SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-07-07, 09:33 PM   #1
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Crew Change

In case you are having problems with your crew not behaving well it may be you fault, ( maybe ) so copy and paste ( or print out ) this small guide and practice it. If followed this way your crew will behave.

Credit for this goes to "PV" as he told of this in another thread. Just in case some of you did not read his post regarding this.

Don't SAVE 1/2 hr. before or after
0800, 1200, 1600, 2000, 0000, 0400
or crew on duty will not change
or rest.

Old 05-09-07, 12:06 PM   #2
banjo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 55

Thanks!
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-07, 12:40 PM   #3
Bando
Commodore

Downloads: 23
Didn't know that, thanks
Bando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-07, 01:16 PM   #4
joea
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 25

Sticky Sticky Sticky!!!!
joea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-07, 07:58 PM   #5
-Pv-
The Old Man

Downloads: 5

Appreciate the credit, but since patch 1.2 this may be no longer strickly true. I'm studying the characteristic, but it seems crew fatigue level getting set to a high value is more random than before. I'm still avoiding saving close to the change times (which occur within 11 minutes of the hour) but I'm still getting a few crew mangles on restore.
-Pv-
-Pv- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-07, 08:51 PM   #6
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Thanks

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-07, 08:55 PM   #7
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pv-
Appreciate the credit, but since patch 1.2 this may be no longer strickly true. I'm studying the characteristic, but it seems crew fatigue level getting set to a high value is more random than before. I'm still avoiding saving close to the change times (which occur within 11 minutes of the hour) but I'm still getting a few crew mangles on restore.
-Pv-
Since your original post on this I have tried to follow it to the letter and I've always had a very good crew except for one time that I was not thinking and also in a hurry to save and quit the game that when I opened the save I noticed the entire crew was way low in performances, they were very tired. I had saved at 0000 right on the nose and it was not on purpose either. I was at the time near Pearl Harbor so I just shut down the engines and went to 2048 TC for about 48 hours ( maybe 72, can't remember :hmm: ). When out of TC every one was happy and content, so I believe it does work. I probably would had have a problem if I were in deep enemy territory where the crew had to be more active though.
I think it does help to try and keep their schedules balanced though as much as you can.
Old 05-10-07, 09:15 AM   #8
Arctic Fox
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Thanks, I will bear this in mind.
Arctic Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 09:16 AM   #9
DanCanovas
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0

I really don;t think I can remember to do that everytime I save
Old 05-10-07, 09:22 AM   #10
sean705
Watch

Downloads: 3

Thanks for this info! It's made a difference in my patrols over the past two days
sean705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 09:25 AM   #11
Bane
Torpedoman

Downloads: 33

Add this to the bug thread, imo. More info for #28 on the list.
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 09:30 PM   #12
-Pv-
The Old Man

Downloads: 5

When I get the occasional tired crew despite my careful saving there is a quick solution that recovers the crew in only 12 hours.

Also bear in mind cruising on the surface in high TC during a storm will also tire out your crew (as well as damage the boat) so be carefull. If you are on the surface in 15m/s winds or higher and waves are washing over the bridge, dive and run at 2 knots for as long as you can and surface only long enough to charge the battery then dive again until the weather calms to the point where water is no longer over the bridge. Use the weather report mod to help know when it's best to run on the surface for long periods.

The quickest way to recover a tired crew is to take the least tired crew shift and drag it into the current active crew. This will force the other shifts to sleep. Two to three shift cycles and the whole crew will return to normal fatigue.
-Pv-
-Pv- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-07, 12:37 PM   #13
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pv-
When I get the occasional tired crew despite my careful saving there is a quick solution that recovers the crew in only 12 hours.

Also bear in mind cruising on the surface in high TC during a storm will also tire out your crew (as well as damage the boat) so be carefull. If you are on the surface in 15m/s winds or higher and waves are washing over the bridge, dive and run at 2 knots for as long as you can and surface only long enough to charge the battery then dive again until the weather calms to the point where water is no longer over the bridge. Use the weather report mod to help know when it's best to run on the surface for long periods.

The quickest way to recover a tired crew is to take the least tired crew shift and drag it into the current active crew. This will force the other shifts to sleep. Two to three shift cycles and the whole crew will return to normal fatigue.
-Pv-
Thanks Pv.

P.S. I knew you guys were sneaky. But it did happen in real life and it does make the Sim a lot better.

Again,thanks.