
Uploads: 0
Default Problem seeing plots on maps

Hi Guys,

hope you can help me. I am not as young as I used to be and when I plot on the maps, its OK while placing them (red), but after (they turn grey) I can hardly see them then.

Is there a file or graphic I can edit to change the colour? I have spent hours today looking, but can't find anything.

Here's what I mean:

At least while trying things I got a nice purple border to my view cone

I would appreciate a shove in the right direction, thanks.

Com1
Com1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-12, 03:08 PM   #2
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Have you tried this ?

Please Read this ,, this will change the colors of your plotting to a reasonable color .. I had the same problems as well .. damm it sucks becomming apart of the over the hill gang ~ LOL

But read threw this thread and you should have a better situation ~~

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433

Also I posted the same dialougue here !!

How to patch your sh5.exe file for v0.0.3 (can define colors for: marks, ruler, compass, protractor, distance scales on Nav map and TAI map, and lattitude and longitude degrees on the sides and top and bottom of navigation map):
NOTE: color is a hex color defined as AABBGGRR (when viewed in the hex editor) where AA = the alpha component, BB - the blue component, GG = the green component, and RR = the red component. Possible values for each is 0x00-0xFF.
NOTE2: stock values for the color (as seen in hex editor) are either 0xFF222222, 0x4B444444, 0xFE111188, or 0xEE000000
- make a backup of your sh5.exe file
- open the sh5.exe file with a hex editor
- go to address 0x2AE60 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the TAI map distance scale
- go to address 0x2B369 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the Navigation map distance scale
- go to address 0x30465 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the longitude degrees located at top of nav map
- go to address 0x304C7 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the longitude degrees located at bottom of nav map
- go to address 0x3060F and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the lattitude degrees located at left side of nav map
- go to address 0x30671 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the lattitude degrees located at right side of nav map
- go to address 0x103F75 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted. This color defines the color of all the instances of this tool when adding new instances of the tool. Makes these instances of these tools 'stand-out' compared to other tools
- go to address 0x103F95 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the marks
- go to address 0x104489 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted when placing a new mark
- go to address 0x104A84 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted when placing new ruler line
- go to address 0x105095 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the ruler
- go to address 0x1055FF and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted when placing new compass
- go to address 0x105945 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the compass
- go to address 0x105DF5 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted when placing new protractor
- go to address 0x1063E5 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the protractor
- save the file
- run the game

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-12, 04:05 PM   #3
Com1
Swabbie

Hi kimuraijn,

Thank you VERY much.....that is brilliant, exactly what I needed.

Going off to do it right away,

Thanks again.

com1
Old 02-26-12, 04:49 PM   #4
Com1
Swabbie

Hi kimuraijn,

Just to let you know....that worked perfectly for me....I will now have colourful charts that I can actually see

Thanks again, you guys on SUBSIM are the best,

Com1