For Silent Hunter III
THE NYGM Super Mod, Version 3 (and its sub-versions)
This is the most accurate and realistic representation of the U-boat
war that the NYGM team can make. We define accuracy as 'getting the
experience (sinkings and probability of being sunk) that a real U-boat
commander would be likely to achieve.'
First prepare a CLEAN installation of Ubisoft's Silent Hunter III, including Ubisoft's own 'patch 1.4b' (this is pre-installed on all releases of SHIII by Ubisoft after the end of 2005.)
Then create a folder Program Files\Ubisoft\silenthunteriii\mods,
and make sure you have installed a copy of JScones' General Mod Enabler (JSGME)
in your folder Program Files\Ubisoft\silenthunteriii\.
The NYGM Mod contains several parts, for convenience of downloading and
updating, as follows:
NYGM_Tonnage_War_V2.5_Full_Version.7z (Essential, 322 MBytes)
- 2. NYGM3_New.7z (Essential, 102 MBytes)
- 3. NYGM3_6B.7z (Essential, 38 MBytes)
- 4. IABLShipsforNYGM_New2.7z (Optional, 14 MBytes)
3rd Flotilla Mod.7z (Optional, 60 KBytes)
NYGM HiRes Submarines.7z (Optional, 101 MBytes)
SH3_Commander_Updates_for_NYGM.7z (Optional, 0.07 MByte)
- 8. MFM-Interim-Beta_NYGM.7z (Optional, 35 KBytes)
- 9. Stiebler4B_V16B1_Revised.7z (Optional, an upgrade of the 3A variant but more complex to install; 1046 KBytes)
The first six of these mods MUST be installed in the order shown above. UNZIP the four files above with 7-zip (best) or with later versions of WinZip or WinRAR.
Copy the un-zipped files into your Ubisoft\silenthunteriii\mods folder, as created above. Install the mods in the order shown with JSGME.
(You can later un-install the six mods in reverse order with JSGME.)
Files (7), (8) and (9) contain their own instructions for installation.
Full instructions for use are found in the documentation folders of NYGM 2.5 and NYGM 3_New.
- Files (1), (2) and (3) comprise the main NYGM mod, as at this release date. Hitman's GUI mod for NYGM is included as an optional extra.
- File (4) contains ships of IABL's new highly detailed merchant fleet, specially selected for NYGM and well tested.
- File (5) contains the files needed to operate a U-boat from the French Biscay base of La Rochelle.
- File (6) contains Mikhayl's improvements to the screen representation of the U-boat. (Optional.)
- File (7) contains the latest files for NYGM, to be installed with JScones' popular SH3Commander mod. Full instructions provided with file. But you must have SH3Commander installed for these files to serve any
purpose, and the files should be installed in the SH3Commander folder as
stated in their documentation. (Optional.)
- File (8) contains a small patch to improve IABL's large new MSM-interim-beta merchant fleet for use with NYGM. The fleet itself must be downloaded from IABL directly. Then install this mod (8) afterwards. If you install the MSM-interim-beta fleet, you *must* not install the earlier IABL fleet, file (4) above.
- File (9) contain an expansion of H.sie's famous 'Wolf-pack' patch kit (now v 1.6B1, file (9) is NOT suitable for the older V16A3) for improving and removing bugs from the main Ubisoft file, SH3.exe. For copyright reasons, you must have your own original SH3.exe file, our patch kit uses our original code to modify Ubisoft's code, and the patch-kit functions only with legitimate copies of SH3.exe.
If you support the 1000+ file downloads, hundreds of tips and reviews,
forums, and updated subsim news this website offers, please help out with a
We wouldn't ask if we didn't need it. Please pitch in!
With advertising revenue gone, the only
hope to continue operating this website depends on its readers. All of the
updates, website work, and articles are done by volunteers. If you support
the 1000+ file downloads, hundreds of tips and reviews, forums, and updated
subsim news this
website offers, please help out with a small donation.
HOSTING COSTS FOR THIS WEBSITE
EXCEED $600 A MONTH.
Donate and become a lifetime member of the
Members get Bonus Mods and Downloads!
|Ace of the
Silent Hunter Overlord level
$50 and up
If you wish, you may subscribe! $5
Using a Dial up? Receive all these downloads
PLUS BONUS MODS!
by mail on our Subsim Super DVD!
In case of difficulties, e-mail for help:
Help out with a small donation.
Keep SUBSIM strong with your support! Thanks!!
|Or send to:
Neal Stevens, SSR
5108 Woodville Ln
Pearland, TX 77584
It is greatly appreciated!
Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/subsimc/public_html/mods1/nygm/index.php on line 409
Warning: include(http://www.subsim.com/tips/footer.inc) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/subsimc/public_html/mods1/nygm/index.php on line 409
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.subsim.com/tips/footer.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/subsimc/public_html/mods1/nygm/index.php on line 409