Closed Thread

Old 12-20-18, 07:06 PM   #6121
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Now the White House has asked the Pentagon to draw up plans for our complete withdrawal from Afghanistan for next year. On one side, I would be glad to be out of there, but the other part of me worries about AQ and ISIS setting up terrorist training camps again, which would endanger the whole world.

There are more ways to get a border wall than just by threatening democrats and their "toys".
Old 12-20-18, 07:18 PM   #6122
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

It will take Congress to get the money for the wall, not the Military. Trump can't control that, even if he thinks he can!

Al Capone
Old 12-20-18, 07:23 PM   #6123
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
Well atleast the drug farming cannot get any worse.

Got that right,lol I could care less if those people in Afghanistan want to go back to living in the dark ages, means nothing to me. But terrorist training camps and networks are a different matter. But have no idea as to how to go forward.Nothing has worked so far, the Afghan Army is a joke, so what do we do?

Al Capone
Old 12-20-18, 08:08 PM   #6124
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Atleast for us the drugs are about as big of a factor, that heroin farming buisness is no joke.

The irony is that drug production fell only when Taliban has been trying to get accepted as a legitimate goverment, right before the US invasion. This lead to many, many conspiracy theories (basically that Americans are trying to kill the Russian people by promoting the drug trade).
Old 12-20-18, 08:14 PM   #6125
eddie
Ocean Warrior

We have a heck of a big drug problem over here , so why would we promote more drugs? Doesn't make any sense.

Al Capone
Old 12-20-18, 08:16 PM   #6126
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
We have a heck of a big drug problem over here , so why would we promote more drugs? Doesn't make any sense.
I think the issue here is that the drug related farming is very profitable for the local farmers and US does not feel so inclined to anger said farmers as then they would go to Taliban, ISIS, etc.

Which is why, atleast in my understanding, US drug fighting measures in Afghanistan are, ehem, underwhelming.

For the obvious geographic reasons we get a lot of transit (and consumption) in a way it is like Cocaine and the Central/Southern America drug trade for the US.
Old 12-20-18, 08:29 PM   #6127
eddie
Ocean Warrior

The war on drugs will never be won, unless people stop taking them, no matter where they live. If demand for them stopped, production would stop. But that is not going to happen anytime soon, no matter what.

Al Capone
Old 12-21-18, 01:14 AM   #6128
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Now the Idiot CIC has ordered the withdrawal of 7,000 US troops from Afghanistan. Mueller's investigation plus the other investigations in to his business' is starting to make him become unhinged, like we didn't know that already,lol Poor Donnie boy is throwing one big tantrum, and there is no way Congress will pass a budget including $5 Billion for the wall, don't have the votes in the Senate to pass it, despite what they voted for in the House.

Al Capone
Old 12-21-18, 04:42 AM   #6129
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

^ This. And what does the president of the Polarized States of America?

Posting this.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...908608/video/1

I say it in German so that not the slightest doubt remains or gets lost in translation.

Einfach nur ein völlig vertrottelter, schwachsinniger, verblödeter Idiot, der mit den Füßen stampft wenn er die Bonbons nicht kriegt, die er haben will. Idiot, idiot, idiot.

What a blender. And half of the active American voters still fall for this zero. Not a compliment that is.

Think I can save myself from asking for a visum now, eh, Donald?

One message is crystal clear. The US is nobody anyone could trust for any reason anymore. Untrustworthy, unpredictable, unsolid. You have come a long way, dear America.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-21-18 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-21-18, 06:40 AM   #6130
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Defense Secretary James Mattis announced his resignation.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46640114
Old 12-21-18, 06:48 AM   #6131
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

One message is crystal clear. The US is nobody anyone could trust for any reason anymore. Untrustworthy, unpredictable, unsolid. You have come a long way, dear America.
There could well be some mileage in that....the British press are beginning to echo exactly that.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 12-21-18, 06:53 AM   #6132
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Yeah, if Mattis didn’t want to serve under Trump, that shows that Trump is a **** President.

#Mattis2020
Old 12-21-18, 08:01 AM   #6133
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Finally France and Germany and by extension the E.U. will finally have their chance to play a meaningful role in Syria! Last I heard the European Union is enforcing a so-called Blocking Statute to protect its firms operating in Iran from US sanctions against Iran. Which in turn will keep Iran wealthy enough to expand its influence all the way to the Mediterranean Sea. The way I see you can commit YOUR troops to stop them.

Its your jelly donut, you eat it.

edit: Russia has been in Syria since 1972. Its nothing new go home stop complaining and figure out what you should be doing

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-21-18 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-21-18, 08:17 AM   #6134
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

I for one applaud US pulling out of Syria. Let Assad get rid of the various terrorist rebel factions. Might actually bring some sort of order in the country.
Old 12-21-18, 09:31 AM   #6135
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Finally France and Germany and by extension the E.U. will finally have their chance to play a meaningful role in Syria! Last I heard the European Union is enforcing a so-called Blocking Statute to protect its firms operating in Iran from US sanctions against Iran. Which in turn will keep Iran wealthy enough to expand its influence all the way to the Mediterranean Sea. The way I see you can commit YOUR troops to stop them.

Its your jelly donut, you eat it.

edit: Russia has been in Syria since 1972. Its nothing new go home stop complaining and figure out what you should be doing
On the other hand US sanctions on Iran allow it to develop nuclear weapons with their delivery systems and actually theaten Europe.

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter