Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-12, 10:23 PM   #1
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Default report back scapa raid

report back scapa raid
Accepted mission sept 1939 to raid scapa flow . Fine weather until just outside sf . Heavy fog and rain at night upon nearing sf. Due to intelligence from Bdu re increased activity in sf (OH2 1.7 report) and the fact that doenitz wants something to happen , i have decided that even with bad weather we must keep going . We spotted a beakon but the visibility is so poor that we ran aground . The sub was able to be reversed off the sand bank with some hull damage and some minor injuries to crew . We cannot get a bearing with celestial navigation Because of the weather and unfortunately everytime the navigator takes a dead reckoning our calculations get worse . We have to be out of scapa by day break . Grounded the submarine 2 more times and more damage to hull and some minor injuries to crew . Stuck on unknown obsticle , end of career . Deleted all my saves . Thats it , i am determined to catch a trevally next time i go fishing .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 02-20-12 at 12:01 AM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 01:07 PM   #2
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
report back scapa raid
Accepted mission sept 1939 to raid scapa flow . Fine weather until just outside sf . Heavy fog and rain at night upon nearing sf. Due to intelligence from Bdu re increased activity in sf (OH2 1.7 report) and the fact that doenitz wants something to happen , i have decided that even with bad weather we must keep going . We spotted a beakon but the visibility is so poor that we ran aground . The sub was able to be reversed off the sand bank with some hull damage and some minor injuries to crew . We cannot get a bearing with celestial navigation Because of the weather and unfortunately everytime the navigator takes a dead reckoning our calculations get worse . We have to be out of scapa by day break . Grounded the submarine 2 more times and more damage to hull and some minor injuries to crew . Stuck on unknown obsticle , end of career . Deleted all my saves . Thats it , i am determined to catch a trevally next time i go fishing .

So you found my "unknown obsticles" - aka more TDW's subnets with mines in-between
Good to know you were getting messages - be more aggressive

Please don't take it out on those poor wee fishies.
Old 02-20-12, 04:25 PM   #3
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Mines huh , they didnt blow up . My sub got caught in between them and i couldnt move forward or backwards I never recieved any red messages .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 04:33 PM   #4
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Mines huh , they didnt blow up . My sub got caught in between them and i couldnt move forward or backwards I never recieved any red messages .
What path into SF did you try