Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-13-07, 10:03 AM   #1
jumpy
Admiral

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0
Default To hell in a handbasket

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/6943734.stm

It is official, we in Britain now have no sense of humour whatsoever and are now so totally afraid of our own shaddows that we have to persecute people for the amusing slogans on their t-shirts

when you’ve been so long in the desert, any water, no matter how brackish, looks like life

jumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 10:11 AM   #2
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

Ask yourself one question, were you at school with anyone who said: 'When I grow up, I want to be a street warden'?

Exactly.

Chock
Old 08-13-07, 10:13 AM   #3
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Them brits prolly just hate us americans so wanna get us arrested by any means neccessary..

"Ey You bloody yanks stop breathing its against british laws!"
Old 08-13-07, 10:13 AM   #4
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Peterborough City Council said using insulting or offensive language was an offence, even if it appeared in print.
What Mr Pratt should had said why is there so much bad language on TV, is that OK?

I got a T-Shirt that has on it - Same Sh*t Different Day, plenty of folks found it funny and so did one of my old bosses from years ago when I wore it to work.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 10:28 AM   #5
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral

Sad. And what is anybody gonna do about it? Nothing, because the entire English population (STEED excluded) has become sheep with no power to stop the government from getting rediculous.

-S
Old 08-13-07, 11:42 AM   #6
STEED
Lucky Jack

What this comes down to is PC claptrap and people in my country are letting these jumped up jerks walk all over them, and why? They come out with "what can you do about it?" Show these jerks up for what they are control freaks who hunger for power, I say it's time we throw the book at them and see how they like it.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 08-13-07, 12:06 PM   #7
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The t-shirt slogan I always remember is:

"Don't drink the water...the fish f*ck in it"

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 12:14 PM   #8
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
The t-shirt slogan I always remember is:

"Don't drink the water...the fish f*ck in it"
And we dump are sh*t in it but that's for another day.

Old 08-13-07, 12:37 PM   #9
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock
Ask yourself one question, were you at school with anyone who said: 'When I grow up, I want to be a street warden'?

Exactly.

Chock
Nah but you could tell which one's would grow up and relish that role, it was written all over them.
What tickles me about this is the old line .. we [the Council] received an official complaint, meaning a third party but if you press them for the source of the complaint, it's 'oh we can't divuldge that information' ... Fair enough but I think 9 times out of 10, that's just an alibi when the power trip went too far.

GWX Team Member; Retired
GWX Home Page

The Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 02:00 PM   #10
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

My question here is how far do you let the t-shirt slogans go? First it is this which is seemingly ok. Then what next that might not be ok. A line has to be drawn some where. Ask yourself this, would you want your 6 year old beginning to read and grasping concepts having to look at shirts like this or any other that might be construed as in poor taste? I certainly do not believe my daughters need to see it. There is noise polution that is bad for the ears. There is cigarette polition that is bad for the lungs. Is this considered eye polition that is bad for the young minds? I'm guessing yes.
Old 08-13-07, 02:22 PM   #11
CptSimFreak
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
My question here is how far do you let the t-shirt slogans go? First it is this which is seemingly ok. Then what next that might not be ok. A line has to be drawn some where. Ask yourself this, would you want your 6 year old beginning to read and grasping concepts having to look at shirts like this or any other that might be construed as in poor taste? I certainly do not believe my daughters need to see it. There is noise polution that is bad for the ears. There is cigarette polition that is bad for the lungs. Is this considered eye polition that is bad for the young minds? I'm guessing yes.
Perfect example of parents blaming seciety for thier own faults.
CptSimFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 02:25 PM   #12
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6

This is a case of someone going too far to ward off a problem that doesn't exist.
As will always happen where there are policemen, and indeed, any forms of authority.
If this story qualifies as hell in a handbasket, then I have been out of the loop too long.
Old 08-13-07, 02:36 PM   #13
bradclark1
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSimFreak

How do you figure that? Parents can't go into stores and throw in the trash t-shirts with objectionable slogans.
bradclark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 05:51 PM   #14
Letum
Navy Seal

Downloads: 43

You sure it wasn't for his hair style?
Old 08-13-07, 06:33 PM   #15
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSimFreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk

Perfect example of childish society were everything is no holes barred. Shirts like this are unecessary. So are shirts and bumper stickers with inappropiate slogans. It is called being decent. It is silly nonsense like this that degrade society. And young man, what are my faults that I'm blaming on society? When you get a list together please present it to me. When we are done there please provide your Masters Degree in Behavorial and Social Science. Until then, keep your open ended response to yourself until you have some back up. Have you ever had to explain to a child why a woman is wearing a shirt that states "I'm the B!tch"? I have. Well golly, it is just a funny shirt. Don't you think so honey? I'm glad you got it all figured out. When you have children let me know how your outlook on poor in taste slogans are looking to you. If you already have children, good luck to you.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 08-13-07 at 06:55 PM.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote