Closed Thread

Old 02-02-17, 03:30 PM   #1186
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I must say, it have been a very interesting read the last few days.

I don't know how to explain my thoughts about Trump and those who put their vote on Trump (I have absolutely nothing against them, if you should wonder)

There's a reason why Trump became so famous or better so strong.

An anti-trump can always point his or her finger at a pro-trump person and call that person awful things BUT, if this those person(s) keep on doing this and not solve the problems USA may have, which made Trump so famous or strong, this or those person could very well face a Candidate that is worse than Trump in the future.

It's like a disease where the doctor only treat the pain but not the disease itself. (I do NOT see Trump or other as a disease, I just want to give a-forgot the word)

Markus
Very true. However, the same can be said for the pro-Trump pointing a finger at the anti-Trump.

At this juncture Trump is not been given a chance. Second week in and the pitch forks are still out for blood. Obama was given his chance...TWICE. Trump can not get past a day. And we preach tolerance.
Old 02-02-17, 03:31 PM   #1187
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Well the call to Malcolm Turnbull of Australia went to hell in a hand basket real quick! I guess Trump thinks he can bully anyone, got to be so proud of our fearless leader,lol

"It should have been one of the most congenial calls for the new commander in chief — a conversation with the leader of Australia, one of America’s staunchest allies, at the end of a triumphant week.
Instead, President Trump blasted Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull over a refu­gee agreement and boasted about the magnitude of his electoral college win, according to senior U.S. officials briefed on the Saturday exchange. Then, 25 minutes into what was expected to be an hour-long call, Trump abruptly ended it.
At one point, Trump informed Turnbull that he had spoken with four other world leaders that day — including Russian President Vladi­mir Putin — and that “this was the worst call by far.”
Trump’s behavior suggests that he is capable of subjecting world leaders, including close allies, to a version of the vitriol he frequently employs against political adversaries and news organizations in speeches and on Twitter.
“This is the worst deal ever,” Trump fumed as Turnbull attempted to confirm that the United States would honor its pledge to take in 1,250 refugees from an Australian detention center.
Trump, who one day earlier had signed an executive order temporarily barring the admission of refugees, complained that he was “going to get killed” politically and accused Australia of seeking to export the “next Boston bombers.”
Trump returned to the topic late Wednesday night, writing in a message on Twitter: “Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!”
U.S. officials said that Trump has behaved similarly in conversations with leaders of other countries, including Mexico. But his treatment of Turnbull was particularly striking because of the tight bond between the United States and Australia — countries that share intelligence, support one another diplomatically and have fought together in wars including in Iraq and Afghanistan."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...mJc?li=BBnb7Kz

Al Capone
Old 02-02-17, 03:32 PM   #1188
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Never heard of it. I suspect it is a pro-Trump site since you're recommending it. Put it on the list, I am sure it's great.
No not really. I watch a bit on TV. It is not opinion news. From my experience the state it like it is and move on. There is no commentary.

Take a look. Let me know what you think:

http://www.oann.com
Old 02-02-17, 03:33 PM   #1189
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Well the call to Harold Brown of Australia went to hell in a hand basket real quick! I guess Trump thinks he can bully anyone, got to be so proud of our fearless leader,lol

"It should have been one of the most congenial calls for the new commander in chief — a conversation with the leader of Australia, one of America’s staunchest allies, at the end of a triumphant week.
Instead, President Trump blasted Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull over a refu­gee agreement and boasted about the magnitude of his electoral college win, according to senior U.S. officials briefed on the Saturday exchange. Then, 25 minutes into what was expected to be an hour-long call, Trump abruptly ended it.
At one point, Trump informed Turnbull that he had spoken with four other world leaders that day — including Russian President Vladi­mir Putin — and that “this was the worst call by far.”
Trump’s behavior suggests that he is capable of subjecting world leaders, including close allies, to a version of the vitriol he frequently employs against political adversaries and news organizations in speeches and on Twitter.
“This is the worst deal ever,” Trump fumed as Turnbull attempted to confirm that the United States would honor its pledge to take in 1,250 refugees from an Australian detention center.
Trump, who one day earlier had signed an executive order temporarily barring the admission of refugees, complained that he was “going to get killed” politically and accused Australia of seeking to export the “next Boston bombers.”
Trump returned to the topic late Wednesday night, writing in a message on Twitter: “Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!”
U.S. officials said that Trump has behaved similarly in conversations with leaders of other countries, including Mexico. But his treatment of Turnbull was particularly striking because of the tight bond between the United States and Australia — countries that share intelligence, support one another diplomatically and have fought together in wars including in Iraq and Afghanistan."

Man am I glad our immigration paperwork went through before Trump called.
Old 02-02-17, 03:35 PM   #1190
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Old 02-02-17, 03:57 PM   #1191
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Aussie land? Nice, remember to pack a shedload of sunscreen though, I hear it's already Nevada down there.
Old 02-02-17, 04:20 PM   #1192
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Interesting article. Might give our foreign friends a little insight without seeing it through the distorting lenses of the dem media.

Trump Is Doing Exactly What He Said He Would Do
http://thefederalist.com/2017/02/02/trump-exactly-said/

Quote:
Just about two weeks into his presidency, Donald Trump has already surprised Democrats and Republicans alike by doing one simple thing: Following through on his campaign promises. It is enraging Democrats and shocking Republicans. The only group not surprised? The “silent majority” who voted for him.By issuing several executive orders (EOs), including the one temporarily keeping refugees from specific countries from entering the United States, and now nominating Neil Gorsuch, who appears to be an intellectual twin to the late “originalist” Justice Antonin Scalia, to the Supreme Court, some conservatives are already considering this presidency a victory.

During much of the last year, conservative Twitter argued often about the concept of being #NeverTrump (hashtag and all). Many conservatives like myself were not keen on supporting Trump given his authoritarian and populist statements, but did hope he might nominate a more conservative justice, or thought he was more likely to do so than Hillary Clinton was.
Many participated in or observed dozens of debates along these lines. I was often and adamantly told by self-professed Never Trumpers that “Vote Trump because SCOTUS” was a terrible reason to support Trump. They claimed it was too one-note, or that SCOTUS is not of that much consequence, or that even if Trump nominated a conservative justice, anything else he might do could harm the republic more.
Without Scalia the Supreme Court has experienced some gridlock due to numbers and ideological makeup. Our way of life is often affected in big and small ways by the decisions the Supreme Court makes. (If you don’t think so, consider Roe v. Wade, Obergefell v. Hodges, or King v. Burwell.) Granted, Twitter is certainly not representative of the American political landscape at large, but even outside Twitter we saw a significant amount of heated political debate on whether to support Trump because of the very thing he did Tuesday night. To wit:

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 02-02-17, 05:17 PM   #1193
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Well the call to Malcolm Turnbull of Australia went to hell in a hand basket real quick! I guess Trump thinks he can bully anyone, got to be so proud of our fearless leader,lol

So far I'm with Trump on this. Tell me what does the U.S. get in return for taking 1250 "refugees" off the hands of the Australians.?
Old 02-02-17, 05:27 PM   #1194
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
So far I'm with Trump on this. Tell me what does the U.S. get in return for taking 1250 "refugees" off the hands of the Australians.?
I have to admit, I have been wondering the same thing. As I understand it, these are refugees who tried to get to Australia illegally and which Australia stuck in offshore detention camps for years.

Why doesn't Australia admit them?

It looks like the Australian Govt is looking for a politically convenient way to resolve their illegal immigration problem.
Old 02-02-17, 06:04 PM   #1195
Méo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
the reason why Subsim seems biased towards trump is simple: Most political sane people left over the years or simply learned that trying to roll rocks uphill is rather futile and stay silent.
I just get dragged back in again and again as well, only to see how futile it is trying to have a debate with people who don't want a debate, let alone find out the truth in the process of a debate, but just want to be right.
So, if everyone agreed with you, they would be politically sane? I see, I never knew opinion worked that way.
Probably misunderstood that, but from my point of view what I thought is that it's quite futile to try to debate with people with a closed mind.

This thread is not about arithmetics... it's about a much more complex and less tangible subject.

Therefore it always amaze me how some people with no experience in the field and with only a small part of information of the whole problem manage to find the perfect (and simple) solution to real complex situations (ex: foreign policy, and many more).

Futhermore, they don't even seem to be aware of the possibility that their opinion could be based on incomplete or biased information.

And this is indepedent of any political views.

Just my two cents...
Old 02-02-17, 06:44 PM   #1196
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
What kind of sorcery will happen in the coming 3 years that will grant China a war-capable navy?
That sorcery is called facts...

http://english.chinamil.com.cn/news-...nt_7169666.htm

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the...51-ships-16101

http://www.businessinsider.com/chine...IR=T&r=US&IR=T

Ship-to-ship the Chinese vessels may not yet be on par with their American counterparts but given another 5-6 years past 2020 then...ship-to-ship parity may be achieved.

But 2020 should give the American Navy a long pause before deciding to go to war with China at sea. This may encourage more aggressive maneuvering on the part of China though. Taiwan comes to mind.

If China was doing well Taiwan would not be in danger of an invasion but China is in a deep economic malaise that's not likely to be resolved by 2020.
Old 02-02-17, 06:59 PM   #1197
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Wonder how Putin will react when the time comes for the US to bomb Iran...I mean, Iran is an arms market, but then again it could be that he'll get Ukraine and Syria in return for looking the other way in Iran.
Old 02-02-17, 07:06 PM   #1198
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Oh, and repealing the regulation to prevent people with severe mental illnesses from buying firearms...no way that can backfire, eh?

https://bearingarms.com/beth-b/2017/...ty-disability/
Old 02-02-17, 09:16 PM   #1199
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Is this the sort of eugenics they teach at Prager University? And oriental? The 1870's called, they want their term back.

Look, I'll help you out. I a white guy, straight. So, the whole "inferior Chinaman" line isn't going to work. I am, however, a left-leaning (gasp), college professor (scream) that is married to a Jew (faints). The appropriate line of slurs is therefore a global, elitist, race traitor. I'm sure that Prager University has all kinds of suplemental material that will help you come up with all kinds of creative insults.

I look forward to reading them!
The bible says not to judge people by their outward appearance, but I do it without thinking and then repent.
I'm sorry I judged you by your name as being different than we are due to they really do have problems thinking the same as we do.

Discerning is learning and judging is trudging

Carry on with your left brain thoughts about Trump and I will watch and wait for his success to prove you wrong.

Tell me what names can we legally call you?

Pro this pro that or anti this and anti that?

I just prefer to be called for supper myself
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 02-02-17, 10:36 PM   #1200
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Your judgment is based on what you are certain he's going to do, based on what he has said he will do.
Ok seriously this crosses some line for me where I do not see a reason to continue.

I just explicitly said that what he did already is enough for me to form a strong opinion about him and be genuinely convinced that he is a terrible person.
I do not need you, or anyone, telling me "no you actually feel this/that and your opinion is unjustified".
That's not only disrespectful and patronizing, it is defeating the purpose of exchanging opinions altogether.

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter