SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-11-13, 07:47 AM   #1066
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Ok, problem is gone...i deactivated latest radio patches, and everything is fine again with 0.21

So those 2 radio patches are not working (on my rig at least) even giving CTD sometimes...
Great find Fifi, you saved my day(or month ), you should post this in the generic patcher thread also.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 10:10 PM   #1067
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
All i can say to help you, is my tests were using TDW torpedo single mission (with 1 liberty ship running 5 knots) and SM20 single mission (with 3 boats all stopped - 1 cimmaron 1 CS1B and the other don't recall the english name)
All those boats were like on the screen above, huge explosion from bow to stern never ending...
FX 0.21 or FX 0.22 the same issue. But sometimes CTD with 0.21...not with 0.22.

Now i've tested my whole mod list using FX 0.22 and FX_Update_0_0_22_Torpedoes (modified for torpedoes failure patches), and all is fine WITH radio patches deactivated.
As soon as i reactivate radio patch ---> issue back again.

Hope this helps to track what's wrong with generic patcher
(tried to run debug when had the CTD issue with 0.21, but nothing clear appear about the CTD - just debug list ends without problem reported)
What exactly happens/doesn't happen? I have no problems at all with any of my patches enabled (except for the Advanced users ones)
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 10:39 PM   #1068
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Ok, strangely, 90% of time when boat is destroyed/abandonned (when the red flare is fired) a huge explosion happens with all the boat in flames (like my screen above) and it's burning for ever...like if the burning animation was stuck.
Only happens with your radio patches enabled
Without, no prob.
PS: using current list in sig
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-13, 08:53 AM   #1069
vdr1981
Navy Seal

And it looks like this...Shortly after that CTD is imminent .

Old 08-17-13, 11:45 AM   #1070
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Hm, after some testing i'm pretty sure that new FX 0.0.22 cause CTD when unit is destroyed, tested in TDW torp tutorial mission, enleast on my rig...
Old 08-18-13, 05:17 PM   #1071
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

TDW, I just revised my mods 'warehouse' and downloaded last FXU 0.0.22.. maybe these two mods (FX Update 0.0.22 Stock Torpedoes (modified for torpedoes failure patches), FX Update 0.0.22 Stock Torpedoes - MagDet range 3m (modified for torpedoes failure patches)) should be removed from the FXU.. I've edited them for the stock game only..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 11:11 PM   #1072
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
And it looks like this...Shortly after that CTD is imminent .
Thank you Fifi and vdr1981.
I'm having the exact same thing. This is happening if I use more than one torpedo or anytime the ship suffers a catastrophic explosion. The explosion graphic freezes then a CTD. I usually have enough time to save. I do not currantly have any of the torpedo failure patches enabled. I am getting these about half the time. Mostly when I use more than one torpedo. I disabled the "one ship,one torpedo" mod (I tried both types) and I tried using "Critical Hits..." mod (Both types). It doesn't seem as bad if I use stock (unmodded) torpedo's but I then have to use 5 or 10 torpedos to sink a rowboat. I am trying differant mod and patch configurations but just when I think I've got it solved it happens again. It's best so far with unmodded torpedo hits.
I have "Critical Hits v1.2" installed at the moment. I fear it's not going to help though.
D40

Last edited by Dogfish40; 08-18-13 at 11:26 PM.
Dogfish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 11:44 PM   #1073
Katze
Loader

Downloads: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
Thank you Fifi and vdr1981.
I'm having the exact same thing. This is happening if I use more than one torpedo or anytime the ship suffers a catastrophic explosion. The explosion graphic freezes then a CTD. I usually have enough time to save. I do not currantly have any of the torpedo failure patches enabled. I am getting these about half the time. Mostly when I use more than one torpedo. I disabled the "one ship,one torpedo" mod (I tried both types) and I tried using "Critical Hits..." mod (Both types). It doesn't seem as bad if I use stock (unmodded) torpedo's but I then have to use 5 or 10 torpedos to sink a rowboat. I am trying differant mod and patch configurations but just when I think I've got it solved it happens again. It's best so far with unmodded torpedo hits.
I have "Critical Hits v1.2" installed at the moment. I fear it's not going to help though.
D40
Good news, this bug was squashed with Generic Patcher v1.0.148.0 on 08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Problem was an intermittent one and I was finally able to figure out what was going on (it was some of my new code). Problem has been fixed.

v1.0.148.0 released. See post #1

Starting with v1.0.148.0 fixed intermittent bug in Units must use radio patch that could cause endless animation looping and possible CTD.
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-13, 08:34 AM   #1074
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katze View Post
Good news, this bug was squashed with Generic Patcher v1.0.148.0 on 08-13-2013

Katze, Without people like you I would never get my problems solved, Thank you very much.
I really thought I had the latest version however, my memory does not always cooperate and I probably focused too much on the FX mod. When I tried disabling the Radio patches as I read below in this thread, TDW had already updated the patcher.
Sehr Gut
Danke
D40

Last edited by Dogfish40; 08-19-13 at 12:03 PM.
Dogfish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 10:30 AM   #1075
vdr1981
Navy Seal

I'm still having CTD problem with FX 0.0.22... I'm not so sure yet, but it looks like it's something from "Sea" folder that cause problems.

Also, what is the point of zones.cfg file from FX update mod when later is overwriten by OHII campaign in most modlists (Sober's , Fifi's ect.)?

And i have one more question about zones.cfg file...What is defined in this file? Is it damage data (hitpoints, armor)for AI units only or there are some settings for playable submarines too?
Old 08-26-13, 12:34 PM   #1076
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Also, what is the point of zones.cfg file from FX update mod when later is overwriten by OHII campaign in most modlists (Sober's , Fifi's ect.)?
TDWs FX mod need a new zone file as he add things to ships
OHII uses the PT boat and mines made by TDW that also need a zone file

If you used any of these two mods without the other and one did not have a zone file - you would ctd

So the fix is for the files in these mods to be the same and thus will overwrite each other with no issue and no ctd

Old 08-26-13, 01:25 PM   #1077
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
So the fix is for the files in these mods to be the same and thus will overwrite each other with no issue and no ctd
If any differences, than Winmerge would work to combine data. Unless zones to complicated that may cause CTDs, too. Not looking at file structures now.

@Trevally
Are you enjoying the new computer hardware?
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 01:32 PM   #1078
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Tnx Trevally!

In this file there is category abouth sub parts also. Does changes in those lines effects player submarin in any way or not? For example, can i make sub's compartments more voulnerable to gunfire (lowering hitpoints, armor level in cm)? Currently , we need enormous ammount of firepower to produce some flooding, not so realistic at all. If answer is no, than i would really appreciate if someone can direct me which those files are...

I'm having a crasy thought to get rid of that annoying invisible health bar (aka hull integrity) and make sub to actually die from water flooding and sinking. I've done a lot reaserching (zon, upc file) but this is still very unclear for me...
Old 08-26-13, 02:42 PM   #1079
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
If any differences, than Winmerge would work to combine data. Unless zones to complicated that may cause CTDs, too. Not looking at file structures now.

@Trevally
Are you enjoying the new computer hardware?
yes - winmerge will show any part in "a" that are not in "b"
OHII uses FX zone files - so there will be no diff

My new PC is great - just ordered Rome Total War II 1 week to go before it is released

Quote:
Tnx Trevally!

In this file there is category abouth sub parts also. Does changes in those lines effects player submarin in any way or not? For example, can i make sub's compartments more voulnerable to gunfire (lowering hitpoints, armor level in cm)? Currently , we need enormous ammount of firepower to produce some flooding, not so realistic at all. If answer is no, than i would really appreciate if someone can direct me which those files are...

I'm having a crasy thought to get rid of that annoying invisible health bar (aka hull integrity) and make sub to actually die from water flooding and sinking. I've done a lot reaserching (zon, upc file) but this is still very unclear for me...
zone changes for the sub is for adding the smoke in command room when you take damage - this is TDW that made the upgrades
Old 08-29-13, 04:06 AM   #1080
Lastman
Torpedoman

Downloads: 250
Restart campaign

i need restart my campaign for this mod???
Lastman is offline   Reply With Quote