SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-20-20, 10:23 AM   #631
PatKos17
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propnut17 View Post
When you have done several re-installations I would suggest running the CCleaner application to remove any parts of your SH5 after you have uninstalled it. Remember to select the Registry cleaning side of the program as well as deleting the SH5 directory you will find under "My Documents". You will also have to manually delete your UBISOFT directory and all that hangs off it.

Only after a computer re-boot can you sit down and do a complete re-installation of SH5. Any attempt of any Mods should be done only after running the vanilla SH5 to see that all is working. Now you can load the official upgrade to Version 1.2.0 and any further Mods like TWoS. Good luck.
Hi again,
ok, so I tried again but still have the same problem I showed in the first post (maybe a small diffference is I can walk with these "windows" in the bunker.

I made a screenshots of JSGM and folder with the game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (91.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (56.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-20-20, 04:06 PM   #632
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatKos17 View Post
Hi again,
ok, so I tried again but still have the same problem I showed in the first post (maybe a small diffference is I can walk with these "windows" in the bunker.

I made a screenshots of JSGM and folder with the game.
I'd say that you have a problems with your administration rights, drive write protection or something similar. You are missing whole bunch dragables.TDW files in your main game folder which game should create automatically. Try to reinstall the game but this time use D partition and full administration rights...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-20, 01:59 PM   #633
Kraft
Nub

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

1. Win 10 64bit, i5 6600k, 16GB Ram, RX480 8GB Vram
2. Uplay SH5 1.2 with WoS v2.2.19_Full (I replaced the Uplay .exe with the disk one as told by the instructions)
3. Confirm that your game is updated to official v1.2.0 version and that the vanilla game works without problems. I confirmed.
4. I have no non-TWoS mods.
5. I did install instruction step 2.

I also saved then reloaded from menu after the campaign put me in the bunker.
During install and every game launch I use admin rights.

I hope you can help me I've spent well over 2-3 days trying to get this game to work but to no avail so far.

8. My Problems:

! 1. The binoculars (Keyboard: B) stop working, ie they don't show up anymore when I press the button. The last time this happened it was after diving and coming back up, I do not know if that's important. This happens to me after about 30min/1hour of actual game time in the first mission. Binocs work perfectly up until the point where they don't show up anymore... my Kapitän probably lost them to the waves or something.. very annoying as I do not like to use the UZO.

! 2. Speaking of, my UZO often jumps from (x6?)magnification no zoom level and it takes a lot of agressive back and forth scrolling to get it back to its normal magnification, which is very annoying when trying to time stuff! Is there a way to stop this from happening??
The same problem persists with the periscopes which is also very annoying when trying to use the stadimeter(?) because it happenes atleast once that my zoom gets stuck in a back and forth with me scrolling against whatever the game is trying to do to put me back to no zoom. This makes engaging the destroyers in the first mission a complete nightmare due to their speed.

! 3. Probably my biggest grievance.. my ability to switch to my mouse cursor to select stuff, like the identication book, the officers, speed, heading and dive commands etc just disappears. I have to leave the scope and get back on it or open the map, close it again to get the ability back to switch to my mouse. The usual right click just does nothing at after some point and I do not know what causes it because it works other times. This also happenes when not looking through scopes etc but far far less often and it's not a big problem then because I do not lose track of something or miss my clock by opening and closing the map real quick.
This means getting data and putting it into the tdc is hardly doable without alteast 3-4 times going out and back into the scope to fix my mouse.

! 4. Something that also happens but that's fairly minor as I have a workaround is that I cannot go through the "horizontal hatches" in the uboat about 1/5 times, the vertical ones work fine.
The view "crouches down" as if it's working but I just look at the hatch opening and can't get through. Workaround that I have found that fixes it for some time: close and open hatch, after that going through it works again.

Reloading a save does not fix anything.

I have completely wiped the game several times and reinstalled but the bug(s) appear everytime and happen so often that it's fairly hard to enjoy the game when I have to fight it everytime I want to do something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WOSproblem.jpg (19.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png Genericmod.PNG (8.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Kraft; 07-21-20 at 06:11 PM.
Kraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 05:11 PM   #634
petecaler
Swabbie

Downloads: 104
Default Interesting Issue in 2.2.19 Possible Radio Bug?

So I was in the second happy time portion of the campaign finishing up tanker alley in late August 1942. All of a sudden I can no longer view received radio messages in fact if I click on the icon to bring up the messages window nothing happens at all. I backtracked to my earliest save (wasn't to far back as I don't let them build up but it was before the issue occurred) and still have the same issue. I only use the mods in the WoS download so I know it cant be a mod issue. Only other thing that may have caused it is before it happened I used the phonograph and radio options for the first time in game round to test out a new set of headphones. I did wrap up the happy times campaign with no radio (just sent reports every few days, that worked) to advance and see if that would reset it to no avail. Anybody have any ideas on what my fix may be? Thanks.
petecaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 08:01 PM   #635
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Kraft!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-20, 02:15 PM   #636
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecaler View Post
So I was in the second happy time portion of the campaign finishing up tanker alley in late August 1942. All of a sudden I can no longer view received radio messages in fact if I click on the icon to bring up the messages window nothing happens at all. I backtracked to my earliest save (wasn't to far back as I don't let them build up but it was before the issue occurred) and still have the same issue. I only use the mods in the WoS download so I know it cant be a mod issue. Only other thing that may have caused it is before it happened I used the phonograph and radio options for the first time in game round to test out a new set of headphones. I did wrap up the happy times campaign with no radio (just sent reports every few days, that worked) to advance and see if that would reset it to no avail. Anybody have any ideas on what my fix may be? Thanks.

Hi petecaler

Do you alt-tab occasionally active game? Upload one gamesave in which problem can be observed...
What's going on in historical missions?
Old 07-25-20, 03:51 PM   #637
petecaler
Swabbie

Hi vdr,

I tried twice loading a historical test game (first time, I've always played campaigns) and it crashed to desktop both times. I never alt tab, I do a full restart before every session with nothing running in the background. I usually save every couple of game days, submerged with no ships around. Also I TC up to 256 only. I don't quite know where the save file can be found and what file type they are. Thanks for any advice you can give me!
Old 07-26-20, 05:50 AM   #638
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Hi vdr,

I tried twice loading a historical test game (first time, I've always played campaigns) and it crashed to desktop both times.
That really doesn't sound right. You may wish to completely reinstall your game+mod but make sure to carefully read install instructions.
Old 07-26-20, 06:11 AM   #639
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
! 2. Speaking of, my UZO often jumps from (x6?)magnification no zoom level and it takes a lot of agressive back and forth scrolling to get it back to its normal magnification, which is very annoying when trying to time stuff! Is there a way to stop this from happening??
The same problem persists with the periscopes which is also very annoying when trying to use the stadimeter(?) because it happenes atleast once that my zoom gets stuck in a back and forth with me scrolling against whatever the game is trying to do to put me back to no zoom. This makes engaging the destroyers in the first mission a complete nightmare due to their speed.
This can happen sometimes but from what I know it's no way near your experience. In my case, one mouse scroll solves the problem almost every time...

Quote:
! 3. Probably my biggest grievance.. my ability to switch to my mouse cursor to select stuff, like the identication book, the officers, speed, heading and dive commands etc just disappears. I have to leave the scope and get back on it or open the map, close it again to get the ability back to switch to my mouse. The usual right click just does nothing at after some point and I do not know what causes it because it works other times. This also happenes when not looking through scopes etc but far far less often and it's not a big problem then because I do not lose track of something or miss my clock by opening and closing the map real quick.
This means getting data and putting it into the tdc is hardly doable without alteast 3-4 times going out and back into the scope to fix my mouse.
Just hit "num enter" two times quickly to unstuck your left mouse click. Read carefully included TWoS quick start manual for more useful tips...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraft View Post

8. My Problems:

! 1. The binoculars (Keyboard: B) stop working, ie they don't show up anymore when I press the button. The last time this happened it was after diving and coming back up, I do not know if that's important. This happens to me after about 30min/1hour of actual game time in the first mission. Binocs work perfectly up until the point where they don't show up anymore... my Kapitän probably lost them to the waves or something.. very annoying as I do not like to use the UZO.

Quote:
! 4. Something that also happens but that's fairly minor as I have a workaround is that I cannot go through the "horizontal hatches" in the uboat about 1/5 times, the vertical ones work fine.
The view "crouches down" as if it's working but I just look at the hatch opening and can't get through. Workaround that I have found that fixes it for some time: close and open hatch, after that going through it works again.
These two problems are unknown to me and I never encountered them. You should be aware that binoculars can not be used while on "deck awash" due to engine limitations...
Old 07-26-20, 06:57 PM   #640
petecaler
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
That really doesn't sound right. You may wish to completely reinstall your game+mod but make sure to carefully read install instructions.
vdr,

Did a complete install and reinstall following your set up notes to the letter as I have always done because you've been spot on on how to successfully mod the game. (ubiplay was a pain to get around). It really surprised me that the radio icon is still unresponsive in both the campaign and historical missions which both load pretty quickly with no issues. Do you think it may be a registry issue? Im just flummoxed at this point.
Old 07-28-20, 01:47 PM   #641
Kraft
Nub

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Just hit "num enter" two times quickly to unstuck your left mouse click. Read carefully included TWoS quick start manual for more useful tips...

You should be aware that binoculars can not be used while on "deck awash" due to engine limitations...
Thank you very much.

Yes the mouse scroll thing seems to be a driver/hardware thing, it happens a lot more on my laptop than on my pc.
Kraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 02:32 AM   #642
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3
Default VisualDamage controller

Hi Vecko,

I have this little recurring problem that persists through several reinstallations of TWoS on two different computers (so probably not specific computer related): damage decals painted by VisualDamage controller do not appear in my game. GR2 damage decals work fine.

Both laptops I installed TWoS on are on Windows 7, haven't tried on other systems, so might be Win7 related for all I know, or NVIDIA related (GT630M and GT330M on these laptops), or some mistake I keep doing during installation perhaps? Other than that, everything seems to work fine but no matter how many times I reinstall I just can't get these .dat damage decals.

Last edited by kapuhy; 07-31-20 at 05:35 AM.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 09:08 AM   #643
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Hi Vecko,

I have this little recurring problem that persists through several reinstallations of TWoS on two different computers (so probably not specific computer related): damage decals painted by VisualDamage controller do not appear in my game. GR2 damage decals work fine.

Both laptops I installed TWoS on are on Windows 7, haven't tried on other systems, so might be Win7 related for all I know, or NVIDIA related (GT630M and GT330M on these laptops), or some mistake I keep doing during installation perhaps? Other than that, everything seems to work fine but no matter how many times I reinstall I just can't get these .dat damage decals.
You mean torpedo/gun shells holes? I see them occasionally on imported .dat ships but quite rarely. Not sure is this due to ship type or something else. IIRC, NC_Waziristan will show visible hull damage. If I stumble up on some more I'll let you know so you can then compare the files if you like...

Last edited by vdr1981; 07-31-20 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-31-20, 02:11 PM   #644
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

1. Windows 10 Home Edition, Acer Nitro 5, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1650, Intel 15-9300H processor, and 512 GB SSD

2. I use the Uplay download version of the game. Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Gold Edition

3. The vanilla game works without problems and my game is patched to version 1.2

4. JSGME Screenshot:

My issue is that my watch crew doesn't inform me of spotting an aircrat or a ship until it is too late. My sub is blown to pieces. All I hear is the sound of a shell pierecing my hull and my crew screaming that my components are destroyed.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 12:38 PM   #645
petecaler
Swabbie

Default Still no radio in WOS

Quote:
vdr,

Did a complete install and reinstall following your set up notes to the letter as I have always done because you've been spot on on how to successfully mod the game. (ubiplay was a pain to get around). It really surprised me that the radio icon is still unresponsive in both the campaign and historical missions which both load pretty quickly with no issues. Do you think it may be a registry issue? Im just flummoxed at this point.
Ive spent the last week trying to fix this, I think at this point the the game is not recoverable at this point and I will just have to wait for the next mod version to see if it sorts itself out as a full reinstall does not fix the issue.