SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-09-13, 06:27 PM   #61
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I think that the best way to do it, is releasing your mod in two parts, V13:

- increased KGuns ranges;
- decreased DC blast radius.

In this way everyone can install the part(s) which fits his own taste
I will do that today, I will create a second version and upload it using MediaFire.

But I have to get back home, which in about 7 more hours.

And like Vanila said, if the ships could be programmed to speed up after they roll the charges of the backs, this could solve the problem.

Or if a minimum target depth could be set, for example if a sub is in too hallow waters, the ship would use just it's KGuns and not it's racks, but this is just a suggestion.
V13dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-13, 09:26 AM   #62
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

I'm sorry, but this will have to wait until the weekend, because I have quite some work that I need to work to do.

I promise I'll have it done by the weekend.
Old 06-16-13, 03:07 AM   #63
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

New update released, see post 1.
Old 08-21-13, 11:22 AM   #64
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Hm, my destroyers still kicking their asses , even with this fix...Maybe i need some other mod also for this mod to work properly ? Modlist is in the attachment...
Attached Files
File Type: txt Activated mods list.txt (2.3 KB, 7 views)
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 11:59 AM   #65
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Hm, my destroyers still kicking their asses , even with this fix...Maybe i need some other mod also for this mod to work properly ? Modlist is in the attachment...
I advise you to read through whole this thread..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 01:11 PM   #66
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
I advise you to read through whole this thread..
Yeah, tnx...I see now what you are trying to say...
Old 08-21-13, 01:45 PM   #67
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Yeah, tnx...I see now what you are trying to say...
Yes, the solution of this issue is not so simple.. at the moment, if we want to get damage from DCs then DDs also will be damaged.. maybe someday TDW will fix it.. but for now, no..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-13, 06:05 AM   #68
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

Right now this mod will stop the destroyers damaging themselves as long as the DD is attacking a target below 50 meters deep, other than that, the depth charge will not have enough range to cause much harm.

I have done extensive testing on this, and the DD's don't often harm themselves if the target is very deep, like the Player who will often dive to depths in excess of 60 meters he will not be likely to damage himself, this is a stop gap measure until someone with the required skill can script the DD's to use their charges more wisely.

And some clarification of the DS.store debacle on previous pages, this is is NOT visible on a Mac on which I do all of my Zip-ing and uploading, I have screenshots of the DS store not being there on the dates of when the incident arose if they are needed.

An Extract from Wikipedia
".DS_Store (Desktop Services Store)is a proprietary format hidden file created by Aplle Inc's Mac OSX Operating system to store custom attributes of a folder such as the position of icon or the choice of a background image."

"Another common issue is that .DS_Store files are included in archives (such as ZIP) created by OS X users, together with other hidden files and directories. Users of other operating systems can then see those hidden files, and those can also cause problems when the archive structure is important."

I hope this clears up any previous tensions.
Because I could NOT see this on my OSX machine.

Last edited by V13dweller; 08-28-13 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-15-13, 12:07 PM   #69
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by V13dweller View Post
Right now this mod will stop the destroyers damaging themselves as long as the DD is attacking a target below 50 meters deep, other than that, the depth charge will not have enough range to cause much harm.
Hey V13dweller, When you have some spare time please try R.S.D. v5.5 + R.S.D. - Depth Charges Fix_attempt 1 and tell me what you think...
Also, can someone explain to me why damage range of DC is affected by explosion range value from DC barrels .sim file?
Shouldn't that value affect only shake effects or something? I thought that all damage parameters are defined in .zon files...
Old 12-16-13, 03:59 AM   #70
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

I am very sorry, but I no longer have Silent Hunter 5 installed, for a long time actually. I have been very busy with work of all sorts and my PC's SSD's needed room for other things.

I am unsure if I will be able to help any further.

This mod only help destroyers from damaging themselves, but I this is only a basic fix as the destoyers often steam very slowly while dropping charges blowing themselves up and by reducing the explosion range anything attacks below 50 meters should not damage the destroyer.

Ships attacking AI subs are not benefited by this much if not at all as they do not dive very deep, especially the U-class sub.

One of the only reasons I still hang here is because I enjoy helping people and sharing my (aging) knowledge of this game with other.

My knowledge on the damage radius's are very sketchy as I used trial and error as my testbed and my usual modding is not in this format and is usually in rule.ini format for RTS games. So this mod may be completely off but the thing is, I did my best.

Last edited by V13dweller; 12-16-13 at 04:09 AM.
Old 12-16-13, 05:22 AM   #71
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

thank you very much V13dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by V13dweller View Post
I did my best.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote