SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-10, 05:39 PM   #1
wamphyri
Lieutenant

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] Wamphyri's Plane Attack Mod

Wamphyri's Plane Attack Mod v1.01
(1.01 has just some minor changes/fixes .. not worth documenting)

This mod changes how many of the planes behave. Includes fixes to things present in the stock game.

Done So Far :

- All planes either from an air base of any nation or a carrier may or may not attack. Based on their main use during the war.
- Damage of all plane cannons have been adjusted
- fixed a small stock input error that prevented depth charges dropped by planes from doing any damage.
- AI should be able to hit with all AA guns (except maybe verling.. haven't looked at it yet)
- carriers should be harder to get to if any of their planes have spotted you as they can send out attack planes.
- Removed 20mm ammo bar that was blocking sights.
- Adjusted ROF of all AA guns to more accurate values. *see below*
- Reduced the chance of a plane at night.

What I'm working on or hope to get to :

This and That

Download link - current version 1.01
LINK

Readme in zip explains how to install .. shouldn't be too difficult. JSGME compatible

Thanks to AOTD MadMax for the use of his bombdummy file. \o/

Thanks to Therion Prime for helping me get AA guns figured out.

In doing an extreme amount of testing with the AA guns I found a coding bug. The AI will very often not update the position of the plane and the AA gun fire properly until it reloads the gun. So with using historical figures often the first shot will hit the plane with the others way off the mark .. or with the last hitting the plane and the shots before it missing the mark easily. I've adjusted all AA guns to have no reload so that the AI updates properly, and with historic firerates it's still much slower than it was before. They still won't hit 100% of the time and that depends on the angle, I could go into detail but I think the crew missing at times yet able to hit at times would be ideal. (the 37mm still seems to have laser accuracy but it's rof is way down). I got all my rof figures from uboat.net

Last edited by wamphyri; 05-10-10 at 01:01 AM.
wamphyri is offline   Reply With Quote