SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-28-07, 06:46 PM   #1
Father
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Refit only adds reserve torpedoes?

Is this normal, I only get 2 reserves added which leaves me with 4 empty tubes still, almost pointless.
Old 04-28-07, 06:58 PM   #2
perisher
Frogman

Downloads: 15

I find that a refit fills all my reserve racks but not any empty tubes. Two ways of looking at it. The Depot Ship is short of torps, so accept it; or, set out and load your empty tubes, then return and refit again.
Old 04-28-07, 07:00 PM   #3
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5

The trick is to put your reserves into the tubes before refitting.

Unless of course you used em all in which case Id suggest a little better planning.
SteamWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-07, 07:05 PM   #4
Grus
Bilge Rat

unlike when you dock, and you oversee the torpedoe loading ( i.e. you bomb up yourself) and load tubes and all.

When you refit, you go to the Officer Mess for a stiff scotch and some idle chatter, only to find out once back at sea that the lazy bilge rats in the torpedoe room only load them on board and did not load up the tubes , so you about face and head harbour, on the way back you work those lazy rats by doing loading time trials and see if they can load em all up before refit so whilst they refit the remaining torpedoes, you go have another stiff drink and find a quiet bit of wall in the Officers mess

End state, I find you have to refit twice to ensure that your tubes are full as well, don't know if it is a glitch or not.

Grus
Grus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-07, 07:12 PM   #5
tycho102
Ace of the Deep

If you're out of torps:

1. Refit, all stop, general quarters, reload using time compression. If you have "auto-loading" selected, you will need to unselect it and reselect it, in order for it to work. Otherwise you're doing manual dragging -- which is pointless on an empty refit, because you're getting nothing but mark14's.

2. Secure from general quarters (wery important!). Go to the navmap, click the upper-right corner anchor icon. Select refit again.

3. Party on, dude. Full tubes and reserves.
tycho102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-07, 07:29 PM   #6
Yanaran
Watch

You don't need to wait for the torpedoes to reload, the game removes the reserves immidietly. Just refit, click the auto-reload button twice (off then on), then refit again.
Yanaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-07, 08:57 PM   #7
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanaran
You don't need to wait for the torpedoes to reload, the game removes the reserves immidietly. Just refit, click the auto-reload button twice (off then on), then refit again.
ohhh kay
SteamWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-07, 07:55 AM   #8
Razman23
Engineer

Hmmmmmm, I usually just drag the new torpedoes straight from the left side to the empty tubes and they are instantly there. I havent refitted since the 1.2 patch so I dont know if that has been changed.

"Wir haben einen LKW versenkt!"
Kptlt.. W.M. Kraus
U-112
2nd Flotilla
Brest

===

"We sunk a truck!"
Captain Matt Sherman
USS Sea Tiger
Cavite Naval Yards
Phillippine Islands
Razman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-07, 10:23 AM   #9
Mudrik
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanaran
Good advice there Yanaran. I also always refit and then refit again. Never found the need to click auto reload though. Just do a double refit. Saves a lot of messing about with torps once back in dock doesn't it
Mudrik is offline   Reply With Quote