SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-22, 04:18 PM   #1
RoyAn75
Swabbie

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0
Default Windows 11 reinstall - game stuck in pause

Had to reinstall Windows 11 due to the 22H2 update cause massive slow down. Formatted the SSD and installed Windows, then reinstalled SH4 from the installation disk. I do have multiple versions of the game already on the PC and all versions, including the newly installed SH4 are on a separate game HHD other than the system drive.

The game loads without any problem, I'm able to do everything you can until I load a patrol. When the patrol is loaded, the initial screen does not show the inside the of submarine, it is blacked out with "game paused" across the middle of it. The menus / buttons at the bottom of the screen are there but they do not work.

This occurs on all versions including the newly installed version of SH4 which leads me to suspect the problem is with Windows 11. I did have SH4 on Windows 10, which worked well, then upgraded to Windows 11, which also worked well until the 22H2 update. The only difference between then and now is that originally, Windows 10 was upgraded to Windows 11 whereas now, it is a clean version of Windows 11.

Using an AMD Radeon 6800 GPU

Event Viewer does not indicate any problems.

I appreciate your input
RoyAn75 is offline   Reply With Quote