SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-01-13, 08:12 PM   #3121
jeffgordonfan1
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

So I've looked back about 20 pages and I can't find an answer so I figured I would ask, if I am currently half way through a career with OH 2.0 and want to install OH 2.1 do I have to start a new career? I hope not. :s
jeffgordonfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-13, 08:56 PM   #3122
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

It seems not, remembering what Trevally said, but you should wait to pass a next subcampaign starting for activating it in replacement
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 03:39 AM   #3123
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgordonfan1 View Post
So I've looked back about 20 pages and I can't find an answer so I figured I would ask, if I am currently half way through a career with OH 2.0 and want to install OH 2.1 do I have to start a new career? I hope not. :s
Welcome to the forum jeffgordonfan1

The most reliable way is to do changes of your mod list in the bunker/port after completing a mission.

1 Save the game in port
2 Exit SH5
3 Save your current mod list/JSGME mod profile
Whenever you want to change something in your mod list - remember to first save the current JSGME mod profile (.mep file)
In case the new one won't run and you want to go back to the current profile you can just re-load it.

Like this;

4 Deactivate this current JSGME mod list
5 Edit your JSGME mod list
The most convenient way to do changes in your mod list is to edit the JSGME (.mep) file. Go to where you keep your mod profiles (.mep) and open the current mod list.
You can open it with Note Pad - edit (
add/delete) whatever you want.
When adding a new mod to a mod profile make sure you add it with EXACTLY the same name as the mod you want to add (otherwise JSGME won't find the added mod and the list won't load).
A good way to add a new mod with the EXACTLY same name is to copy the mod's name from the mod's folder; right click on the mod's folder > click 'change name' (but don't change the name) > just copy the name - paste the name into the mod profile (.mep)
6 Save the mod profile (.mep) with a new name. Make sure you save it in .mep format or it won't work
7 Load the edited mod list in JSGME (make sure you have the new mod in your C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS folder )
8 Start SH5

This way you will always have a copy of a mod list that you know is working.
And, you can add/delete mods without having to remember the mod list load order.
And, you can test new mod lists safely.

Last edited by Silent Steel; 05-02-13 at 04:05 AM.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 02:06 PM   #3124
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Some shots -

the patch AI units falling through the sea floor is enabled

the patch is disabled

The patch should be disabled far from the border of the world's spawn area (40 km), I mean about 60-65 km from the subnets..

Thanks volodya
Old 05-02-13, 04:16 PM   #3125
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

@ Trevally

works on the Polish Navy are going on. A clone of the stock R class destroyer is now standing in for the Polish minelayer Gryf. In order to accomodate the new armament, I had to add several new bones to the model and since I was at it, I have corrected some mistakes made by devs. The two ships are not identical, but they look pretty similar, the main differences consisting in the presence of a forecastle, a thinner beam width, and funnel closer to the fore superstructure for the British destroyer:

ORP Gryf minelayer

SH5 R-class destroyer

I have also created the ait file for the new ship, with her SOAN historical information. Talking about an unit that we will meet only once in campaign, it seems good enough to me and I won't waste any more of my time on it.

Next unit will be the Bourrasue/Wicher-class destroyer. The ship looks pretty similar to the British Q-R and V/W classes, the main difference being in the number and shape of the funnels. Nonetheless a closer-looking model has already been done for SHIII:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=96411
and inported by Uekel for mtns.

Do you think we ask Uekel and jack_410 (author of the SHIII version) for permission to use it in OHII?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 08:13 PM   #3126
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Trevally,
For some reason, i had troubles running your last version on my rig...maybe too much stuff added VS 2.0
Got 3 unexpected CTDs (2 leaving Kiel - around 60Km far - and one in Dantzig bay) and some bad stuttering when accelerating a bit in open sea...
So i backed up V2.0
No big deal, i love V2.0 too!

My question is, if i may , would it be possible (with not that huge work hopefully?) to get a patch for V2.0 with those two V2.1 nice additions:
-Added new port in Spain Cadiz and Las Palmas
-Added new ability to resupply your boat from German supply ships docked neutral ports (Ferrol, Vigo, Cadiz & Las Palmas)

?
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 08:31 PM   #3127
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Next unit will be the Bourrasue/Wicher-class destroyer. The ship looks pretty similar to the British Q-R and V/W classes, the main difference being in the number and shape of the funnels. Nonetheless a closer-looking model has already been done for SHIII:

Do you think we ask Uekel and jack_410 (author of the SHIII version) for permission to use it in OHII?
You can use the Wicher from Expanded Navies if you want. It's represented by a Type-34 destroyer.

EDIT: Expanded Navies also has the Grom as a Tribal Destroyer.
Old 05-03-13, 09:53 AM   #3128
Choum
Sparky

Downloads: 343
Uploads: 3

Missing string in Name.cfg (Data/Rosters/) I Found during my translation of Open horizon

TRFELIXROUSSEL=Felix Roussel
LSMFPD=Marinefährprahm

This one is a stock bug but it should be fix

CVGRAFZEPPELIN=Graf Zeppelin Fleet Carrier

IF you use expanded Navies this one are missing too :

DDDRAUG=Draug Class Destroyer
DDDGROM=Grom Class Destroyer
DDWICHER=Wicher Class Destroyer
TRWILHEMGUSTLOFF=Wilhem Gustloff

Last edited by Choum; 05-03-13 at 05:37 PM.
Choum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-13, 04:13 AM   #3129
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
@ Trevally

works on the Polish Navy are going on. A clone of the stock R class destroyer is now standing in for the Polish minelayer Gryf. In order to accomodate the new armament, I had to add several new bones to the model and since I was at it, I have corrected some mistakes made by devs. The two ships are not identical, but they look pretty similar, the main differences consisting in the presence of a forecastle, a thinner beam width, and funnel closer to the fore superstructure for the British destroyer:

ORP Gryf minelayer

SH5 R-class destroyer

I have also created the ait file for the new ship, with her SOAN historical information. Talking about an unit that we will meet only once in campaign, it seems good enough to me and I won't waste any more of my time on it.

Thats great Gap

Quote:
hmm - not sure
Uekel is not replying to any PM

Perhaps we should use the offer from Cybermat?

Thanks Cybermat
Old 05-04-13, 04:24 AM   #3130
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choum View Post
Missing string in Name.cfg (Data/Rosters/) I Found during my translation of Open horizon

TRFELIXROUSSEL=Felix Roussel
LSMFPD=Marinefährprahm

This one is a stock bug but it should be fix

CVGRAFZEPPELIN=Graf Zeppelin Fleet Carrier
Thanks Choum

This fix by Choum will be added with the final patch for v2.1
Old 05-04-13, 10:05 AM   #3131
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:

Next unit will be the Bourrasue/Wicher-class destroyer. The ship looks pretty similar to the British Q-R and V/W classes, the main difference being in the number and shape of the funnels. Nonetheless a closer-looking model has already been done for SHIII

I correct myself: after a second look into both dat ships, I have to say that Uekel's unit is just a V and W class destroyer with one more funnel added, wereas jack_410's ship resambles much more closely the real thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
You can use the Wicher from Expanded Navies if you want. It's represented by a Type-34 destroyer.

EDIT: Expanded Navies also has the Grom as a Tribal Destroyer.
Thank you sir, I will gladly accept your kind proposal when/if needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
hmm - not sure
Uekel is not replying to any PM
That is a real pity. Uekel has done a great job with the new units, but as it is now, no many SH5 players can enjoy his mod. If only we could get in touch with him, imo porting his ships and planes to OHII one by one (for making sure that they won't burden too much the campaign) wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

Quote:
Perhaps we should use the offer from Cybermat?
The Bourrasque/Wicher class detsroyer is one of the very few French warships that have been done for SH5. They served in the French, in the Free French, in the Polish, and even in the British and (for few months) in the Italian navies. Given their wide usage, I think that inporting a better model in SH5 is worth the effort.

I will start importing jack_410's ship, and if I succeed, we will ask him and the GWX team (which also used the ship) for permission to use her into SH5 campaign.

Do you agree?
Old 05-04-13, 10:45 AM   #3132
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Do you agree?
Old 05-04-13, 12:28 PM   #3133
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
starting to work on it right away

P.S: should I send you the minelayer, so that you can start adding it to the campaign, or do you prefer getting all the new Polish ships in a single pack as soon as all of them will be ready?
Old 05-04-13, 01:19 PM   #3134
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
starting to work on it right away

P.S: should I send you the minelayer, so that you can start adding it to the campaign, or do you prefer getting all the new Polish ships in a single pack as soon as all of them will be ready?
All at the same time thaks Gap

I have a lot of work to keep me busy anyway
A new uboat base and port - as the port is closer to Danzig, I can set the start date back to the 1st of Sept again
New missions with the port recce to trigger air raids
Mine layers to trigger mine fields
fFix some issues with French ports and I think I may remove the type II boats again - I am not sure about them and wary of ctds

Old 05-04-13, 01:33 PM   #3135
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Just noticed the date - its StarWars day

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii