SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-29-16, 03:39 AM   #1
She-Wolf
Watchdog

Downloads: 152
Uploads: 0
Default I got a dig in the ribs....

.. because I have not been on here for a bit - thank you Aktungbby.

For those that remember me ( though why you should I cannot say) a shame-faced 'hello' - I have been watching from a distance, via Facebook. You all look so young to me these days ( apart from such folk as Jimbuna and SailorSteve of course, who have been on here for ever and a day) that I feel my role is more to watch and learn than have anything of value to impart, because your enthusiasm for the game is impressive, and I can only go um, er and gape at the depth of knowledge. Anyway, I am fine, creakier and fuzzier as befits a lady of a certain age, but still getting me feet wet from time to time in the Kanal or the waters around Honshu. Thank you for even noticing my absence dear hearts!
Old 09-29-16, 08:52 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

All credit goes to Fireftr18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireftr18
Has anyone heard from She-Wolf and know how she's doing?
I merely followed-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Wolf
...that I feel my role is more to watch and learn than have anything of value to impart,...
Nonsense Ma'am; the expression is : "observe AND REPORT"...once in awhile so we 65 year-old kids don't worry!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 09-29-16 at 09:02 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 09:09 AM   #3
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

It's good to see you check in. I tend to take a peek at everything that gets posted here, so I've seen the times you've dropped in with questions. Other than that I don't have much to say, except when I actually have a viable answer. Of course that doesn't mean we don't notice.
Old 09-29-16, 09:35 AM   #4
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Good afternoon young lady, I trust you are well and the weather is holding up in sunniest Petersfield

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 10:58 AM   #5
She-Wolf
Watchdog

you say the nicest things Jimbuna - if I had any eyelashes worth fluttering I would flutter them.
Sailor Steve, not much escapes you then.. now I have been summoned back here for being AWOL ( thank you Mr Aktungbby, Sir), the desire for the open sea is stirring again, so no doubt I shall be calling in with another question before too long...

I don't actually know where the MIA thread is else I would thank FireFtr18 for his concern - what a nice bunch of blokes you all are!
Old 09-29-16, 12:13 PM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Medicinal Liquor stores & gittin'...Groggy?

Quote:
and I can only go um, er and gape at the depth of knowledge. Anyway, I am fine, creakier and fuzzier as befits a lady of a certain age,
Quote:
I don't actually know where the MIA thread is else I would thank FireFtr18 for his concern - what a nice bunch of blokes you all are!
MIA http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159552 For our departed 'serious 'stiffs only! Go with a little: Rum, BEer and fermented gRape; from your ship's surgeon's stores. Watch that depth! You'll B even 'finer, fuzzier and less creaky'! < Old Grog Don't forget to add Rose's Lime water to the mix; Scurvy is frowned upon at as U...
Quote:
^splice the mainbrace
ALAS! Only the Queen or the Admiralty Board can order it.
(1:00 into video)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 02:04 PM   #7
She-Wolf
Watchdog

thank you Mr Aktung Sir, job done and Fireftr18 duly thanked - I note your advice for dealing with creaks and fuzziness, but I fear it is too late for me - though a bottle of Bailey's at Christmas does seem to help
Old 09-29-16, 06:23 PM   #8
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Good to see you around here again, though I seldom post in this thread since I haven't played SH4 in several years, (busy getting a handle on SH5 right now) and have put SH3 in dry dock till WAC 5.0 comes out.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 08:58 PM   #9
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77

Thanks for checking in She-Wolf. I remember you had to go or lay low for a reason. I was just wondering how you were doing. Sounds like you're doing well.
Old 09-30-16, 04:29 AM   #10
She-Wolf
Watchdog

HW3 - how are you sir? Getting a handle on SH5! I think my get up and go for that particular game has gone on holiday.. I power it up ( with mods) and admire the scenery and the waves and the breeze in my face up top, but then the enthusiasm falters as I approach the hatch to go below - and get stuck halfway down the ladder. Meanwhile the boat could be under enemy fire and here I am fiddling around between decks or trying to remember what keys I need to use to go to sonar or raise scope - or whatever. Urgh! I know, must persevere....

Fireftr18 you are a star for even remembering I exist!
Lay low? We lost our dear old dog a while back- that was probably it. Stops you in your tracks don't it, and then it takes time to pick up the threads again. Here I am though, still ticking over, and Steam has a lot to answer for because it keeps offering me games at a price I cannot refuse, and then, of course, I have to give them a whirl....
Old 09-30-16, 07:53 AM   #11
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

... I wish they'd just let us fall down the ladder in SH5. I'll take a broken leg for the team to save the boat...

I remember you from my lurker days... my, that doesn't sound right, now does it?...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-16, 08:28 AM   #12
She-Wolf
Watchdog

propbeanie pleased to know I am not the only one it continues to irk - and that you remember me - even peeking from the shadows.