SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-02-20, 09:15 AM   #1
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default TWOS - Destroyer/Cruiser following me out of friendly poet?

Hi all,

Sorry for all the posts lately. I've gotten pretty much all of my issues worked out for TWOS.

Now, I have a interesting but where a German Surface Ship is shadowing me almost the whole way to the English channel. I turn North, and so does he. I go under and run electrics for 5 hours and come up to him, at the same distance just circling and not coming closer.

What gives??

Also when in a scope view is there a way to move the scope by keyboard only? In SH3 I remember you could turn it with KB and could make it turn slower/in smaller increments. It seems even on the lowest DPI my mouse is too sensitive.
Old 02-02-20, 10:41 AM   #2
Lawlcat
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

This bug happens often. Ships will become stuck with yours, friendly/neutral/hostile, doesnt matter. When it happens the only way to clear it is to dive deep enough that they no longer can see you, save, reload the game, then advance time long enough for them to leave before you surface
Old 02-02-20, 10:57 AM   #3
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlcat View Post
This bug happens often. Ships will become stuck with yours, friendly/neutral/hostile, doesnt matter. When it happens the only way to clear it is to dive deep enough that they no longer can see you, save, reload the game, then advance time long enough for them to leave before you surface
Okay! Will try that! Thanks!
Old 02-03-20, 08:54 AM   #4
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlcat View Post
I don't think that will work. This is the well known old "sticky destroyers" AI glithch but it seem that Subsim community is getting sleepy these days... Namely, one only have to save/reload the game in order to solve the issue and unstuck the destroyers AI.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote