SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-15-23, 03:50 PM   #1726
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew Roberts View Post
Probably I could give a try,which is a huge work. Mainly because OneAlex SHIII loading time is like hell
then let it be and change your game options to auto-targeting.

either way, good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-23, 03:24 AM   #1727
gb027
Watch

Downloads: 190
Uploads: 2
Default Attack map blue pencil

Have installed ‘Dark Waters’ and I am very impressed by the graphics and make over from OM! One question , can anyone tell me what the Blue pencil in the attack map screen does? The red pencil can be used to make x marks. Not sure what to do with the blue pencil. Thanks.
gb027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-23, 02:04 PM   #1728
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

One of the pencils can be used to call on scout aircraft. You either click on the pencil, then an airbase and draw a line toward where you want the search, or the other way around... sigh - a mind is a terrible thing to lose...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-23, 03:43 PM   #1729
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
One of the pencils can be used to call on scout aircraft. You either click on the pencil, then an airbase and draw a line toward where you want the search, or the other way around... sigh - a mind is a terrible thing to lose...
yeah, i know what you mean.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb027 View Post
Have installed ‘Dark Waters’ and I am very impressed by the graphics and make over from OM! One question , can anyone tell me what the Blue pencil in the attack map screen does? The red pencil can be used to make x marks. Not sure what to do with the blue pencil. Thanks.
forget the pencil.
click on the airbase, then click where you want them to patrol.
there are limits/restrictions/exclusions to the range of the a/c and it is all built-into the the game parms by the time you get to this point.

LAA enabled
Old 06-27-23, 12:07 AM   #1730
gb027
Watch

Downloads: 190

Thanks for the reply. I’m used to sending scouts out in OM. So it’s the same method in Dark Waters. The blue pencil confused me!
gb027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-23, 07:05 AM   #1731
Dedushka
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

After a long time I noticed 1 interesting thing. I am not sure it is due to this mod, but while submerged my batteries can work infinitely. 1-2% of batteries stays forever. I am not checked it for a weeks, but I spent some days under water (i disabled co2 to test) with working engines and I still could sail. Sure, in my setting I do not have infinite batteries.
Dedushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-23, 08:32 AM   #1732
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedushka View Post
After a long time I noticed 1 interesting thing. I am not sure it is due to this mod, but while submerged my batteries can work infinitely. 1-2% of batteries stays forever. I am not checked it for a weeks, but I spent some days under water (i disabled co2 to test) with working engines and I still could sail. Sure, in my setting I do not have infinite batteries.
that is an SH4 game feature. a Kaleun cannot truly exhaust his batteries totally.

LAA enabled
Old 07-02-23, 09:35 AM   #1733
Dedushka
Swabbie

Downloads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
that is an SH4 game feature. a Kaleun cannot truly exhaust his batteries totally.
Not a big problem. But this is sad you can use the engine
Dedushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-23, 12:19 PM   #1734
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

Ahh... but some day when your boat runs out of diesel, you will be glad you can submerge and make it back to port on your inexhaustible battery bank... I ran out several hundred miles from Midway in a Gato boat one time, and was able to do that... took a while, and you do have to surface to vent the boat, but it is possible you might not have to abandon a career and face a court martial...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-23, 02:49 PM   #1735
Trost
Watch

Downloads: 232

Installed following the instructions to the letter, CTD's right after loading into a mission, turns out i forgot to apply LAA again on the new install. If you had the same problem as me that should be the solution

Last edited by Trost; 07-08-23 at 03:00 PM.
Trost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-23, 02:58 PM   #1736
Bartholomew Roberts
Bosun

Downloads: 107
Default BUG problem

the stadimeter is broken. The RAOBF calculation is not base on mil. And how can you switch AA like stock game? I tried II, VII, and XXI with multiple AA installed, press F11 several times and it just stick to the aft AA.
Bartholomew Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-23, 05:20 PM   #1737
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew Roberts View Post
the stadimeter is broken. The RAOBF calculation is not base on mil. And how can you switch AA like stock game? I tried II, VII, and XXI with multiple AA installed, press F11 several times and it just stick to the aft AA.
multiple questions.......

german uboats did not have stadimeters as US boats did. someone created a mod that activated a US-like stadimeter that works on one of scopes, i think the night scope (i cannot remember ). that is only relief that DW can offer.

concerning the RAOBF, another forum user will have to respond to that as i play with auto-targeting.

there should be an additional icon in the flak-group of icons that will allow you to swap user control to another set of flak guns.
this is a screen from a 9C. look at the lower left of the shot. i've clicked on the flak gun. the first two icons allow me to switch between a light MG and a Heavy MG. you should find the same options if your boat is equipped with multiple flak stations.

LAA enabled
Old 07-18-23, 10:31 PM   #1738
Bartholomew Roberts
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
multiple questions.......

german uboats did not have stadimeters as US boats did. someone created a mod that activated a US-like stadimeter that works on one of scopes, i think the night scope (i cannot remember ). that is only relief that DW can offer.

concerning the RAOBF, another forum user will have to respond to that as i play with auto-targeting.

there should be an additional icon in the flak-group of icons that will allow you to swap user control to another set of flak guns.
this is a screen from a 9C. look at the lower left of the shot. i've clicked on the flak gun. the first two icons allow me to switch between a light MG and a Heavy MG. you should find the same options if your boat is equipped with multiple flak stations.

Thanks for reply
Well, at least the stadimeter can now be used as a height indicator.

The IX class did have two button, but later version has mutiple light flak ,IXC has four aa guns, so does the IID, VIIC, XXI. They all have two 20mm or two 20mm plus 37mm, there is no swich button. the stock game swich position every time you push F11. So it's definitely a bug.

More discovery, the stock IXD2 works fine with all 3 AA guns switchable, and 3 buttons in aa menu. Just want to know how new boat gets wrong.

Last edited by Bartholomew Roberts; 07-19-23 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-19-23, 03:50 AM   #1739
Bartholomew Roberts
Bosun

I found in the OrdersBar.cfg it reads

Button4Type=Checkbox
Button4CommandWhenClicked=A02gun_camera
Button4CommandToCheckIfIsChecked=Is_A02_camera_sta tion_Active
Button4CommandToCheckIfIsEnabled=Is_A02_Available
Button4CommandToCheckIfIsVisible=Is_German_A02_Ins talled
Button4ImageIndex=3
Button4IconRowColumn=6,3
Button4Tooltip=5716

5716 is GO TO 2ND LIGHT AA GUN button

so it might not meet all conditions for the new ship.

Even 9c40 which has Turm9c_2 has this bug, by change AA type in 3 positions, sometime a 2nd button show up, never all there aa normal. 9c40 is identical to stock 9d2 and they share the same aa weapon. Their upcge and UnitParts.upc files are almost the same. I checked Turm9c_2_hd.cam and Turm9c_2_hd.sim , they do lack a third camera shell and turret, after I added raw chunk from 9d2's file. Nothing changed, still lack at least one AA button.

And for XXI, it has same A01 A02 cam with the stock XVIII, so does the sim file of turret control, only difference is stock XVIII has conning seprated in objects folder. Stock XVIII has two AA buttons, the XXI only has front AA show as Aft Flak.

IID has a extra AA in conning tower, the AA on front deck is unable to control, It's in the first trainning mission so easy to find out.

Last edited by Bartholomew Roberts; 07-19-23 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-19-23, 05:56 AM   #1740
Philipcrash
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 46

How exactly do SMA's interact with the world? If i launch SMA's, do they stay there? Do they Despawn or will they stay there forever, and what about ships? How do i know if one can even hit them if they arent loaded in, and what about rewards for a sinking a ship with a Mine? What's the idea on how they are meant to work?

I tested around with them a bit myself, but they after launching they don't lose their momentum and drift a away, forever. Also their launch animation plays on a loop every a few minutes, And as far as i know they either despawn when you go away, or just drift away forever. I don't think these work as they should.

Im using a Type VIIB with SMA's for this, in 1939.
Philipcrash is offline   Reply With Quote