SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-21-07, 03:24 PM   #1
r4iney
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Increase subs speed submerged with config?

Anyone know what lines to look for in the cfg files in the installation folder, to increase the speed of the various subs?

I recall a similar thread was made when SHIII first came out, but i can't find the lines in SHIV...

Anyone?
r4iney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 06:55 AM   #2
CrocodileDundee
Mate

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4iney
Anyone know what lines to look for in the cfg files in the installation folder, to increase the speed of the various subs?

I recall a similar thread was made when SHIII first came out, but i can't find the lines in SHIV...

Anyone?
In SH3 you had to go to the respective sub folder and then look for the .sim file. That one could be hex edited (look for the speed of your sub coded as long). The same thing works with torps, shells, etc...

Be careful, if you increase the speed (submerged or surfaced) you'll run out of fuel faster! (that happened in SH3). You also need to change the ranges (sub/surface) (e.g. 12000mi @ 10kts -> 12000mi @ 20kts). You'll figure out. Just have the patience to look at the whole hex values, and you'll find interesting things (I managed to have the periscope in my old SH3 XXI type extending from 20m below (intially it would only extend from 14m). So everything can be done, just experiment. (make a backup copy first )
CrocodileDundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 02:17 PM   #3
Derk
Nub

Downloads: 0

Do you know of any got hex editors?
Derk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 03:05 PM   #4
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derk
Do you know of any got hex editors?
You don't need a hex editor to change the sim, go up to the stickys and download S3D. Then you can open the .sim and go to unit_submarine and find the max speed. The max speed is also in the sub.cfg file which can be edited with notepad.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote