SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-20, 09:06 PM   #1
Voxman
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Disappointed response and experience

I have tried without success to find out how to eliminate the annoying requirement of keeping the CD in the CD-Rom player in order to start the SH4 game. I had only one person reply and unfortunately we never quite managed to be on the same page of the issue....but I thank him immensely for replying.

I was just about to give up loading game on my new Win 10 PC when I thought as a long shot, I’d query google to see if I could find out anything. Low and behold the first thing that popped up was exactly what I was looking for. Come to find out that if I were to load the 1.5 version mod (or whatever you call it) that the CD is no longer required.
Now why couldn’t one of the hundreds of members on this forum tell me that?!
I wasn’t doing ANYTHING illegal because I had bought and paid for it then downloaded from Amazon years ago.
I can’t believe no one understood what I was asking... I really am at a complete loss to understand why members looked at the post but didn’t reply. Seems like an easy thing to do. I have to say I’m very disappointed as I had gotten good advice several times before and even posted a neat trick about loading and unloading torpedoes when tubes were damaged ( no one knew you could do that at that time). But it’s been years since I visited or needed forum advice and info. I don’t know if things have changed but I was lost trying to navigate through all the various sub forums and searches for what I needed. I don’t know why my searches turned up nothing...probably my confusion and not knowing where and how to post questions again.
Anyway it appears my problem is solved but I’ve got to say it wasn’t one of you... but my old friend google.
Sorry for the rather harsh remarks but I do feel left out in the dark here.
Gary
Voxman is offline   Reply With Quote