SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-09-20, 07:40 AM   #1
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260
Uploads: 0
Default Plagued by aircraft attacks.

I know this my or may not be realistic but when I'm in time excel I can barely move before the time slows down because of an air attack.

Also let me say at this time I'm playing as a ship so can't dive, so just for this type of playing I was wondering if there was some setting to make the attacks less frequent, plus they don't add to the score lol?

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 07:51 AM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

The time slowdown when your radar man spots an air contact at 10 miles away depends on the mod you play, plus wether you have air radar installed or not.
To see wether a radar contact on your map is a plane, click on the contact and if you read 'speed very fast' then it's a plane and not a ship.

What I do with air radar contacts is: I determine the course, draw the course line on the map then I go flank at perpendicular route and I put a man at the flack gun if I think the plane will not spot me visually (else I crash-dive and I'm always in time), . In most cases I don't have to even dive (in FOTRSU). However losing patience and trying to slug it out with the plane can go terribly wrong if you are hit directly by a bomb

XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 11:39 AM   #3
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260
Uploads: 0

Hi XS,

As I said at the moment I'm playing as a ship so can't dive to evade, but my AA gunners seem very good and mostly shoot down the aircraft, some fly close but never attack.

I'm more concerned about trying to get from A - B quick and not have the time excel keep slowing because of these attacks that is what I'm asking.
Can the attacks be decreased somewhat in a settings somewhere real or not that is what I want?

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 11:59 AM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

As skipper of a surface vessel Col7777, it is your duty to see to it that all airplanes that attempt to do your ship and crew harm, are effectively countered, including is possible, shooting them down. You are to avoid any and all contact with the enemies' projected ordnance, and counter with a barrage of your own...

But seriously, you could try 'Webster's Better Air Patrols", which reduces their frequency, at the expense of them being more accurate. Or, download his file, and compare it to what you have in your game now, and adjust and experiment...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote