SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-29-12, 05:14 PM   #1
GrechuxD
Watch

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 0
Default Hardware problem or not ? (Graphics)

Hi I present my problem with SH5.

Some time ago I had an older computer so I decided to change it a little because I had enough shear to games.
I was then:

AMD Athlon 2300 + (single core)
ATI Radeon 4650HD (I have it still) but I'll change it is not too good
1GB DDR1

On this computer I played in SH5, jes read on this very strange but I played in SH5 at max graphics detail or Texture, screen resolution and effects in the game. PhotoStream mention that I had a ATI AMD Vision Engine Control Center where I also had above normal wszydko tweaking the game is: Anti-Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering and Vertical refresch etc. The game went, and did not I cut.
After some time has finally come time to replace the computer.
I mean the computer's processor and more RAM. So I did and this is part of the process that converted only two in all but the most important along with the graphics card:

AMD Athlon (tm) II X4 640 Processor
Ram 4GB DDR3 motherboard and of course, but it does not matter in the game

When you improve your PC's time of fun and games so I installed SH5. I was full of hope that this game will look much better DX10 and such things.
I installed the game and when I turned disappointed: WHAT IS THE MAX detail cuts. WHEN THE OLDER COMPUTER He went to MAX details : O

The question is? What should I do or what is wrong? ; (If anyone knows what's going on please write-off.

The game now comes in low with the exception of a few effects and graphics included by me *1024x1280 60Hz. The enhancement options turned off, using all the (ATI AMD Vision Engine Control) : Cholera:
GrechuxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 06:06 PM   #2
alexoscar
Gunner

Downloads: 72

My advice: if you have changed MOBO, CPU, RAM, etc you should to format and reinstall OS from scratch.

If you don't do it, maybe you will find a lot of problems through drivers and OS.
alexoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 06:26 PM   #3
Maki4444
Sparky

Downloads: 334

Well the stock version of the game isn't all that impressive. Try adding some mods.
Maki4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 07:15 PM   #4
GrechuxD
Watch

Downloads: 141

Aha. I forgot to add for clarity. The computer was given to IT was all done and installed from scratch on a purely. I have windows 7 32-bit.

Thank you very much for your reply. Forum is cool and fun. In my opinion the best forum I've ever seen. Respect here gives a quick reply. I could not even get up from his chair so fast I got the answer

A lot of mods I have installed, it did not work : Nope:
GrechuxD is offline   Reply With Quote