SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-10-21, 11:01 AM   #841
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor_Prien View Post
Fresh new install everything untouched, patcher untouched, no additional mods activated. ( TWoS full install files re-downloaded from here: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=210703 )
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Also, please perform a quick test. Dive to any depth in any mission and command "ahead standard" for example . Does your main speed indicator always stays one step behind compared to the selected speed? Throw a few screenshots of this as well...
Any feedback regarding this quick test?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 05:52 PM   #842
motorious
Watch

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
Support Issue with the TWoS install

Hi All,

It's been a loooong while that I've been out of commission. Started SH5 back up after watching Greyhound.

Installed it fresh from Uplay, installed the TWoS file as per instructions and ran the Generic File Patcher, followed instructions, but got this error:

I carried on through and completed the patching and instead of 9 patches, I only got 8:

I tried removing everything, clearing cache etc. and reinstalling, and the same thing happens. And when I try to start the game I get this error:

Please help!

Thanks
motorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 06:23 PM   #843
Muckenberg
Planesman

Downloads: 527

Good day
one of the problems may be that you have Ubisoft connect activated when generating the Generic patcher. Try turning it off.
Muckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 06:57 PM   #844
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckenberg View Post
Good day
one of the problems may be that you have Ubisoft connect activated when generating the Generic patcher. Try turning it off.
Open Ubisoft Connect, select being offline, as well as shutting off it being allowed to auto update ANY thing at all.. then see to reinstalling & running TWoS to set up to the fresh install of SH5 from Steam.

This should resolve the issues your facing.

M. M.

Old 02-10-21, 07:26 PM   #845
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313

Quote:
Any feedback regarding this quick test?
Yep yesterday I've done all the requested tests but today I was very busy ( and I'm arrived just some moments ago at home ) so I didn't have the time to upload/edit the images.
Tomorrow I'm at home, I'll report all the requested material

Here they are. ( I've uploaded them now I do not like to let wait people )

Notes

- No mods activated
- SOAN disabled for quick loading
- Same flag behaviour and same single mission reported previously. Faint navigation map markings. ( No black ones by default )
- SH3 Hud ( Enabled via OFEV )
- In OFEV several options changed following my game preferences ( Mainly about hotkeys and visible HUD stuffs )
- Patcher vanilla ( Completely untouched )
- TWoS Mod vanilla ( Completely untouched )
- Click on the images to enlarge them

Patcher

JSGME

In-game, Ahead Standard, Both speed dial modes, Surfaced

In-game, Ahead Standard, Both speed dial modes, Persiscope Depth
*Images in sequence from top to bottom exactly as I've pressed the switch button below the speed dial after that I've initially ordered " Periscope depth, ahead standard ".

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 02-10-21 at 08:20 PM.
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 07:30 PM   #846
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Quote:
Good day
During/before the installation of TWoS, as indicated in a tutorial I've found on Steam, both Steam and the Ubisoft Connect were both fully closed ( Double checked also the tray icon several times before starting the installation procedure )

In addition I've noted that if you have already installed on your PC Ubisoft Connect the old U-play is not installed at all on the PC ( That is good IMHO ) even when downloading/install the vanilla game from Steam for the first time.
Old 02-10-21, 07:34 PM   #847
motorious
Watch

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Open Ubisoft Connect, select being offline, as well as shutting off it being allowed to auto update ANY thing at all.. then see to reinstalling & running TWoS to set up to the fresh install of SH5 from Steam.

This should resolve the issues your facing.

M. M.

Hey, I selected being offline, then installed TWoS and the generic patcher, and the same thing happened.
motorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 03:10 AM   #848
Muckenberg
Planesman

Downloads: 527

Quote:
Yep yesterday I've done all the requested tests but today I was very busy ( and I'm arrived just some moments ago at home ) so I didn't have the time to upload/edit the images.
Tomorrow I'm at home, I'll report all the requested material

Here they are. ( I've uploaded them now I do not like to let wait people )

Notes

- No mods activated
- SOAN disabled for quick loading
- Same flag behaviour and same single mission reported previously. Faint navigation map markings. ( No black ones by default )
- SH3 Hud ( Enabled via OFEV )
- In OFEV several options changed following my game preferences ( Mainly about hotkeys and visible HUD stuffs )
- Patcher vanilla ( Completely untouched )
- TWoS Mod vanilla ( Completely untouched )
- Click on the images to enlarge them

Patcher

JSGME

In-game, Ahead Standard, Both speed dial modes, Surfaced

In-game, Ahead Standard, Both speed dial modes, Persiscope Depth
*Images in sequence from top to bottom exactly as I've pressed the switch button below the speed dial after that I've initially ordered " Periscope depth, ahead standard ".

Good day
I looked at my GP in the game for comparison and I have to ask. Why do you have all patches turned off? Did you do that or is it like this after activating GP?
Muckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 04:52 AM   #849
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Patcher

Quote:
Good day
I looked at my GP in the game for comparison and I have to ask. Why do you have all patches turned off? Did you do that or is it like this after activating GP?
The question is absolutely in place. No wonder that your game is not working correctly Viktor. All of your generic patches are disabled from some reason?? Did you read pdf install instructions? You have to restore the snapshot in order to properly activate GP...

Last edited by vdr1981; 02-11-21 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-11-21, 04:54 AM   #850
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorious View Post
Hey, I selected being offline, then installed TWoS and the generic patcher, and the same thing happened.
Same for you Sir...Install instructions, especially "If you own ubisoft connect/digital download version" part...
Happy hunting!

Last edited by vdr1981; 02-11-21 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-11-21, 05:08 AM   #851
vdr1981
Navy Seal

SHO

Quote:
Good day
GP has files stored that the game will be on C / Ubisoft / Silent Hunter5
You have the game stored elsewhere. You have modified the GP path to the game in cfg. files? Looks like no.
Not really. TWoS installer has a small app which will automatically recognise sh5 install path and generate apropriate gp cfg file with correct game location...
Old 02-11-21, 02:08 PM   #852
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Quote:
The question is absolutely in place. No wonder that your game is not working correctly Viktor. All of your generic patches are disabled from some reason?? Did you read pdf install instructions? You have to restore the snapshot in order to properly activate GP...
Done as indicated. I've restored the patcher snapshot and everything looks normal now ( Patches enabled in light blue ).
Strange somehow that also if officially disabled they were all working as per normal. ( At least in campaign missions )
Somehow, at least on my pc to let it work as planned ( Patches enabled in light blue ) I have to restore the snapshot manually otherwise, by default, after the fresh TWoS automatic installation, they are instead, as you have seen in my previous screenshots, all disabed ( but all working for some reason )
Old 02-11-21, 02:19 PM   #853
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

...somehow some of the patches options seems to be still disabled. Can you double-check if they match with your? ( If no please indicate to me which one/s I have still to enable, thanks )

Here are mine current ones, I have opened only the still disabled ones, everythink else is enabled ( Click to enlarge the images )
In particular I'm interested about the one enabling the aircraft carriers and air bases able to spawn aircraft because in the readme file it says: " Place the folder SM_Carrier_Aircraft_Testing in your \MODS folder and enable via JSGME to test carriers spawning aircraft.
Place the folder SM_Airbase_Testing in your \MODS folder and enable via JSGME to test airbases spawning aircraft " but I do not know if they have been already included in TWoS or not and the ones about the 0 and 60 meters per second wind speeds. ( Are there any bad effects enabling this ones both or just one must be enabled? )

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 02-11-21 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-11-21, 03:21 PM   #854
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Strange somehow that also if officially disabled they were all working as per normal. ( At least in campaign missions )
Don't get me wrong but that's not how GP work and I really can not see how could that be possible. Patches are enabled or disabled, they either work or don't, there is no third option...

Quote:
Can you double-check if they match with your?
Of course they are the same.That's the whole point of the snapshot...
Old 02-11-21, 03:27 PM   #855
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Ok thanks mate but so the aircraft carriers and the other stuffs indicated above can be enabled or not???