SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-25-10, 01:05 AM   #1
HMCS
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 186
Uploads: 0
Default Weird Radar Refit Bug ?RFB?

I am running a Balao class boat (RFB 2 patched to current ver); when I RTB and with the new paintscheme refit the game reset my radar to the lower parts of the mast (changing radar depth to 35' in good weather), erased my upgrades (had to buy back radar & other upgrades) and deleted my gun crew slots.

VERY annoying. Any solutions?

Mods Loaded:TMO 2.2, RSRDC, MaxOptics, Strategic Map Symbols, Stop The Shouting
OR:
RFB, RSRDC, Maxoptics, SCAF, Strategic Map Symbols and the sanity-saving "stop the shouting".
HMCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-10, 02:10 AM   #2
TH0R
XO

Downloads: 52

I have had the similar experience with Balao and Meassure 32 paint conversion, long time ago.

First lets talk about inherent game 'bugs'. Yes, you will have to re-purchase all the equipment once you receive any kind of an upgrade. This can't be helped.

If you save the game in port and load it later after restarting the game - you will have an option to purchase upgrades that aren't yet available in game. It is best to restock your torpedoes and do the upgrading / refitting before saving the game while in port.

Why save in port? Some patches change some of the game files (for example equipment / upgrades availability dates), and it is just the smart thing to do.

On my very first patrol with RFB, a year ago I just came back from my 7th patrol and received a new paint job. Everything was fine except the radar - the 3D model was busted and was sitting in the wrong location on the CT. The game loaded the wrong 3D model.

When I got to know more about how this game works and how mods should be installed I noticed I did few fatal mistakes. What I did is, I purchased 5" deck gun before it was available and I did one patrol with TMO (simply reloaded RFB back when I was in port next time). A big NO NO for both.

It is interesting that you posted this, as I am waiting to see will my Paint (Meassure 32) upgrade go without any issues this time I am doing things the right way.

Have you maybe purchased the 5" deck gun before it was available or loaded the patch while you were on patrol?
Old 04-26-10, 09:30 AM   #3
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Default Similar issue

I just had a weird issue happen for the first time after coming into port from a patrol (game config is in my sig block).
1. I had to "re-buy" my surface search radar and improved air search radar.
2. Upgraded 20mm to twin barrel
3. Upgraded paintjob
4. Didn't touch the deck gun

Next patrol, surface search radar was gone. Reloaded the in-base save game and re-bought everything again. Commenced patrol, no radar.

I've re-loaded my game prior to RTB and am heading home again. I won't by the new paintjob this time as that seems to be one of the common elements in the problem.

tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-10, 10:22 AM   #4
WarlordATF
Frogman

Downloads: 105

As more and more people report this issue i am beginning to think its really a typo by Ubisoft. I can help you fix this issue so that the radar continues to work after a conning tower upgrade. Some say it just changes the radar position, but after i applied this change the Radar has always worked after a conning tower upgrade. This affects Porpoise,Salmon and Sargo class boats and is very easy to change and if it does not help its just as easy to change it back.

Try what i say to do in this thread and see if it helps...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159776

EDIT: Sorry, i missed the fact your running Balao class, not sure if this will help you.
Old 04-26-10, 12:02 PM   #5
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Default I'm in a Gato...

and the rotating antenna etc wasn't there either. I'm going to experiment when I get back to base and only choose one thing at a time etc and start the next mission and see what happens.
tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote