SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-12-21, 09:35 AM   #1
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313
Uploads: 0
Default Questions about U-boat .cfg parameter

In the U-boat .cfg file there is a string named " DiveDepth=300 " ( Just a sample ).

What this string affects? Is this the maximum depth at which the sub can dive before getting damaged?

Are there other variables affecting this parameter?

Thanks in advance!

PLANNED SCHEDULE ( Green = Done, Orange = In Progress, Purple = Not Yet Started, Red = Cancelled/Removed )

- Creating stand-alone mods activable via JSGME -- IN PROGRESS
- Creating a single folder containg all the modifications made activable via JSGME -- CANCELLED
- Creating all the needed " Change Log " files -- NOT YET STARTED
- Created and added in the TWoS_Parts folder a small separate mod named " MyKey " for my custom keybindings -- DONE
- Started initial planned modifications ( Files only ) -- IN PROGRESS
- Learning how to import 3D models with GR2, Goblin Editor,etc from S3D -- NOT YET STARTED
- Improving the Remove/Activate Sub Flags behaviour -- IN PROGRESS
- Improving the on-screen Warning Icons for orders -- IN PROGRESS
- Improving the crew voices routine -- IN PROGRESS
- Improving the aircraft DM, sounds, routines and fixing errors/glitches/bugs -- IN PROGRESS
- Random/Minor Fixes -- IN PROGRESS

Edit: Updated the " Planned Schedule " list -- Viktor Prien, 29 Jan 2021 at 19:28 CET ( GMT +1 )

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 01-29-21 at 01:28 PM.
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 10:09 AM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor_Prien View Post
In the U-boat .cfg file there is a string named " DiveDepth=300 " ( Just a sample ).

What this string affects? Is this the maximum depth at which the sub can dive before getting damaged?

Are there other variables affecting this parameter?

Thanks in advance!
That is the value for depth in meters for "dive" GUI command...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 10:14 AM   #3
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Danke Herr Kaleun!
Old 01-12-21, 10:23 AM   #4
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Sorry to bother you with another question mate...Where is located the file that controls what a certain officer will say? I mean...What is the file that tells to the game " Use this audio file, use that, etc...

*Ps: While working on the various files ( I use The Wolves of Steel Mod ) I've noted that there are some submarine parameters not set correctly ( better said the value is correct but what you get in the game is different ) plus some other stuffs missing from the current version of it. If you are interested about this reply here so we can keep the discussion in one place )

Salute!
Old 01-12-21, 10:48 AM   #5
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor_Prien View Post
Sorry to bother you with another question mate...Where is located the file that controls what a certain officer will say? I mean...What is the file that tells to the game " Use this audio file, use that, etc...

You mean audio files ect? Most of them are controlled trough the files in "Scripts" folder which isn't my strongest side...

Quote:
*Ps: While working on the various files ( I use The Wolves of Steel Mod ) I've noted that there are some submarine parameters not set correctly ( better said the value is correct but what you get in the game is different ) plus some other stuffs missing from the current version of it. If you are interested about this reply here so we can keep the discussion in one place )

Salute!
What exactly? Even if some of the values in files may appear strange, many of them have a good reason why are they set like that...Most of the time, realistic values in files will give us unrealistic behavior in the game and vice versa.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 11:03 AM   #6
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

The ones that I've found so far:

- In the .cfg of the U-boat of interest the periscope depth is set ( Correctly ) to 12 meters. In the game, somehow, you get about 11 meters.
I've changed it to 13 and now the boat dives to 12 meters correctly ( It like for the AI sub...You set a value but the game then acts differently in respect to the set parameter )

- Some of the U-boat speeds are slightly wrong ( Nothing big ), the crash depth is set to un-hystorical values ( 150 mt; It should be between 60 and 90 meeters instead )

- At least on my pc ( High End ) the smokes of the ships in the TWOS mod were resetting. To fix it I've edited the particles.dat and the particles_funnelsmoke accordingly and now the issue has been fully fixed ( ...and not a single issue with TWOS when enabled via JSGME ). If you need the files let me know it and I'll send you them.

- I'm also working on the Type VIIF ( It should be pretty easy to be done ) and i'm looking also to make the VIID ( Minelayer ). I work at these boats only in the spare time but they could be, possibly and when finished, a good new addition for TWOS mod ( Especially the VIIF for the Monsoon Campaign )

- Removing the text file when, after you enabled the characther free view, are displayed on the crew when you pass the mouse over them

I'm also working on some other stuffs. If you think you can be interested let's keep all the discussion here so it will be easy to keep all the material in one place.

My best regards and a big thanks for the TWSO mod. It's simply brilliant!!!!