SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-24-14, 05:19 PM   #901
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Are someone with NYGM installation will be confirm that, there no bow wake/sprays and ship wave for Type 2D boat?
Old 05-24-14, 07:57 PM   #902
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard!

Pertinax!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 03:50 AM   #903
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Are someone with NYGM installation will be confirm that, there no bow wake/sprays and ship wave for Type 2D boat?
It seems that you have environment mods installed, maybe something went wrong and deleted the wake?
Old 05-25-14, 04:21 AM   #904
poor sailor
XO

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
It seems that you have environment mods installed, maybe something went wrong and deleted the wake?
Just installed MEP v.4.3 over NYGM v.3.6d patched with h.sie and Stiebler's patches. Everything installed as should. Environment is great and also having a 20km atmosphere. But I noticed that my crew on bridge can see the ship which I don't see that moment with binoculars. Is that ok? Without MEP, when crew see something (ship smoke...) and I could see also with binoculars. I'm using your excellent Gui mod, must have addition. What is your opinion about this great environment addition (MEP v.4.3) to have in combination with NYGM? I really appreciate your opinion as submarine expert.
poor sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 04:58 AM   #905
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertinax View Post
Hi,

I'm puzzled as to how the return voyage using Kiel canal works. In GWX, I just had to place the waypoint marker over the "Kiel canal" dot on the map, and the search pattern button did the job. But in NYGM, the dot isn't on the map. How do I use the waypoint button for the return voyage?

Thanks.
Welcome Matey

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 02:42 PM   #906
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
What is your opinion about this great environment addition (MEP v.4.3) to have in combination with NYGM? I really appreciate your opinion as submarine expert.
MEP is definitely my preferred environment mod. But the only guarantee of the sensors working as intended by the NYGM team is obviosly their default environment. I know Manos also worked hard at the sensors to ensure everything will be OK, but I don't know if the results are the same as with the original mod. In my opinion, as long as you don't find too big discrepancies, the MEP is a great addon that adds much to the game
Old 05-25-14, 03:04 PM   #907
poor sailor
XO

Downloads: 15

Many thanks for your answer. After some time of playing for now everything is fine. In the beginning I was just a little confused because I didn't saw ship at the moment with the binoculars after the message "Ship spotted..." but after some time, not so long, maybe a couple of seconds, not longer then minute, the smoke was on sight. Also tested with WO, nearest visual contact I easily can see smoke at 20000m on clear conditions. So, everything is ok now and I really enjoy with this environment mod and NYGM. Of course I added Thomsen sound pack and turned off that boring original music when playing. Now the atmosphere is realistic as I like. Thanks to NYGM for the great mod and also thank you Hitman for great GUI. Couldn't play without it.
poor sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 04:34 AM   #908
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
No, I find some info and fixed it (second screenshot). The problem was in NSS_Uboat2D.val file. But because of my specific installation, I'm not sure if this is NYGM problem. The file date is 2007, definitely not original SH3 file. And I'm lazy to download NYGM files again, to compare them.
Old 05-26-14, 08:54 AM   #909
pertinax
Nub

Downloads: 56

Thanks for all the answers! I'm coming back to SH3 after quitting for a while, and I'm glad to see that the SH3 community is still thriving.

I followed the instructions on the NYGM 2.0 as poor sailor suggested, and and it works! I was not even aware that a manual existed, and I'm now reading it thoroughly.
pertinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-14, 03:10 PM   #910
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@les green0:
Wide-screen mod. There is none, I regret to say.
There is ONE and it's Hitmans GUI based (with artistic license) over NYGM 3.6D
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=213527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
The problem with all wide screen mods is that they alter so many SH3 files, a fact which tends to destroy a lot of other mods if installed before the wide-screen mod, or the other mods wreck the wide-screen mod if they are installed afterwards.
This is true.. your main files to look out for are the Menu_1024_768.ini (as usual) Cameras.dat, Dial.cfg, Maps.cfg and one or two other files, as these control the visual parameters of the game. As long as you keep an eye on this when using JSGME.. you should have no problems.

With files that overwrite these specific files, it would be an idea to incorporate the new modifications in a 'structured way' - this will go a long way in not breaking the game - so to speak.
vanjast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 06:24 PM   #911
Ligne Maginot
Gunner

Downloads: 141

Do not forget that the mod "Widescreen MaGui v3.4(StandAlone Version)" developed by makman94, has an adaptation for NYGM, this is "WideScreen Magui-SA v3.4 FIX for NYGM v3.6D.rar".

I have used it a couple of patrols and is a very good mod.

Best Regards.
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1
Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6 (Fixed)
Ligne Maginot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 07:22 PM   #912
Ligne Maginot
Gunner

@ Stiebler:

Hello Sir, I was wondering it would be possible increase the time it takes to heal the crew members. Most of the time, the medic is able to perform almost instantaneous healings. Maybe a little bit.

In advance thanks for the attention.

Best Regards.
Old 06-06-14, 10:53 AM   #913
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Ligne Maginot:

I've looked through all the SH3 game files, but I cannot discover the file(s) in which I can change the time taken by the medics to heal the injured sailors.

Does anyone else know the solution to this problem? I don't think I have ever seen it mentioned before.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-14, 11:20 AM   #914
Ligne Maginot
Gunner

In my case, I never let the medic do other tasks. So, his efficiency level remains almost unchanged. I will try to measure the rate of cure. Assuming a base of 100 health points (to put it in some way) and taking the time it takes to perform a complete healing of an injured crew member. Anyway, it's really high.

Best Regards.

Last edited by Ligne Maginot; 06-06-14 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-06-14, 12:50 PM   #915
nutworld
Engineer

Downloads: 92

Hello everyone.

I've been extraordinarily frustrated because I recently purchased a new computer to play SH III. (maybe you've seen my posts)

Having enjoyed playing this Simulation using GWX Gold and having crashes I am giving this a try.

What suggestions do you experienced sailors using this mod have to help a newbie?

I am installing a new version of SH III to my D drive. I already have a version there and when I try and install I get an error message- Can not install. Install to a valid drive...

What is a valid drive destination?

If you can help please PM me or post here..Thanks

Last edited by nutworld; 06-06-14 at 02:39 PM.
nutworld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
torpedos through hull