SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-11-07, 11:06 AM   #1
GnarPow
Gunner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Downgraded my sub...

I came back into port with a pretty beat up sub, i had taken about 5 good shells in a battle and couldnt go below 90 feet or so b4 things turned bad so when I got home they asked me if I wanted to resign on a High note and I said NO so they gave me a porpoise class instead of another Sargo I had been driving, what BS that is.... Every mission b4 they kept trying to give me a gato sub but fearing the loss of my career I kept turning them down... I think next time I might have to accept so I am not in this old hoopdy
GnarPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-07, 11:28 AM   #2
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Well come on sir. You damaged a submarine therefore if you want to continue with your career you get the old battle wagons that are berthed in the back of the harbor. Bring this one home undamaged and we'll talk!

Always go for the upgraded sub because I believe if you continue on with the sub you have and it is stricken from the registry as a fighting sub, your career ends.
Old 05-11-07, 11:48 AM   #3
Deep6
Gunner

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Always go for the upgraded sub because I believe if you continue on with the sub you have and it is stricken from the registry as a fighting sub, your career ends.
If he did not have the fix for the forced career ending, he would still have his career ended (from what I understand, it goes by your original boats end date). If he has the fix, the dates the subs are retired should be passed the end of the war.
Old 05-11-07, 11:51 AM   #4
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

The way I understand it is the career ender depends on the base and what year sub you have. I'm not sure of the particulars to it. I have kept upgrading and getting different bases on my current career. I' just started patrol number 8
Old 05-11-07, 12:28 PM   #5
GnarPow
Gunner

I just finished patrol 7 and have over 500,000 tons sunk so you think they would give me a break if I bring home 1 damaged sub, lol

Part of not upgrading too is that I dont want to go to pearl harbor bc i did a pre 1.2 career out of pearl so I like Freemantle at the moment... real quick to the action
GnarPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-07, 12:32 PM   #6
tycho102
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
The way I understand it is the career ender depends on the base and what year sub you have. I'm not sure of the particulars to it. I have kept upgrading and getting different bases on my current career. I' just started patrol number 8
You've got about 2 more patrols and then ur done.
tycho102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-07, 12:33 PM   #7
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarPow
I just finished patrol 7 and have over 500,000 tons sunk so you think they would give me a break if I bring home 1 damaged sub, lol

Part of not upgrading too is that I dont want to go to pearl harbor bc i did a pre 1.2 career out of pearl so I like Freemantle at the moment... real quick to the action
Oh yeah, I agree. I love starting the Asiatic Fleet. My upgrade to the Drum I had to head to PH as a new base. It is not so bad. I full throttle it to Midway for fuel and then 10kts to the East coast of Japan. TC helps alot here on that distance. After two patrols from PH I find it is not so bad.