SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-07, 08:33 AM   #1
Eagle1_Division
Bosun

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0
Default CmpUtil Graphics Files

On the subguru sight theres a download for CmpUtility files, does subguru know the dl link is broken? I believe the ability to open the graphic files is quiet usefull for skinning, then everyone(and me) will be able to skin the submarines, knowing the placement of the textures on the UV map.

...ah, what the heck, no need for big words, simply put, I want it and the link is broken! :p
Eagle1_Division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-07, 10:30 AM   #2
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Cmputil won't help you if you want to look inside the *.grp files. This tool only compresses and inserts a bmp file (for example) into an existing *.grp file. I guess what you are looking for is a file called decompress.exe which actually "unzipps" the *.grp files.

You can get those files here as well : http://www.commanders-academy.com/fo...=3837#post3837

Cheers
OS

Last edited by OneShot; 04-12-07 at 10:40 AM.
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-07, 07:13 PM   #3
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

I was going to have a bash at doing some repaints for the subs in DW, but I can't seem to get the files decompressed with the decompress tool, guess I must be missing something. I've done plenty of models and repaints for other sims including SH3 and FS, I'm even Adobe Certified on Photoshop and train people on it for a living, but this one's got me beat!

Can anyone talk me through what I should be doing to decompress the graphics files and which files I should be going for?
Chock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 03:59 AM   #4
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9
Actually the usage is quite simple ...

- Copy the decompress.exe into the /graphics folder (or simply at the location where you have a *.grp/*.ndx file)

- Open a Command Window (or write a batch file)

- type the following : decompress usnidata (substitute usnidata with the name of the file you want to look into ... for example "3d").

- The decompress.exe will get to work and create a subfolder named just like the file you decompressed with all the goodies in it.

Files of Interest : /graphics/3D.grp, /interfaces/[platform]/*.grp (depending on what station you wanna change)

For the cmputil.exe ...

- again copy the file into the folder with the *.grp / *.ndx file of your choice

- Open a Command Window (or write a batch file)

- type the following : cmputil Logo SPLASH.BMP (for example)

- the cmputil.exe will get to work and insert the Splash.bmp file into the logo.grp file.

Cheers
OS
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote