SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-08, 03:21 AM   #1
Grayson02sept1980
中国水兵

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Question: How to change standart load of torps

My problem:

I load up 2 or 4 special torps... pay the price... got to patrol... didn't use them cause either I found no target (yes it has happened to me twice now that I have seen no convoy - only had single ships as targets - and I see no point in wasting a FaT on a lonely merchant) or I had to return due to the fact that the boat was almost falling apart ('43 and some mods and it gets real hard now).

What files do I need to alter - what parts of what files to be more precise - to get a new standart load.

Cause imho as soon as a special torp was available the BdU would give some to the Commanders... the renown system is ok... but it gets real when I pay for a torp and have nothing from it... come home and it is gone or I have the torp .. have to reload at a Milchkuh... and again... gone.

I see a point to spend renown on further loadings of those toys (more FaTs or T5s) but imho at least 2 FaTs should have been loaded on any boat as soon as the FaT was available... esspecially on my IX

The same for accoustics and the LuT.

etc.

Grayson02sept1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-08, 04:40 AM   #2
Grayson02sept1980
中国水兵

ok ok ... search function works! I admit that I was too lazy.

I found Wolfies Tweak Pack and there I can change the load... hope it works well with GWX/OLc's GUI etc.

Old 03-18-08, 07:31 AM   #3
robbierob2005
Watch Officer

Downloads: 83

Or you can manualy change the basic.cfg file. There you can change the torpedo load for different type of subs in different years.
robbierob2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-08, 07:48 AM   #4
Grayson02sept1980
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbierob2005
Or you can manualy change the basic.cfg file. There you can change the torpedo load for different type of subs in different years.
tried it but never worked out.... either I loaded the wrong saves or made mistakes

Old 03-18-08, 10:15 AM   #5
Grayson02sept1980
中国水兵

just did it with the Tweek Pack (tweak?) tools and it works very well.

Old 03-18-08, 07:16 PM   #6
bobchase
Torpedoman

Downloads: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson02sept1980
Grayson,
Be careful about adding reserve or extra torps to the after section of the subs. The game is very finicky about it's rear-end (pun intended). There are a couple of old threads on the forum about that and Wolfie speaks of it a little in his documentation. If memory serves me right, never change the after reserves, and adding 2 extra inboard torps and 4 outboard torps to the after loadout are the max you can safely get away with.
Up forward, you can pretty much get away with adding a type XXI loadout to any sub you want. The 'uber-realizim' folks will consider that evil, maybe even ban me from the forum for saying it , but it's your game to play.

Your shortcut to the TweekSUB file has to be:
"C:\....TweekSUB.exe" Wolfie

Notice that it's adding a space then Wolfie not the lower case wolfie, as the mods docs show. You can then add extra torps if you are so inclined.

Bob Chase
bobchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-08, 03:02 AM   #7
Grayson02sept1980
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobchase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson02sept1980
Grayson,
Be careful about adding reserve or extra torps to the after section of the subs. The game is very finicky about it's rear-end (pun intended). There are a couple of old threads on the forum about that and Wolfie speaks of it a little in his documentation. If memory serves me right, never change the after reserves, and adding 2 extra inboard torps and 4 outboard torps to the after loadout are the max you can safely get away with.
Up forward, you can pretty much get away with adding a type XXI loadout to any sub you want. The 'uber-realizim' folks will consider that evil, maybe even ban me from the forum for saying it , but it's your game to play.

Your shortcut to the TweekSUB file has to be:
"C:\....TweekSUB.exe" Wolfie

Notice that it's adding a space then Wolfie not the lower case wolfie, as the mods docs show. You can then add extra torps if you are so inclined.

Bob Chase
thanks for the warning... but I really just wanted to add two FaT as a standeart load in 1943 as imho those were use standart. (well I couldn't resist and pack up one T5 in the aft tubes... I just love that torp.... )

that's all...
I know how to crash SH3 very well and I am not keen adding another method to my list
again: Thanks for the warning