SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-10, 10:48 PM   #1
Grizzybear
Watch

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default Good kills!

So I was in the area of midway...tmo 1.9 and rsrd. I came across the jap task force and got a wild hair and pursued them on their departure. And for some reason after i was transfered to midway all my realism setting got turned off..so I was doing this with no realism settings. I usually go with 75%. Made it a easy day I shall say.
So initial contact was with the outerscreen dd's. Went deep and eluded them pretty quickly. Rose and gave chase to find a Hiryu flattop..dived and got setup for the torpedo spread. Let loose 6 fish alll hitting(I cheat with no manual). She went down and the dd's following her could care less and payed me no attention.
So I pass out of range of the dd's and ran a parrel course with the task force. Managed to work my way in front of them and got under the lead dd's and set up for the next biggin..a Magomi...Again I let loose all forward tubes and sank her...
I was in the middle of the task force...strange than none of the dd's came after me. I scanned around and found a 2nd Hiryu and set a intercept at flank speed underwater. Luckily he was a good ways behind the Magomi so I was able to get my tunbes loaded. Of course will all the settings reverting strangly to off it made the torpes reloaded evan faster.
I got at a good intercept and when she came across I let loose all the reamining fish with all hits and sank her.
So with a strange happenings with the realism it made for a easy kill fest..3 crewman instanly promoted and then I return to base to set the settings to my original settings.
Fast forward a few months. U.S.S. Drum at the entrance to Tokyo Harbor..75% realism..no manual targeting. I sank a freighter heading into the harbor. I was waiting for more to show when out comes a jap sub..Wow I have never seen one that hasnt been moored..so I gave chase. She was moving fast and manuvered well. I let loose 3 of my remaining forward tubes while shooting with the main deck gun. SHe had her own main blazing and her aa guns rocking my hull. All my torps missed her but I was able to sink her with the main gun...lucky.
So I hauled butt outta the area and headed back to Midway..Contacts start popping up..low and behold a 2 ship task force...I left them be as air covered showed up and I went deep.
Got back to Midway and only after 2-3 patrols in the Drum I was offered a new boat inSept of 42..so hence I am the new capt of the U.S.S. balao.
Old 02-28-10, 12:44 AM   #2
magic452
Sea Lord

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Looks like you're having fun.
I haven't seen a jap sub yet so good find on that one.

Magic

Reported lost 11 Feb. 1942
Signature by depthtok33l
magic452 is offline   Reply With Quote