SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-26-16, 05:46 AM   #5836
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
24 h around coastal waters and 48 h in open ocean would be perfect IMO...

P.S. I have already set up the files if anyone is willing to try...The files could be enabled anytime I think...

This update can be added when boat is in the bunker. No new career required
Old 05-26-16, 10:24 AM   #5837
Coldcall
Chief

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

Are there requirements from happy Times campaign in order to unlock Mare Nostrum? I got to March 1st, actually March 22nd when sailed again and soon ended HT, but when it offered the next campaigns, mare Nostrum had a big cross in it?

I sank a huge European liner, 81k tons. Am I being penalised?
Coldcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-16, 11:05 AM   #5838
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcall View Post
Are there requirements from happy Times campaign in order to unlock Mare Nostrum? I got to March 1st, actually March 22nd when sailed again and soon ended HT, but when it offered the next campaigns, mare Nostrum had a big cross in it?

I sank a huge European liner, 81k tons. Am I being penalised?
Not good...Mare Nostrum is starting on March 15th and you have passed that date.

You should load a gamesave before march 1st and use one of two OSI.exe priority tweaks in order to trigger campaign transfer correctly. If it still doesn't work then use my workaround to update your last HT bunker save with MN (or WA) files. All links are in TWoS F.A.Q. section...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-16, 12:10 PM   #5839
Coldcall
Chief

Quote:
Not good...Mare Nostrum is starting on March 15th and you have passed that date.

You should load a gamesave before march 1st and use one of two OSI.exe priority tweaks in order to trigger campaign transfer correctly. If it still doesn't work then use my workaround to update your last HT bunker save with MN (or WA) files. All links are in TWoS F.A.Q. section...
okay thanks. I´ve gone back to previous save before entering Lorient on Feb 22nd and am continuing objectives. I´ll sail around til March 1st, if that doesnt work I´ll use your save game tweak.
Old 05-26-16, 02:29 PM   #5840
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Stock shore leave is 14 days (bunker time)
Campaign end date to next campaign start is 15 days.

When shore leave is increased (20+ days) and campaigns are designed to end by date, this is the possible result.

Extra time needs to be set between campaigns for this issue
Old 05-26-16, 02:35 PM   #5841
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Trevally
Another correct kill date in the Captain's Log

Peter

Thats great Peter. Would like to see the upc file when you end your patrol
Old 05-26-16, 03:10 PM   #5842
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Stock shore leave is 14 days (bunker time)
Campaign end date to next campaign start is 15 days.

When shore leave is increased (20+ days) and campaigns are designed to end by date, this is the possible result.

Extra time needs to be set between campaigns for this issue
True, but I think that wasn't the case here. He's spent the time between march 1st and 22nd on the sea actually...Campaign transfer should be initiated but it didn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post

Thats great Peter. Would like to see the upc file when you end your patrol
You guys do understand that CareerTrack.upc has nothing to do with campaign transfers, tonnage objectives, tonnage bar ect...Those are all exclusively Campaign.cfg related stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 05-26-16, 03:22 PM   #5843
Coldcall
Chief

Quote:

Thanks that worked using previous game save. June 2nd and Mare Nostrum was available. here comes the med sunshine chocolate and churros!
Old 05-26-16, 03:34 PM   #5844
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Thanks that worked using previous game save. June 2nd and Mare Nostrum was available. here comes the med sunshine chocolate and churros!
Excellent ! Just tell us please which of two available Mama's tweaks have you used and what is your operating system?
Old 05-26-16, 03:45 PM   #5845
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
True, but I think that wasn't the case here. He's spent the time between march 1st and 22nd on the sea actually...Campaign transfer should be initiated but it didn't...
Quote:
okay thanks. I´ve gone back to previous save before entering Lorient on Feb 22nd and am continuing objectives. I´ll sail around til March 1st, if that doesnt work I´ll use your save game tweak.
Hi Coldcall

Could you give us some details on how that campaign only ended on the 22nd.

I am assuming that you entered port on the 22nd.
What date did you leave port?

Quote:
You guys do understand that CareerTrack.upc has nothing to do with campaign transfers, tonnage objectives, tonnage bar ect...Those are all exclusively Campaign.cfg related stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Yes - I am interested in the Danzig objective not being recorded as 2 kills when Peters capt log did reg the kill (with bugged dates)

When Peter ends his patrol - comparing the capt log v CampaignProgress v Campaign is what I would like to see
Old 05-26-16, 03:45 PM   #5846
Coldcall
Chief

Quote:
Excellent ! Just tell us please which of two available Mama's tweaks have you used and what is your operating system?
Neither. I just went back to a save out on patrol Feb 22nd, sailed around, and on June 2nd it ended the campaign automatically,took me to new campaign screen and Mare Nostrum was now available. Windows 8
Old 05-26-16, 03:50 PM   #5847
Coldcall
Chief

Trevally,

Yes I had put into port Feb 22nd, but next mission date we left on March 20th. I guess that´s what stopped Mare Nostrum being available. Yes seems like very long port times.
Old 05-26-16, 04:00 PM   #5848
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Trevally,

Yes I had put into port Feb 22nd, but next mission date we left on March 20th. I guess that´s what stopped Mare Nostrum being available. Yes seems like very long port times.
Thanks Coldcall

So here is what I am thinking so far:-
If the 3 megamods look to update their campaign working, I think we can fix the tonnage bug by (as vecko has done) removing tonnage as objectives.
Tonnage objective are required however for making the campaign

If objective have very high tonnage requirements and/or setting tonnage objective value points to zero. This can never end a campaign. So everyones campaign will end by date whether they us the mama fix or not. This will also address the issue where the fix does not work for all.

So looking to ensure that all campaigns end correctly by date will reduce the risk the player have to fix their save game to progress.

Another check (you may know this already vecko) to to ensure that when the tonnage bug is in effect and players sink ships - their kills will count ot the promotion and renown points. (every one likes an upgraded boat or equipment

I am still thinking about the issue where a players campaign ends while they are in mid battle
Old 05-26-16, 04:20 PM   #5849
Coldcall
Chief

Okay now I have another problem

It´s April 2nd and fhe base transfer to la Spezia has not happened. sub icon still shows Lorient as my base. I even tried going into La Spezia and I can refit, but not end patrol.

I have received the red messages re-basing to La Spezia. It was fun dodging the British at the straights of Gib.

Any ideas how I can tweak the re base to happen?

Note: Have reloaded/restarted several times to no avail.
Old 05-26-16, 04:58 PM   #5850
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Neither. I just went back to a save out on patrol Feb 22nd, sailed around, and on June 2nd it ended the campaign automatically,took me to new campaign screen and Mare Nostrum was now available. Windows 8
June 2nd?? HT should end on march 1st 1941...
Quote:
Okay now I have another problem

It´s April 2nd and fhe base transfer to la Spezia has not happened. sub icon still shows Lorient as my base. I even tried going into La Spezia and I can refit, but not end patrol.

I have received the red messages re-basing to La Spezia. It was fun dodging the British at the straights of Gib.

Any ideas how I can tweak the re base to happen?

Note: Have reloaded/restarted several times to no avail.
I really dont know and now you have completely confused me...Something is screwed with your game/savegames because there should be no Lorient as player's base in MN campaign. Your MN campaign should start in Kiel on march 15th 1941 and day later you shold be transfered to La Spezzia...

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii