Closed Thread

Old 02-02-17, 10:42 PM   #1201
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Ok seriously this crosses some line for me where I do not see a reason to continue.

I just explicitly said that what he did already is enough for me to form a strong opinion about him and be genuinely convinced that he is a terrible person.
I do not need you, or anyone, telling me "no you actually feel this/that and your opinion is unjustified".
That's not only disrespectful and patronizing, it is defeating the purpose of exchanging opinions altogether.
Didn't come out exactly the way I meant it. So tell me, exactly what has he done so far?
Old 02-02-17, 10:59 PM   #1202
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Didn't come out exactly the way I meant it. So tell me, exactly what has he done so far?
Did you follow what he said during the elections, and since he is in office?
If this isn't enough to know he should not be president I don't know what is.
For me, it has been enough long before November.

Old 02-02-17, 11:04 PM   #1203
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Wonder how Putin will react when the time comes for the US to bomb Iran...I mean, Iran is an arms market,
Easy peasy, just let "we the people" buy anything Iran can buy. Something like a BMP with a plow on the front end for trips to the city. lol

Last edited by em2nought; 02-02-17 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Extrapolate
Old 02-02-17, 11:12 PM   #1204
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Oh, and repealing the regulation to prevent people with severe mental illnesses from buying firearms...no way that can backfire, eh?

https://bearingarms.com/beth-b/2017/...ty-disability/

I dunno, how did they do in the 80 odd years they were able to buy them before Obama took away their constitutional rights by imperial edict?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 02-02-17, 11:12 PM   #1205
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Well, in your opinion he has done nothing,, then why are they rioting,,, God forbid someone gets killed,, I'm surprised that it hasn't happened yet,, if it does will you denounce the violence,, as I see it, if that does happen,, the left will be everything I said it was after all these years,, now wouldn't that be a pip ???
I don't recall us Tea Baggers,, rioting,, destroying private property,, or beating up people after 2 elections of Obama,, as much as you wanted us to ,, too claim the moral high ground
Old 02-02-17, 11:15 PM   #1206
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Easy peasy, just let "we the people" buy anything Iran can buy. lol
What Clocks ????
Old 02-02-17, 11:36 PM   #1207
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Did you follow what he said during the elections, and since he is in office?
If this isn't enough to know he should not be president I don't know what is.
For me, it has been enough long before November.
Wait wait wait. Back up a little bit. In your last post you took offense because I said, and I quote:
Quote:
Your judgment is based on what you are certain he's going to do, based on what he has said he will do.
You got angry and said:
Quote:
I just explicitly said that what he did already is enough for me to form a strong opinion about him and be genuinely convinced that he is a terrible person.
So I ask what he did, and you reply that it's what he said before the election and since he's been in office. That's not me telling you what you said, it's what you actually said. Oh, and I never said your opinion is unjustified, or that you feel something you don't. What I said was that your hatred, but your own admission, is based on what he said, not on what he did. That's okay too, but you insist that it's what he did.

So I ask again, what has he actually done that's got you so worked up?
Old 02-02-17, 11:47 PM   #1208
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
Well, in your opinion he has done nothing,, then why are they rioting,,,
And now I have proof that you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Did you even read the other comments related to my post? You are still laboring under the misapprehension that I'm a Liberal.

Quote:
God forbid someone gets killed,, I'm surprised that it hasn't happened yet,, if it does will you denounce the violence,,
I've already denounced the violence. I think the people who are rioting are idiots. Did you not also read where I said I don't like Trump, but I also don't like Hillary? Did you not read my recent statement that I didn't vote for either of them?

Quote:
as I see it, if that does happen,, the left will be everything I said it was after all these years,, now wouldn't that be a pip ???
Have you not read any of my recent posts? Do you always just assume that if someone says one thing you disagree with they therefore belong to the Other Side? I agree with you about the Left. I also agree with them about the Right. Both sides have their extremes, and both sides have people who are reasonable. Being locked firmly into one side or the other is the biggest problem this country has. Unless you can discuss the issues for themselves and try to reach some kind of compromise, you are part of the problem.

Quote:
I don't recall us Tea Baggers,, rioting,, destroying private property,, or beating up people after 2 elections of Obama,, as much as you wanted us to ,, too claim the moral high ground
Again you accuse me of belonging to the side you don't like, without bothering to listen to what I actually say. I'm not any of the things you claim, but you are either unwilling or unable to see that.

Talk to me again when you've learned what "discussion" means.
Old 02-02-17, 11:51 PM   #1209
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Wait wait wait. Back up a little bit. In your last post you took offense because I said, and I quote:

You got angry and said:

So I ask what he did, and you reply that it's what he said before the election and since he's been in office. That's not me telling you what you said, it's what you actually said. Oh, and I never said your opinion is unjustified, or that you feel something you don't. What I said was that your hatred, but your own admission, is based on what he said, not on what he did. That's okay too, but you insist that it's what he did.

So I ask again, what has he actually done that's got you so worked up?
Why is it so difficult?

I took offense because instead of accepting that for some people what he IS is already enough to build an opinion, irrelevant to what he did or will do in the coming years, you simply claimed to know what I base my opinion on - despite me having said that clearly already. What's the point of this?

And what do you want to hear, what do you mean "What had he done?" isn't what he said and did over the last year enough already? Does there really need to be more even?
Where's the line when one's allowed to judge him in your opinion?

Old 02-03-17, 12:33 AM   #1210
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Aussie land? Nice, remember to pack a shedload of sunscreen though, I hear it's already Nevada down there.
Oberon, if Trump goes on a tangent again about the crowds at his inauguration, we'll show him this picture,lol

image hoster

Al Capone
Old 02-03-17, 01:15 AM   #1211
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Why is it so difficult?

I took offense because instead of accepting that for some people what he IS is already enough to build an opinion, irrelevant to what he did or will do in the coming years, you simply claimed to know what I base my opinion on - despite me having said that clearly already. What's the point of this?
I don't claim to know what you base your opinion on. You said he's done things that warrant the hatred he's received. When I ask what he's done you say it's not what he's done, it's what he said. That's fine, but what he said isn't necessarily what he's going to do. Politicians say things all the time, and end up doing far different things. So he hasn't done anything yet, but you hate him already.

Quote:
And what do you want to hear, what do you mean "What had he done?" isn't what he said and did over the last year enough already? Does there really need to be more even?
I would think so. Judging someone before he's done anything, is known as pre-judging, aka prejudice.

Quote:
Where's the line when one's allowed to judge him in your opinion?
There is no "allowed". Everybody gets to think and say what they want. I just question the concept of hating someone for what he's done when he hasn't actually done anything yet.

No, I don't like him either. My only argument was that "hate" is an awfully strong concept. He's not my first choice as President, or even my fourth. But hate? That needs a real reason.
Old 02-03-17, 01:38 AM   #1212
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Steve, one last time: He DID do enough already. Saying terrible things, from making false claims purposely, insulting other politicians due to their physical appearance, insulting EVERY SINGLE POW, making the wildest and most absurd racial slurs or talking about his daughter as if he wants to bed her - that is DOING something in my book and I'm sorry you, and others, don't give a damn and give this worthless scum a pass because "muh let's see!".

My whole point was and is him, his personality. People like that must not hold any sort of power as they betray everything our modern civilization should be. By accepting catastrophes like him, we commit an act of treason, we betray ourselves and we mark us hypocrites of the worst kind.

End of story for me.

Old 02-03-17, 02:35 AM   #1213
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I dunno, how did they do in the 80 odd years they were able to buy them before Obama took away their constitutional rights by imperial edict?
Seriously though, there's no problem with giving someone with severe mental illnesses access to firearms? This doesn't strike anyone as being a bad idea? You don't think that they might shoot themselves or someone around them?

EDIT: Oh, and how about that Bowling Green massacre then? Gun violence must be so bad over there that they didn't even bother reporting it!

Last edited by Oberon; 02-03-17 at 02:56 AM.
Old 02-03-17, 03:15 AM   #1214
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Old 02-03-17, 04:33 AM   #1215
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Still credit where it is due, thank you to the conservatives who joined with liberals to oppose HR621.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter