SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-18-21, 08:21 PM   #1
JerseySeven
Random#

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0
Default Can no longer access interior of boat

Finished first patrol (wolves of the pacific with nippon maru mod). Second patrol, F2 or any command to enter boat just gives the external camera.

Anyone know why or have a fix?

Edit: May be a side effect of the Z01_Flaminus Add-on for FotRSU 1.46. Removed that mod and all seems to be working again! I will do more testing.

Last edited by JerseySeven; 06-18-21 at 09:05 PM.
JerseySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 09:24 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySeven View Post
Finished first patrol (wolves of the pacific with nippon maru mod). Second patrol, F2 or any command to enter boat just gives the external camera.

Anyone know why or have a fix?

Edit: May be a side effect of the Z01_Flaminus Add-on for FotRSU 1.46. Removed that mod and all seems to be working again! I will do more testing.
Ahoy, JerseySeven...

The use of ''Z01_Flaminus Add-on for FotRSU 1.46'', is very clearly stated... that it requires that you have vickers03's fleetboat interiors mod, activated... before using it.

Uhm... you did make sure to notice that fact, before using ''Z01_Flaminus Add-on for FotRSU 1.46'' mod... I hope..?

M. M.

Old 06-20-21, 10:42 AM   #3
JerseySeven
Random#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, JerseySeven...
Uhm... you did make sure to notice that fact, before using ''Z01_Flaminus Add-on for FotRSU 1.46'' mod... I hope..?

M. M.

No sir. Thanks for pointing that out!
Old 06-20-21, 06:00 PM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
No sir. Thanks for pointing that out!
No worries... hope you got everything.. dare I say it...

'ship shape'...

Sorry, My weird, quirky sense of humor, rearing its head...

M. M.

Old 06-21-21, 07:56 PM   #5
JerseySeven
Random#

Quote:
No worries... hope you got everything.. dare I say it...

'ship shape'...

Sorry, My weird, quirky sense of humor, rearing its head...

M. M.

OK, so the only vickers03 fleetboat interiors mod I found (I looked at every download available from vickers03) is "Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.46_EN". I installed the Flaminus add on after it in mod order (in the readme) and I still get no interior.
Old 06-21-21, 11:40 PM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Do you have Fall of the Rising Sun activated? Nippon Maru is built to be put on top of FotRSU. The same with vickers03"s interior mod. In a Stock game, you will have a submarine interior. In FotRSU, you will have a submarine interior. With vicker's mod, you will have an expanded interior...

So which folder do you have SH4 installed in, and what mods do you have activated?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-21, 11:57 PM   #7
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar Re: No interior...

Quote:
OK, so the only vickers03 fleetboat interiors mod I found (I looked at every download available from vickers03) is "Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.46_EN". I installed the Flaminus add on after it in mod order (in the readme) and I still get no interior.
Ahoy, JerseySeven...

Ok, 1st off, what's the source of & version # of your copy of SH4, if ya will... sir.

next up, with SH4, where is it exactly that you have it installed...

Are you using jsgme, to activate the mods... or free basing them into the game.?

Can you run jsgme, if you are using that to activate the mods & export the mods activated to clipboard so you can paste that list here in a reply back post...

See if we can't get things ship shape for ya...

M. M.

Old 06-24-21, 05:35 PM   #8
JerseySeven
Random#

Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition downloaded from the Ubisoft store. Latest version available from Ubisoft... Version 1.4? Whatever, it is compatible with FotRSU 1.46 just fine.

Installed in:
D:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition

Mods loaded with Generic Mod Enabler v2.6.0.157

When I was trying to get the add on to work, I only loaded (in this order)

-Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.46_EN
-Z01_Flaminus Add-on for FotRSU 1.46

I've been able to activate other mods ok with JsGME (like Enhanced Sounds for SH4 and Bstako6's SH4 Radio Channels, so I know JsGME is working.

It's OK. I don't care that much about the other mods, so I've given up on trying to get them to work.

Thank you!
Old 06-25-21, 07:31 AM   #9
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Both of the mods you list there require that you first have Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate v1.46 enabled. vickers03's Interiors mod has nothing to "hook" to in the Stock game, and flaminus' mod needs vickers.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 10:53 AM   #10
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Both of the mods you list there require that you first have Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate v1.46 enabled. vickers03's Interiors mod has nothing to "hook" to in the Stock game, and flaminus' mod needs vickers.
propbeanie + 1

What propbeanie said....
Old 06-25-21, 11:01 AM   #11
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

Quote:
Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition downloaded from the Ubisoft store. Latest version available from Ubisoft... Version 1.4? Whatever, it is compatible with FotRSU 1.46 just fine.

Installed in:
D:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition

Mods loaded with Generic Mod Enabler v2.6.0.157

When I was trying to get the add on to work, I only loaded (in this order)

-Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.46_EN
-Z01_Flaminus Add-on for FotRSU 1.46

I've been able to activate other mods ok with JsGME (like Enhanced Sounds for SH4 and Bstako6's SH4 Radio Channels, so I know JsGME is working.

It's OK. I don't care that much about the other mods, so I've given up on trying to get them to work.

Thank you!
Overall, when all is said & done.. this is what you should be seeing with having all the required mods in the mods folder & activated with jsgme:

FotRSU-EN v1.46
Nippon Maru v1.2.1*
Fleetboat Interior-Officers Quarters_FOTRSU v1.46 EN
Z01-Flaminus Add-on for FotRSU 1.46

*Note: The Nippon Maru, is not required, but... it does add a bit of flavor to FotRS with adding in ships properly tagged with Maru to their names...

That said you an chose to include it... or not. totally up to you. I would strongly recommend its inclusion but... that is just My suggestion, not saying you have to do so.

Hope that you do not indeed fully give up, but instead, will give this another go at it.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Old 06-25-21, 01:04 PM   #12
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Downloads: 95

Quote:
Overall, when all is said & done.. this is what you should be seeing with having all the required mods in the mods folder & activated with jsgme:

FotRSU-EN v1.46
Nippon Maru v1.2.1*
Fleetboat Interior-Officers Quarters_FOTRSU v1.46 EN
Z01-Flaminus Add-on for FotRSU 1.46

*Note: The Nippon Maru, is not required, but... it does add a bit of flavor to FotRS with adding in ships properly tagged with Maru to their names...

That said you an chose to include it... or not. totally up to you. I would strongly recommend its inclusion but... that is just My suggestion, not saying you have to do so.

Hope that you do not indeed fully give up, but instead, will give this another go at it.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Do you happen to know if I can add all these other mods to an existing Fotrsu mod without losing the campaign I already have?
1Patriotofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 03:50 PM   #13
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
Do you happen to know if I can add all these other mods to an existing Fotrsu mod without losing the campaign I already have?
That, I believe.. is going to relate to what version of FotRS you're running with currently.

If it is v1.46, then at best guess... I would think so. Just ensure of dropping them into the mods folder, activate through jsgme... & only... ONLY do the activation, with knowing that your sub's aft end, is docked & you're in the office.. would be the biggest thing to ensure doing.

If you're running with a pre v1.46 version, like say... v1.39 or the one prior to & before v1.39, I can't swear to this 100%, so please... do NOT shoot the messenger... (namely Me... )

If I am NOT mistaken... I think that upping the tableau of FotRS from a pre v1.46 up to that version(meaning updating to v1.46)... I think v1.46, is back compatible. I could be mistaken...

Mr. propbeanie or s7rikeback, can confirm or refute this... for better clarity.

What I do know is, that those mods there, are formalized for use distinctly with v1.46 & not the older versions prior to v1.46, that much I can with confidence state categorically with extreme confidence.

Any ho... I hope this helps.

M. M.

Old 06-25-21, 07:32 PM   #14
JerseySeven
Random#

I do not see FotRSU in my JsGME list, but I can assure you it is activated. I get the splash screen, the new base, the new subs and the new patrols. Not to mention all the new folders in my Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition folder.

As far as the Fleetboat interiors go, I looked inside the "Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.46_EN" folder and found three additional folders:
Fleetboat Interior Mod
SCLASS_TORPEDO_ROOM_NEAR_EMPTY
SHIP_SUNK_COUNT_(SELECT FOLDER)

If I paste only "Fleetboat Interior Mod" folder to my MODS Folder and activate with JsGME, and then activate Z01_Flaminus Add-on for FotRSU 1.46, it finally works! Although there were a lot of messages when I activated Flaminus about various things already being activated in Fleetboat interiors. Now Fleetboat Interiors is gray in the active mods list, but I am getting new interiors, and everything is running.

I'm in a Tambor class, so I figure I don't need whatever is in the SCLASS folder. I will eventually load the SHIP_SUNK_COUNT to the file that matches my kill (around 7 merchants).
Old 06-26-21, 12:40 AM   #15
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

Quote:
I do not see FotRSU in my JsGME list, but I can assure you it is activated. I get the splash screen, the new base, the new subs and the new patrols. Not to mention all the new folders in my Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition folder.

As far as the Fleetboat interiors go, I looked inside the "Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.46_EN" folder and found three additional folders:
Fleetboat Interior Mod
SCLASS_TORPEDO_ROOM_NEAR_EMPTY
SHIP_SUNK_COUNT_(SELECT FOLDER)

If I paste only "Fleetboat Interior Mod" folder to my MODS Folder and activate with JsGME, and then activate Z01_Flaminus Add-on for FotRSU 1.46, it finally works! Although there were a lot of messages when I activated Flaminus about various things already being activated in Fleetboat interiors. Now Fleetboat Interiors is gray in the active mods list, but I am getting new interiors, and everything is running.

I'm in a Tambor class, so I figure I don't need whatever is in the SCLASS folder. I will eventually load the SHIP_SUNK_COUNT to the file that matches my kill (around 7 merchants).
That SHIP_SUNK_COUNT older, is for use with the S class subs aka boats. Not for use with other subs...

If you want a kill count mod to use that will work with all the fleet boats, then you would want to grab the Battleflag mod, by vickers03, found here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=249391

This contains a lot of sub battle flags, sorted by sub type including sub names in each class & includes a kill count separate add in mod package, according to ships sunk. Just make sure to note what sub class you're in, as well as the sub name...

i.e Sargo class USS Sailfish, or Spearfish... etc., etc. ...

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 06-26-21 at 12:44 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote