SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-26-09, 06:40 PM   #1
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTotenkopf View Post
i love it. great job, so i did read the manual how to use it but i cant still understand it. can someone make a video on youtube or something like that?
On it... but it will take a while. Most info is already in the manual, it all depends on how carefully you read it. Building up a general lesson that should also apply for SH5 (I hope).
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 09:59 AM   #2
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

I can't figure how to insert the code for the renumbering macro into a word document, can you please upload again the document with the macro already built in?

Thanks
Old 03-06-10, 05:48 PM   #3
karamazovnew
The Old Man

[QUOTE=Hitman;1297760]

See if this one works. http://www.filefront.com/15759753/MenuRenumber.docm

This macro only changes the text that you paste inside this file.
1. Copy/Paste the entire text from menu_1024_768.ini file.
2. Go to the Developer Tab (must enable it in the Word Options first) and click on Macros. You'll see the macro in the list.
3. Click Run and enter the page number (G26, G28, G2B, etc.). Then press Renumber. Wait for it to finish (it will take a while).
4. Then select the entire text and paste it on top of the menu_1024_768.ini file.

Yes, it also works for the SH5 page.ini files.

Tell me if it works.
Old 03-07-10, 03:29 AM   #4
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Will give it a try ASAP, thanks

Will it work if I only paste there the section I'm modifying, e.g. G26?
Old 03-08-10, 02:27 AM   #5
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Will give it a try ASAP, thanks

Will it work if I only paste there the section I'm modifying, e.g. G26?
Ofc, but you can also paste in any text. What it does is this:
- you tell it to look for page GXX
- it starts from the beginning of the file and searches for "[GXX I"
- then it replaces the following number with an incremental value (starting from 1) until it finishes the entire document

That's why you shouldn't have commented items in your file and they should be pretty much in order. Also, you only need to bother to rename copy/pasted items so that they have the proper page number:

[G27 I103]
[G27 I82]
[G27 I82]
[G27 I102]

is ok, but

[G27 I103]
[G27 I82]
;[G27 I82]
[G27 I102]

is not and neither is

[G27 I103]
[G27 I82]
[G26 I82]
[G27 I102]

It won't bug the macro, but it will bug the game
Old 03-11-10, 04:52 AM   #6
Seabass
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

This interface rocks.

It confounded me at first, but after playing with it for a bit, I loaded up the OM convoy tutorial and sunk both merchants from 4.8km with two single shots on first try. My comfort zone for vanilla SH4 was 1.5 to maybe ~2km. Lol.

Anyway, nice work Karamazov. Might be just a tad overpowered though
Old 01-19-12, 02:36 PM   #7
Rocco_99
Watch

Downloads: 192
Default install

Hello sir,

pls tell me how can i install yur mod? which file i need to download, exactly?
i got a couple of files, but i still didnt works....

regards,

R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post

This mod has been included by Lurker_hlb3 in OMEGU V300 WITH Patch, and OM Plot v402 so make sure to download his latest versions and patches.

Optional fixes, enable them with JSGME AFTER all OMEGU mods:
- AOB wheel marks remover: http://www.filefront.com/17001559/Ki...s%20remove.zip
(This removes the green marks that show up when you turn on the AOB finder wheel).

- AOBF and Stadimeter bright buttons: http://www.filefront.com/17001601/Ki...%20buttons.zip
(On low resolutions, these buttons can be hard to see. I've made them a bit brighter in the OFF status).

Documentation links:
http://www.filefront.com/14992013/KiUB-User-Guide.zip/
http://www.filefront.com/15351513/Manual-Targeting.zip/ this is a big one, 28 MB.

KiUB (or Kriegsmarine Interface for UBm, or "Cube" for short) is a mod that adds TDC and torpedo panels, miliradian marks and an AOB wheel to the Attack Periscope screen.
- it works for any resolution
- no optional files for different types of Uboats (only if you play Type 21 and want to see a correct salvo dial)
- doesn't affect the American Interface
- easy to customise marks and filters (details in the first documentation link)

Many thanks to all that helped me and kept me company during the 3 months it took to make. This thread is open for any question regarding the KiUB interface and the SH4 interface in general. If you make modifications to my image files (which I tried to encourage by making the files themselves as easy to change as possible) feel free to post them here and I'll update this main post, with all credit awarded to the respective modder. Since OMEGU is a big mod, it would be best to have small fixes and visual upgrades here instead of spamming Lurker for updates.

Unlike in SH3 where we had multiple options of campaigns and interfaces, Operation Monsun is THE mod to have when playing Uboats. Because of the simplicity of changing from RFB/TMO and other american side mods using JSGME, I've decided that making multiple versions of this interface for other super mods would be pointless. However anyone can integrate this into any interface (including vanilla, by using the resource files at the bottom of this page).

Making this mod has been difficult and many shortcuts had to be made. The SH4 interface has more hard coded elements and to make a mod that works on any resolution requires a good understanding of the object structure and a bit of planning. My mod should be regarded "as it is", adding new objects or moving/replacing current objects would be very difficult. While I am available for any bug reports, advice and open discussion about using and changing this mod, the main layout is final. The lessons learned are here on this thread and available to all that want to enhance the SH4 interface (and SH5, since they share the same 2d engine).

Special thanks:
- OLC, Hitman, Makman94, h.sie, Joegrundman and Mikhayl for their work with SH3 and showing us what a Sub sim interface should look like.
- again Hitman and Makman94 for their continued support with this mod
- Lurker_hlb3 for actually giving me a reason to make it
- the Subsim community for it's wealth of information and support for the game
- not least, the Ubisoft Romania dev team for making this game as modable as it is

Kit for modders: http://www.filefront.com/17110215/KiUB%20Files.zip
WARNING: this is NOT the mod itself, don't be fooled by the folder structure. DO NOT enable this in JSGME. The playable mod is already included in OMEGU.
These are all the files on which I have worked. Since the mod is integrated into OMEGU, to prevent weird situations, I'll offer them as resources here, separately. You can use, modify, integrate, do whatever you want, as long as you don't charge money (or I'll come to your door and beg for some). There's no need to ask me for permission to use them. Go ahead, have fun. A little credit would be nice, but don't bother too much with that either.
Rocco_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 04:50 AM   #8
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413

As you have described above you don't need install specific files, simply install OMEGU addon.

But I have another question - how to safely uninstall KIUB from OM+OMEGU? I want to return to stock user interface, but with all OMEGU fixes. Is it possible?
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 05:06 AM   #9
marcospanik
Swabbie

Downloads: 16

i have the same question as Jaxa....is there any way how to get stock (sh3 like) interface for scopes and UZO (i really liked it, no insult to karamazovs work ) without interfeering other effects of OMEGU ??
...and also....with KiUB, how can I attack on surface, UZO is not recognizing any ship (i must identify it with attack scope).
thanks for reply

Last edited by marcospanik; 03-11-12 at 05:30 AM.
marcospanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 12:07 PM   #10
Munster
Swabbie

Downloads: 432

Hi, in the original post there's a link to a modders kit. Unfortunately the link is dead. I would like to play around a bit with the files - just for my own usage. Is it possible to re-up the modders kit?

Regards,
Munster
Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 07:26 PM   #11
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munster View Post
Hi, in the original post there's a link to a modders kit. Unfortunately the link is dead. I would like to play around a bit with the files - just for my own usage. Is it possible to re-up the modders kit?

Regards,
Munster
Is that Munster, as in the The Munsters, the famous television show? I suggest you send a PM to karamozovnew. If there is a link, he should be able to post it or send it to you.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 11:59 AM   #12
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxa View Post
As you have described above you don't need install specific files, simply install OMEGU addon.

But I have another question - how to safely uninstall KIUB from OM+OMEGU? I want to return to stock user interface, but with all OMEGU fixes. Is it possible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcospanik View Post
i have the same question as Jaxa....is there any way how to get stock (sh3 like) interface for scopes and UZO (i really liked it, no insult to karamazovs work ) without interfeering other effects of OMEGU ??
...and also....with KiUB, how can I attack on surface, UZO is not recognizing any ship (i must identify it with attack scope).
thanks for reply
I do not know the answer to either of the questions. However, I would think that karamovnew should as he worked on the Kiub interface. I have not seen him for quite awhile, so I do not know if he is still around. Lurker created OM/OMEGU I think, and he no longer is around subsim. If others are out there, I do not know who they are. You could ask Jan Kyster or Peabody, as they may have some information that could help.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 07:31 PM   #13
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
I do not know the answer to either of the questions. However, I would think that karamovnew should as he worked on the Kiub interface. I have not seen him for quite awhile, so I do not know if he is still around. Lurker created OM/OMEGU I think, and he no longer is around subsim. If others are out there, I do not know who they are. You could ask Jan Kyster or Peabody, as they may have some information that could help.
Well... when I created this interface it only affected the german attack periscope screen, nothing more. So you could use the UZO and observation scope with the stock interface. After a while, somebody (I think Hitman), ported my interface to the other screens as well. I have no idea how his mod works, mine was very simple to remove, since it did not change any stock file, except for the dials/cfg and menu1024.ini files. Copy over the original unmodded versions of those files and see if you get lucky
Old 01-18-16, 09:14 PM   #14
camaroz28
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 62
Default KIUB does't work

HI karamazovnew.
I get your wonderful KIUB by the OMEGU MOD. You can see my order install and what options i choose in it. The other mods rsrd and op MONSUN have been installed completely.
The KIUB stadimeter works well, but i can't move the middle circle of the AOBF.
Finally all the buttons and gauges on the TDC are inactive when i move the periscope attack.
Something important : The KIUB only appears when i activate Magnified Hud Dials for OM+OMEGU_Large.
So please tell me if i'm doing wrong with the install or anything else.
Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KIUB-TDC.jpg (93.1 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg JSGME-ORDER-INSTALL.jpg (29.3 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg OMEGU-V300.jpg (45.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg OMEGU-V300-P7.jpg (45.0 KB, 29 views)
camaroz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-18, 03:44 AM   #15
PotroastXII
Swabbie

Downloads: 60
Default Problem with the TDC

Hello there. I'm using the OMEGU mod with the Kiub but I can't use the range dial and etc. I want to be able to use it but I don't know how.
PotroastXII is offline   Reply With Quote