Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-16, 12:01 PM   #21
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Also this

In regards to the user interface I'm thinking of having the main controls such as speed, depth and course as well as quick menus similar to SH5 with mods installed that give you officer options (only more advanced menus that can spread out very far) with all the nitty-gritty details in {Shift} + F1-F12 screens for up to 24 advanced deatils/controls screens.

During an emergency say the pressure hull was breached that "block" of information from the pressure hull screen would be shown in a "message" window and could be closed or clicked on to bring you to the "Pressure Hull and Trim Tanks" page for example.

The entire HUD wil be able to be hidden with a hotkey such as Left Alt + H I intend to have as many hotkeys as a flight simulator for each class of subs. This will be done by using .ini config files for each class of ships.

I have code written to import image files at runtime at the very least so modding so far will allow you to apply your own insignias etc. to your ships. Eventually model replacment and mission creating will become a reality hopefully and later a map editor in addition to the mission creator.

I will be designing the entire project around modding if the inital input is positive and looks commerical viable enough to do a kickstarter. I'll be thinking "How should I write/design/whatever this so that it can be exposed to allow users to modify it however they want when compiled"

You would be able to do everything in the ship walknig around as well such as replacing lightbulbs after depth charged or replacing fuses or adjusting the torpedos running depth.

One thing I love from Farming Simulator that I'm hoping to incorporate is a small screen in the top left corner that is turned on/off with F1 key that shows all available & important keys available to you to use at your current position.

So if your sitting in the attack scope it might be mouse wheel zoom in/out, home & end view up and dow,n pg up & down rotate scope, E exit scope.

When walking around you might have nothing shown and it will auto-hide but if you walk up to say the sonar station E Enter sonar station would appear or T Talk to sonarman or shift+t get quick report on sonar status.

Initally the playable area will be as much time as I have to stich together real world creations of the americas west and soviet east coast by hand with anything outside the view of the coast "infinite ocean tiles". You will probably be limited to only major cities/ports and the rest of the coastline will be straight with a random noise algorithim applied to it like in the screens on the last page the terrain is hand sculpted but the coast is procedural. The seafloor past the coastal areas (about 20x20km) will be "bottomless" until I can create a seafloor algorithim. If this is deemed to take too much time to get the first demo out then I will just do single battles with say 32 20x20 coastal areas stitched together and the ocean "infinite tiles".

I dont have the means of plotting a course right now. Maps has always been my #1 issue.

Fish swimming past teh scope underwater is still going to be there. Weve been able to spawn thousands of schools of 100's of fish each around the players area with only a few frames per second drop

Heres what I'm hoping the world will look like once completed

• Heat Map (Top Left) (for cold layers)
  • Height Map (Top Right) (for sea floor and terrain obviously)
  • Moisture Map (Bottom Right) (fogging and shorting of instruments, temperature inside compartments and thus lifespan of compopnents and happiness of crew)
  • Biome Map (Bottom Left) (certain areas will have different kinds of fish, and differnet kinds of enemy spawning at differnt rates, plus certain types of weather compared to others)

Any ideas for gameplay, story, mission ideas, looks, user interface, likes, dislikes, needs, wants, whatever is definitely going to go into designing the demo and beyond if it gets there.

Last edited by nsomnia; 01-14-16 at 02:54 PM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote